How do I remove laundry tags?

phoenix1181

All I can say is.... Good Luck with that!

I've had some on my clothes that have been there for way too many years to count.  I think they are permanently cemented on there. I have just given up and let them be where they obviously want to live.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You can pick at them for an hour or so, then give up because you are at risk of tearing into the piece of clothing attached. Actually, thank goodness for the little stubborn NCL laundry tags. At about the fourth month in with Covid swirling around (pre-vaccines), I put on an outfit that I hadn't worn for a bit. It drove me crazy while pacing around in my home, the itching and scratching like crazy from the waistband. What the heck was going on? I was so pleased to find that little tag, I was able to have a flash back of great memories of our late 2019 cruise. I really needed that pick me up at that time. After enjoying those memories, I soaked the tag in Shout for a few minutes and off it came 😊.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

I continue to find those little tags for years.   They always make me smile.  

This ^

Just when I think we *must* have found them all and removed them (because yes, *some* of them can start some itching and scratching)... there's another one.

🙂

And some time later, yet another...

And sometimes, because of the specific clothing item, it brings back memories of a specific cruise.

So nice!

And even nicer during these Covid times.

GC

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ok this is funny because I've been a cruiser for many many years and we always have them do our laundry and I never knew they put these tags on the laundry until last year. I seen one of them peeling up and thought "what the heck is this and when did the stores start putting tags like this on clothes?" I started finding more and more of them and ask my husband about it and he's the one that broke the news to me about it coming from the cruise ship. I had no idea. LOL  I think I have officially removed all of them now. Mine peeled right off. 

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2022 at 2:46 AM, SakeDad said:

Some of us like to sleep in or enjoy quiet time on our balconies without hearing screams next to us every 5 minutes. Just saying. Will be very curious what the reviews say.

19 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

I kind of like seeing them when I'm doing the laundry at home.  A little cruising memento:)

Me too

Thanks for the suggestions offered.  I have been able to remove some, but not all.  I have a few pairs if capris that have the tags on the seam & I just l can't get them off!  with this information provided, I should be one of the suggestions should get it done!

Mitsugirly, I also was cruising for several years before I became aware they put the tags on.  Hubby did the laundry & could usually get them off bit missed one.  I found it when I was being scratched by it. Unfortunately, I've been less successful than he was.  I just don;t have the strenght in my hands to get them off the tough pieces.