Jim_Iain - Summit Live Post B3B Greenland / Iceland / Canada Aug 7, 19 and 31, 2022

Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

You both are such great gentlemen……I feel like I already know you from your great live postings!  Would love to meet you on a future cruise!  We may have actually been with you on one before, because I may remember your faces and a kilt! 
Have you ever tried Azamara?  We love both lines, but have been more recently staying with Azamara.  Just curious if you have tried it and what your impression was……

Thanks for all the posts because we had to cancel 9-11 on Summit due to a medical issue.  We would have been boarding tomorrow……..😢

If they act fast they may be able to preserve their current status!   

i too love traveling Azamara most recently, but both are favs.  

sorry to hear about the medical emergency, hoping everything works out well for those involved. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Right now our next cruise won't be until April 15.   Iain was wanting to book a TransAtlantic but I have eye surgery scheduled for October and have appointments scheduled starting Monday almost once a week for various pre and post operative  for the next 2 months.  

I did buy a couple of those Future Cruise Booking Certificates so will be shopping for something when we get home.  

Let me know if you need anything while recovering.

• Like 1

Safe travels home!  Sorry I missed you when you were in NYC,  I hope to meet you and reconnect with Iain somewhere along our travels in the future.  We are on Wind Surf in Jan and Wind Star in March, first cruises since 2019. Your great reporting has reminded us of the great times we will have aboard. Take care and hoping all goes well with your eye surgery. 
Cynde (former colleague of Iain’s). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Right now our next cruise won't be until April 15.   Iain was wanting to book a TransAtlantic but I have eye surgery scheduled for October and have appointments scheduled starting Monday almost once a week for various pre and post operative  for the next 2 months.  

I did buy a couple of those Future Cruise Booking Certificates so will be shopping for something when we get home.  

Thank you for taking us on your wonderful journey. 

Sincere best wishes for your operation. 

It is lovely to go travelling but it is always nice to get home too…

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I cannot express how much i enjoy your reports and food pictures lol.  Safe travels home and I will pray for your successful surgery and recovery.  Best to Iain. Till we meet again!

• Like 1

I would like to add my thanks to you Jim for taking us along with you and Iain on this wonderful trip.

Your pictures are spectacular! I just can't pick any favourites: all those sunsets at sea, all those landscapes with splashes of colours, all those pictures of the art works  and of the towns and cities, all the food and many many more. Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

Your reports (and @Ken), I'm sure, had many of us CC tapping our fingers waiting for the 2024 itinerary to come out!

Safe travel home to you and Iain and wishing you all the best for your surgery.

Ok, if I must, my favs are all those beautiful flowers 😊

Vien

• Like 1

Just wanted to add my thanks for taking us along on your journey.  Glad we got to say hello on the August 7 cruise. You make your travels so real with your pictures and narration. It's truly like being there. Safe travels to you and lain. Wishing you all the best with your upcoming surgery. I look forward to following along on your next adventure.

Mary Ann

• Like 1

Disembarkation was a breeze.  We left the ship at 8:15 when suite bags were ready.  

Did a quick comparison of Lyft and Uber

D9854C91-CF1C-4A96-BD90-82C3E7013806.thumb.png.ea7177ce4a7b85a9d605902b8579a8a2.png

CB114CD1-1767-41E5-95E1-367E6A13FE24.thumb.png.667236c9abc4d820c5e417b70c94549e.png

Lyft won hands down as I had a 50% off promotion 

we were at airport in 12 minutes and completed checkin by 8:30.  The airport is really quiet. 

4906C5E1-8259-422F-9FE4-539463390BAA.thumb.jpeg.2dd5d63c3b049b2f67e4aa1ed44f73fc.jpeg

FF825825-CDD7-4455-8CCB-77131F91DC4B.png

• Like 2

I would like to add my thanks for this trip report as well. It is always a pleasure following your travels. Thank you also for taking the time to answer all the questions. We will be doing the New England trip at the beginning of October. I appreciate the preview. Safe travels home and best wishes for your surgery. 

• Like 1

I also wanted to thank you for letting us tag along on your cruises.  Your pictures are spectacular and it’s impossible to pick a favourite.  We now have another destination for our bucket list.  Wishing you a speedy recovery from your surgery.

We got off Summit as you were getting on and it looks like the same will happen with Apex.  Still hoping to sail with you and Iain……

Have a safe trip home and thank you again!

• Like 1

Once again many thanks for taking the time out of your vacation to share all your experiences and pictures with us! It has been amazing and makes me even more excited to take this cruise in 2023!

Looking forward to meeting you and Iain April, 2024 on Solstice! And also to your next Live review!

Safe travels home and good thoughts for a successful surgery and speedy recovery!

Cheers! Lisa and Brent

Wishing you and Iain a safe trip home.  Thanks for such a wonderful distraction from the day’s challenges!  Thoroughly enjoyed every post and the photos.  Wishing your doctors the utmost skill and superhuman healing powers for you with your eye surgery.

I will add the final tally for the books list so everyone will have it until the next adventure.  Safe travels, all, on this sad 21st September 11 anniversary. And heartfelt condolences to our British and Commonwealth friends in the loss of the lovely and inspiring Queen.

Georges Simenon Series 
Gideon Oliver -Aaron  Elkins  series 
Louise Penny’s Gamache series.

Dorothy L. Sayers Lord Peter Wimsey series

Any books by Josephine Tey

Barbara Hambly - Benjamin January series, if you like historical mysteries!
JD Robb books and Robert B Parker
The Scarapetta series by Patricia Cornwel
MC Beaton book
Elizabeth George’s Inspector Lynley Series.  
Donna Leon’s Brunetti series. 
Any books by Tana French
Any books by P. D. James.  
Greg Isles, a writer from Natchez, MS.
Snowblind” by Ragnar Jonasson.  (Book 1 of 6 - DarkIceland)
Cork O’Connor series by William Kent Krueger.  Also non-series books.
Brad Thor
JK Rowling (author of Harry Potter series), writing under the name Robert Galbraith -- the Cormoran Strike series.

Andrea Camilleri -- the Inspector Montalbano series.

Helen Fields -- the Perfect series.

Karin Slaughter -- the Will Trent series, Grant Country Line series. 

Daniel Silva - Gabriel Allon series

James Crumley —should be read in order
Winston Graham—Poldark series
Janet Evanovich—Stephanie Plum series.  Fox and Hare series.
Anything by Tim Dorsey or Carl Hiassen 
Old Archie comic books and Mad Magazine. 🙂
Ian Rankin’s Rebus series

Peter Robinson’s DCI Banks series

Nevada Barr’s National Parks series

Anything by Anne Cleeves

Richard Jury series by Martha Grimes - current times

Thomas Pitt series by Anne Perry - Victorian era

(and if you are planning a trip to Egypt check out theAmelia Peabody series by Elizabeth Peters)

Armistead Maupin's Tales of the City.  4 books.
The Longmire books by Craig Johnson.  Also suggest the fantastic series on Netflix.
David McCullough 'Path Between the Seas' (Panama Canal), and The Great Bridge
Caroline Graham Inspector Barnaby series. 

John Sandford , the Prey series and the Virgil Flowers series

Any books by Harlan Coben

Khalid Hosseini, A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Kite Runner

Cupcake Brown, A Piece of Cake

Andy Weir, “not science fiction but science plausibility”

Danelle Harmon Series

Caleb Carr -  The Alienist.

Anthony Horowitz, Magpie Murders/Susan Ryeland Series.  Also Horowitz & Hawthorne series

Rex Stout, Nero Wolfe books, later written by Robert Goldsborough

Ruth Ware

Stuart Woods, Stone Barrington series.  #61 just published.

Tess Gerritson

Lisa Scottoline.

Michael Connelly Bosch books

Lee Child Reacher series

James Lee Burke Robicheaux

Patricia Cornell Scarpetta books, Andy Brazil series

Jonathan Kellerman Delaware books

Greg Iles

Jeffrey Deaver Lincoln Rhymes series

Nelson DeMille

John Grisham

Scott Turow

Pat Conroy...more family drama than mystery

The Outlander series

Brad Meltzer

Jonathan Maberry’s Joe Ledger series

The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo and Daisy Jones & The Six (same author)

I just finished American Dirt and loved it so much I bought two more of her books.  

Iris Johanse(EveDuncan series, and others).

Colin Dexter Inspector Morse series

David Baldacci—Amos Decker, Atlee Pine and John Puller series

JA Jance

Karen Rose

Carol Goodman, The Stranger Behind You, plus multiple other books.  Contemporary suspenseful fiction.

Chris Carter -  Robert Hunter Series -   I just started #5 One by One

Jefferson Bass -  Body Farm Series -       Based on the Body Farm at UT Knoxville.    

Joe R. Lansdale -  Hap and Leonard -  probably one of the most politically incorrect novel you will ever read - two Red Necks as they take justice into their own hands.   Keeps me in stitches.

Sara Parestky -  The V.I. Warhawski Series  -  I just started "indemnity Only(1982) and is #1 of 21

Sue Grafton—the Kinsey Milhone series

Ethan Cross—-the Ackerman thrillers

Ginny Rorby—Like Dust I Rise

Jacqueline Winspear—Maisie Dobbs series

Carlos Ruiz Zafón "The Shadow of the Wind", set in Barcelona, with a walking tour at the end of the book. Cemetery of Forgotten Books—4 Book series. 

Mark Kurlansky—Cod (good for a Canada/New England cruise)

John U. Bacon—The Great Halifax Explosion 

James Patterson—When the Wind Blows series

Ken Follett—Pillars of the Earth series, Century series, Eye of the Needle

Joanie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9