Cheese Infused Martini - Availability on Celebrity

DirtyDawg

Apparently this is getting a lot of press lately. 

https://www.foodandwine.com/news/velveeta-martini-blt-restaurants-goldbelly

This branded one is available only at certain restaurants but does anyone know if a cheese infused martini is available on Celebrity? And if they are, anyone tried one? Would you try one?

❤️ 🧀 but 🧀 in 🍸 somehow  = 🤢 to me!

• Thanks 1

I think I'd have to have a five or six plain old martinis first before I'd even try a real cheese martini.

Lots and lots more to try a  WHEY, MILK, MILK PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, CANOLA OIL, SODIUM CITRATE, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF GELATIN, SALT, CALCIUM PHOSPHATE, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, LACTIC ACID, SORBIC ACID AS A PRESERVATIVE, MILKFAT, CHEESE CULTURE, PAPRIKA EXTRACT AND ANNATTO (COLOR), ENZYMES, NATURAL FLAVOR, VITAMIN A PALMITATE martini! 

Cheers!🤮

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Homosassa said:

It wasn't available in the Martini Bar on the Millennium three weeks ago.

However, with a Black Forest Martini on the menu, who needs velvetta?

Homosassa--how as your Millie cruise?  We're on her in 3wks and wondering how things went, did X run out of any food/alcohol, etc, etc?  Thanks in advance!

As for the cheese martini...to each their own, but to me totally unappealing. Surprising because BLT is a large, upscale multi-venue restaurant group, so I assume they did some research on this first. 

6 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

This branded one is available only at certain restaurants but does anyone know if a cheese infused martini is available on Celebrity? And if they are, anyone tried one? Would you try one?

I would not even try it with my premium drink package 

2 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

Homosassa--how as your Millie cruise?  We're on her in 3wks and wondering how things went, did X run out of any food/alcohol, etc, etc?  Thanks in advance!

As for the cheese martini...to each their own, but to me totally unappealing. Surprising because BLT is a large, upscale multi-venue restaurant group, so I assume they did some research on this first. 

Our overall impression was one of disorganization.

Left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing type of stuff.

Part of the problem was that when we arrived at the port, we found (we being two cabins, myself and husband, the other being daughter and husband) had been taken for quarantine purposes.  Without going into detail, the new cabins assigned to us were not equivalent to those we originally booked in location or size.

By the time we received acceptable cabins several hours after sailing, the fun with a poor cabin attendant begun. Never could get our cabins serviced before 2PM in the afternoon.

Articles that were sent to the cabin (such as Captain's Club invitations,  luggage tags) were never delivered. When we asked about them and other articles, we were told that they had been delivered to our new cabins.

Trying to get a straight answer on some excursion details let to conflicting information from excursion staff.

Some premium wine and alcohol selections were not available first three days of cruise.

And then there was the third passenger we kept being told was booked in our cabin which only held two.  That passenger may explained the mysterious  $150 charge added to our account after we disembarked. Luckily, it refunded to us before we needed to start dealing with customer service.

As we have been cruising for  over forty six years on multiple lines and itineraries, it was just small irritating things on a daily basis that left us scratching out heads in confusion and feeling that this was one cruise that just wasn't up to snuff. The feeling was relieved by one (or two) martinis (one of which might have been a Black Forest martini) after dinner.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g1-d15691375-i386609548-Celebrity_Equinox-World.html

Edited by Homosassa

The consistency of the responses so far has me worried. I am by nature a contrarian, I go against the thinking of the majority in most things. So being in the majority on this one is quite unsettling. Could it be that this Velveeta Martini is actually the taste treat of the century? The Tom Brady of cocktails? The New York Yankees of Martinis?🤔

Even though I hate to be in the majority, the more I think about it, and get nauseous thinking about it, this abomination is indeed the worst idea ever! It's the Washington Nationals of Martinis. The Johnny Manziel of cocktails! And the Carnival Cruise Line of taste! 😇

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

Just saw this drink on the Today show, it looks gross.  Two tried it, 1 said ok but they wouldn't order it and the other was working hard not to spit it our. 

That is funny I saw it on Today  show right after I read it here also . Hoda seemed horrified by it !! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, amcco said:

I prefer to drink my drinks and chew my food 😂

You poor soul, don't you know that the breakfast of champions is a drink you eat. 

Guinness. The Breakfast of Champions!!!

Of course the folks who eat it for breakfast are Champion Irish Drunks but hey, they're still Champions! 🏆

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

You poor soul, don't you know that the breakfast of champions is a drink you eat. 

Guinness. The Breakfast of Champions!!!

Of course the folks who eat it for breakfast are Champion Irish Drunks but hey, they're still Champions! 🏆

Follow that up with some Irn Bru and you’ve got it all covered 😉😂

9 hours ago, Homosassa said:

Our overall impression was one of disorganization.

Left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing type of stuff.

Part of the problem was that when we arrived at the port, we found (we being two cabins, myself and husband, the other being daughter and husband) had been taken for quarantine purposes.  Without going into detail, the new cabins assigned to us were not equivalent to those we originally booked in location or size.

By the time we received acceptable cabins several hours after sailing, the fun with a poor cabin attendant begun. Never could get our cabins serviced before 2PM in the afternoon.

Articles that were sent to the cabin (such as Captain's Club invitations,  luggage tags) were never delivered. When we asked about them and other articles, we were told that they had been delivered to our new cabins.

Trying to get a straight answer on some excursion details let to conflicting information from excursion staff.

Some premium wine and alcohol selections were not available first three days of cruise.

And then there was the third passenger we kept being told was booked in our cabin which only held two.  That passenger may explained the mysterious  $150 charge added to our account after we disembarked. Luckily, it refunded to us before we needed to start dealing with customer service.

As we have been cruising for  over forty six years on multiple lines and itineraries, it was just small irritating things on a daily basis that left us scratching out heads in confusion and feeling that this was one cruise that just wasn't up to snuff. The feeling was relieved by one (or two) martinis (one of which might have been a Black Forest martini) after dinner.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g1-d15691375-i386609548-Celebrity_Equinox-World.html

Ugh...sorry to hear so many small things went wrong--but glad the martinis helped!  Sounds like you had a good time nonetheless (hopefully all 4 of you).  I can only hope that whatever wrinkles. you encountered has been ironed out by 8/12!  If not, I know where to find a good martini....and wine, and bourbon, and.... 😉

There is currently a movie in theaters called "Nope." I haven't seen it. My young adult kds have. 

I'm just going to assume it's about this particular cocktail, and I am not going to ask further and have my delusions debunked. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

I wouldn't even consider one.  This sounds like a "stunt" drink somewhat akin to the weird foods offered at state fairs.

I've spent enough time living in Texas to realize that 'weird' doesn't even begin to cover the food at the State Fair 🙂

On 7/22/2022 at 5:12 AM, DirtyDawg said:

I'm from the Philly area and I don't even eat cheese steaks with Velveeta.

1 hour ago, DirtyDawg said:

Isn't a cheese steak sandwich made with Velveeta called a Jersey Cheese Steak?

😉

Not sure what they do in NJ.  In Philadelphia, it is usually White American and/or Provolone.  And some also add Cheese Whiz.  Never Velveeta.  I do not like them with Cheese Whiz either.  I would not order a cheese martini in any form or in any place.  Just gross.

• Like 1