Extra OBC

Vampiress88

5 hours ago, tring said:

I have just had an email from P&O (in the same format as posted above, saying up to £200 extra OBS for our 28 night, 11th November Caribbean cruise on Aurora (R217).  We have already paid the balance (last payment date was tomorrow to a well used agent who we had booked with).  I wonder how much we will get, we booked a deluxe Balcony for that one so could be a fair amount, but I assume not the £200, which will be for suites.

DH about to apply for his share benefit as well and we booked at launch price, which was very good.  Just looked at the current price for the same grade of cabin and it is more than twice what we paid, but it did sell out quite quickly at launch, so likely not much availability, unless a lot of people do not pay the balance of course.

5 hours ago, tring said:

We are on the same cruise. got the same email.

We have just booked a future cruise on Arvia In April whilst on board Ventura last week and for a standard balcony we got £480 each On Board spend.

• Like 1

Just thinking, although the email was for a November cruise on Aurora and some people report they got the same for October cruises, we have not had one for our October Azura cruise - perhaps this means P&O are not giving the extra OBS for Azura cruises.  

9 hours ago, Bazrat said:

We received £200 for our October TA, great if we had booked recently we would have got £800, with price increase for the cruise we are ever so slightly better off.

Interesting point. How many of us receiving the extra booked some time ago?  Could be a reaction to all those who mentioned how disgruntled they are with their high prices and seeing price drops and huge OBC offerings.

Personally doubt I'll see anything having had mine taken away in October.  I'd be amazed if Christmas cruises are allocated funds.

13 hours ago, tring said:

Just thinking, although the email was for a November cruise on Aurora and some people report they got the same for October cruises, we have not had one for our October Azura cruise - perhaps this means P&O are not giving the extra OBS for Azura cruises.  

Ours is for Azura in October 

• Thanks 1

Sadly we've not received and email(yet) for our October Cruise on Britannia, we booked early for a good choice of cabin and paid the premium for doing that.. luck of the draw I suppose although it would be very welcome...

27 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We have the email stating up to £200 for our Nov Arcadia cruise, this was received after we paid the balance earlier in the week. All donations gratefully accepted.

So the P and O IT system does work then?   When it suits them💰 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Interesting point. How many of us receiving the extra booked some time ago?  Could be a reaction to all those who mentioned how disgruntled they are with their high prices and seeing price drops and huge OBC offerings.

Personally doubt I'll see anything having had mine taken away in October.  I'd be amazed if Christmas cruises are allocated funds.

We booked very early on for G237 in November and chose the car parking over the obc,  so no obc at all.

My brother and his wife booked to come with us two weeks ago (their first cruise), at roughly the same price as us but with car parking and £450 obc! They've just informed us that they've also been given an extra £150!!!

Very pleased for them and anyone else in the same position. It would be nice if P&O could dig a bit deeper for their regulars, but still very glad to accept their offer. 

• Like 1

I have just received a return email with attached invoice showing my shares OBC which I applied for on Thursday after paying my balance plus an extra £100 each OBC, result as we are only in an inside cabin and expected much less. A great service from P&O in this instance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

I have just received a return email with attached invoice showing my shares OBC which I applied for on Thursday after paying my balance plus an extra £100 each OBC, result as we are only in an inside cabin and expected much less. A great service from P&O in this instance.

Always good to see positive comments on here, if you think about it it doesn't take much to keep people happy, just some little things can make all the difference 😃

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gsmt47471015 said:

Always good to see positive comments on here, if you think about it it doesn't take much to keep people happy, just some little things can make all the difference 😃

I am as critical as the next person when things are not right but happy to praise when things are done well.

• Like 4

On 8/5/2022 at 2:29 PM, Mollag said:

We got £150 extra for an inside If you read it it’s up to £xxx  per cabin not each passenger so you should be ok. Also the cruise was fully paid with FCC/compensation money so no need to bribe us

Us too.

On 8/5/2022 at 5:03 PM, Palaceman said:

Hi Peter. I'm also on Venrura late Oct but can't see anything on the system confirming the extra OBC. Are you able to point me in the right direction? Thank you

I was told that it is on P&Os system and that eventually we will get the amended confirmation. Even if we don’t, we will get the OBC on our account

My wife and I have just booked a 14 night cruise on Iona departing 26th November (Spain and Portugal) and as part of company-wife promotion running till the third week of August we've been given £780 OBC between the two of us. We are just in a standard balcony cabin and it was one option in the select fare options, (others were free parking or free bus trip I think), but even the saver fare was entitled to a substantial sum. l go a long way towards covering our drinks bill for the cruise so it's almost like an open bar for the first ten nights or so! Certainly no complaints from me 🙂

32 minutes ago, brynmelyndavid said:

My wife and I have just booked a 14 night cruise on Iona departing 26th November (Spain and Portugal) and as part of company-wife promotion running till the third week of August we've been given £780 OBC between the two of us. We are just in a standard balcony cabin and it was one option in the select fare options, (others were free parking or free bus trip I think), but even the saver fare was entitled to a substantial sum. l go a long way towards covering our drinks bill for the cruise so it's almost like an open bar for the first ten nights or so! Certainly no complaints from me 🙂

Hi, was this on the P&O site?  I have just done a dummy booking on a saver fare and wasn't offered any OBC (or peninsular club discount as it happens).

I usually book via a travel agent so am not used to operating the P&O site 😕

3 hours ago, Waju said:

Hi, was this on the P&O site?  I have just done a dummy booking on a saver fare and wasn't offered any OBC (or peninsular club discount as it happens).

My advice is always to not rely on an online booking but let a real living and breathing person do it for you. My choice is P&O direct, others choose agents. You have the flexibility of being able to talk to them and receive and take their advice and suggestions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Waju said:

it’s on the select fare. 
6A1AD92B-1CA9-4C9A-A98B-956112E31D9B.thumb.png.f472f0aef374ac7c1d4a43b45780a39e.png

this particular cruise was £3131 for the early saver and then £3656 for the select so the select still worked out better due to the obc plus whatever choose ie parking. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2022 at 1:14 PM, Bobblehat71 said:

I'm guessing the "up to" is what the * is for and likely to be for a suite. More likely £50 or less for balcony or inside.Its not to be sniffed at but It does look a bit desperate from P&O.

No might not be the full amount there quoting unless you buy the Top Cabin Grades but i've got 2 Cruises booked as a Solo Traveller next year and i've got £105  + Free Parking on both of them for a Inside Cabin. Don't know if i got any extra on the other cruise i've booked it's was that long ago i booked it and it isn't till late next year. Now you've made me think ' am i getting any extra on the 3rd one' have to go and check. :-)

We received £150 for a November suite booking on Iona.  Currently suites on the cruise are sold out so it appears to be a genuine reduction without a valid reason (such as a significant price reduction available on a booking made today)

I find that to be quite strange but gratefully received none the less.

On 8/10/2022 at 4:28 PM, Waju said:

Yes - it was widely advertised (I saw it on Facebook but also on TV) and I booked on the P&O website