Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

A brand new ship doing booze cruises?

The 3/4 nighters are appealing to first timers. This is the direction Royal was heading when they tested Allure out on the same itineraries. She’s commanding high prices. Plus, the more people they can get to CocoCay, the better for them.

Direct competition to the Disney Wish, as well.

11 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

The 3/4 nighters are appealing to first timers. This is the direction Royal was heading when they tested Allure out on the same itineraries. She’s commanding high prices. Plus, the more people they can get to CocoCay, the better for them.

Direct competition to the Disney Wish, as well.

Yes. Plus, new ships command higher fares, especially from the port people typically sail from before/after a trip to Walt Disney World. They will make a fortune on short sailings from PC. Disney has been doing this for 25 years. I honestly don’t know what took Royal so long. 

On 2/26/2023 at 4:34 AM, Jumping Cruiser said:

As far as I know, nothing has been announced past Jan. Allure is due a dry-dock in 2025, as her last one was in 2020.

I’m wondering if she may come out of service in January and have her full amplification that was planned for 2020, before doing the 7-day Mediterranean itinerary in 2025 which usually begins around April. Her postponed amplification was supposed to take 58-days, so add a week of sailing to Cadiz and the timing looks about right to me.

I'm ready to book the Fall 2025 Allure TA the moment it opens for booking (which I know won't be for some time).  Might just recycle the canceled Fall 2020 Allure TA spreadsheet ;o)))

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Teeara said:

I'm ready to book the Fall 2025 Allure TA the moment it opens for booking (which I know won't be for some time).  Might just recycle the canceled Fall 2020 Allure TA spreadsheet ;o)))

Ditto. @TeearaAlthough we had a good time on the Wonder TA last fall, it'd be fun to finally get that Allure TA checked off as we chatted about it for so long before RC switched ships! 😆 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Someone who is onboard currently has reported on social media that Utopia will debut in PC July 2024 on 3-4 nighters

Screenshot_20230305_225309_Facebook.jpg

Has any Royal Caribbean new build ever launched doing 3/4 night cruises?

6 hours ago, long4acruise said:

Ditto. @TeearaAlthough we had a good time on the Wonder TA last fall, it'd be fun to finally get that Allure TA checked off as we chatted about it for so long before RC switched ships! 😆 

Agreed!  

The only though I had about a new ship doing 3/4 short cruises is that they charge such a new ship premium that by offering short cruises the sticker shock isn't so bad and folks might be more willing to splurge and accept the new ship premium since the total doesn't appear so bad.  

On a per night basis it's outrageous but when it's only 3 or 4 nights the total amount appears more "affordable".  

$1,800 to $2,400 for an entry level cabin on a short cruise doesn't seem so bad even if that is $400 per person per night.  A 7 night cruise would be $5,600.  $2,400 is a lot easier to justify compared to $5,600 to experience a brand new ship.  

• Like 4

On 3/6/2023 at 7:00 PM, twangster said:

The only though I had about a new ship doing 3/4 short cruises is that they charge such a new ship premium that by offering short cruises the sticker shock isn't so bad and folks might be more willing to splurge and accept the new ship premium since the total doesn't appear so bad.  

On a per night basis it's outrageous but when it's only 3 or 4 nights the total amount appears more "affordable".  

$1,800 to $2,400 for an entry level cabin on a short cruise doesn't seem so bad even if that is $400 per person per night.  A 7 night cruise would be $5,600.  $2,400 is a lot easier to justify compared to $5,600 to experience a brand new ship.  

No cruise line seems to have problem filling new builds for 7 night cruises. 

I just don't see it happening. Not to say it won't but I personally would be very surprised.

6 minutes ago, NightOne said:

No cruise line seems to have problem filling new builds for 7 night cruises. 

I just don't see it happening. Not to say it won't but I personally would be very surprised.

Prime Saturday and Sunday berths are filled at Miami, Ft Lauderdale and PC.  No ship doing 3/4 day sailings from PC from mid July onward, Royal is not about to abandon that market.  All the signs point to Utopia doing the 3/4 day sailings. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Prime Saturday and Sunday berths are filled at Miami, Ft Lauderdale and PC.  No ship doing 3/4 day sailings from PC from mid July onward, Royal is not about to abandon that market.  All the signs point to Utopia doing the 3/4 day sailings. 

Who says it doesn't go to Galveston? 🙂

I don't buy into a 3/4 night debut for Utopia. Sorry. I have no evidence to prove my believe so time will tell.

2 minutes ago, NightOne said:

I don't buy into a 3/4 night debut for Utopia. Sorry. I have no evidence to prove my believe so time will tell.

Harmony is already scheduled for Galveston. 

As mentioned, almost everything points to Utopia heading to PC for the 3/4 night sailings.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NightOne said:

Do you really believe that they would add Utopia to Galveston along with Harmony and Mariner

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Harmony is already scheduled for Galveston. 

As mentioned, almost everything points to Utopia heading to PC for the 3/4 night sailings.  

Who says Galveston cannot have 2 Oasis class ships?

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Do you really believe that they would add Utopia to Galveston along with Harmony and Mariner

Yes. It could happen.

Galveston is the 4th largest U.S. cruise port and is growing. Royal has invested a lot of money down there.

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What about the possibility of flipping schedules between ships.  Put Utopia on 7 nights, and use a ship that was originally doing 7, to now move to the 3/4 night rotation.  

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NightOne said:

Yes. It could happen.

Galveston is the 4th largest U.S. cruise port and is growing. Royal has invested a lot of money down there.

And Port Canaveral is now #1. Allure is commanding high prices for her sailings starting later this year, so there is no reason for them to decrease capacity. 

Utopia makes the most sense, and is the only Oasis Class ship available to take her spot when Allure moves to Miami. It is abundantly clear Royal is trying to attract young families and those who haven’t cruised. Utopia will dominate that market.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rockmom said:

What about the possibility of flipping schedules between ships.  Put Utopia on 7 nights, and use a ship that was originally doing 7, to now move to the 3/4 night rotation.  

They just released the schedules for the other Oasis Class ships a few weeks back. Why would they go through the hassle of switching? They also purposely have Allure moving in July, an odd time for a homeport change unless it happens to line up with a new ship debut 🤔

• Like 3

On 3/5/2023 at 8:40 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Anthem, Utopia, Serenade WC segments, Jewel Aug 22 through November 2024 are all being waited on.  No firm release dates

I figured out today that Jewel hasn’t been released as I was looking for a B2B on her.  We know she’s doing a TA but when is the question. 

25 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I doubt that,  These new itineraries were just released, they knew Utopia was coming.  They would have just left an empty berth for her as they did the Icon if they were going that route

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1