Live From the Summit, 8/7 to 8/31, from an Aqua passenger viewpoint

Ken the cruiser

On 8/27/2022 at 9:28 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

We talked this evening with CD Rich Gleason and he said there were about 860 crew members onboard, and they are a little short staffed in the beverage department. Unfortunately, with hiring being so competitive lately in the cruise business, it kind of makes sense. But from our experiences so far, we have only high praises for all that the crew members we have come in contact with have done for us these past 20+ days on the Summit! 😁

Also found out the ship got a lot of poor ratings from some of the passengers on the last leg, especially from those that decided to take a taxi to the airport rather than book a transfer with Celebrity. Remember those pictures we took on transition day?

F4C49050-78C4-4E3F-8C25-5723B4395705.jpeg.1ca8273d4c236128d9afd77a303fa2bf.jpeg

087DF34D-579D-414B-8BF0-8B5CD9193679.jpeg.778b52ac7406092e54b82bc231d0d555.jpeg

Thank you so much for your review of this unique itinerary. I loved that you covered the entertainment options onboard - few people do. You should try a land trip to Iceland, there are so many amazing views and landscapes, especially on the South coast. Safe trip home.

• Like 1

We have arrived in Boston under light showers which hopefully will come to an end by the time we start disembarking at 8 am! As I mentioned early, we’ve had a great time and would recommend this cruise, either or both legs, without hesitation! 😁

5759B516-CED0-40AA-BE53-8FAF2887CDFC.thumb.jpeg.62763a8147fab56f1d5d1d2e985bee63.jpeg

A8D2E441-A18E-455C-9E29-FFC2CF1240DF.thumb.jpeg.92f764c3c3b338b6c215689ba4cd5726.jpeg

BTW our next cruise will be in mid November on the NCL Jade where we will be cruising on our first leg from Athens to Dubai, that will include going through the Suez Canal and taking a cruise down the Nile. However, the second leg, if you can believe it, will be the highlight for us as we will be cruising down the east coast of Africa to Cape Town where we have 3 safaris booked. So you can just image how excited we are just envisioning all of the cool animals we’re going to see along the way!! 😁

So if you want to tag along on that thread, I’ll post a link to it on this thread once we start preparing for that adventure in mid November! Until then, stay safe and have a fun time on your next cruise!!

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 7

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Thanks for a great review of a unique itinerary. 

You have inspired me to go to more late night game shows, something we've not really done before 

We love them, but usually simply can't stay awake that late!  But definitely, they're tons of fun - the few that we've managed to see, anyway!  😜

• Like 1

@Ken the cruiserThanks for taking us along on your cruise! Great  information on this ship and these ports as well as he fun of traveling vicariously, I am now researching this cruise if it comes up for 2024.

I am looking forward to your November cruise and safari. It sounds so unique that I am willing to  migrate off the Celebrity board to read it!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Smmessineo said:

@Ken the cruiserThanks for taking us along on your cruise! Great  information on this ship and these ports as well as he fun of traveling vicariously, I am now researching this cruise if it comes up for 2024.

I am looking forward to your November cruise and safari. It sounds so unique that I am willing to  migrate off the Celebrity board to read it!

We’ve only sailed on one NCL cruise before which was a 7 day Caribbean cruise on the Getaway back in 2017. But when the DW saw this B2B NCL cruise on the “smaller” Jade when it first came out in late 2020, it just looked too awesome and checked off too many bucket list items to pass up! Hopefully, we’ll also have great experiences on the ship as well. 😁

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2

Just now, bama4cruisin said:

Thank you for the time you spent sharing your cruise(s) and photos with us.  Safe travels home.  If you’re headed this way today, the weather is spectacular!  The humidity is so low, there is no heat index to report😊

Thanks, and that is so great to hear! Our son had told us it’s been quite rainy for the past few weeks, so that’s great news!