The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday August 11th, 2022

richwmn

24 minutes ago, oakridger said:

@rafinmd I have been meaning to ask you if you had any current news about Sabine and what ship she is currently serving on?  I'd love to see her promoted to Captain!!

Thanks,

~Nancy

All I know is what I see from people who are on the Koningsdam.

Roy

• Like 7

Good evening!  We both checked our weather forecast for tonight and rain wasn’t expected until 1:00am so Craig got in the pool. About 5:45 what do I hear?  Thunder!  Knowing that he wears his iPods, I rushed out to tell him but the sky looked fine. Thinking maybe I heard our neighbor move his trash bin, I waited a minute and it happened again, so out of the pool Mr Craig!  Tucson is in a valley with 4 mountain ranges surrounding so sometimes the lightening and thunder happens quickly. 

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sharon, I wouldn't be able to look up the port of the day fast if DH hadn't suggested I keep track of them with a spreadsheet.  It was about the second week after Rich started posting them.  He and I set it up (very easy because little information is needed).  I have the date, the port name, then I have a column for the year or years I was there on a cruise, and a final column listing the ships we took there.  To search I click HOME at the top left of the spreadsheet, then Find and Select at the top right.  Simple to search.  DH taught me how to search too otherwise I would have to look through about 530 lines to find when we last had that port each morning.  🤪  We started this on Monday, March 1, 2021.

Thank you for your explanation Sandi!  You have a great system. So, second question, if the port was on a previous Daily do you search CC for that date and just cut and paste?  If so, how do you search on CC for that particular date?

5 hours ago, richwmn said:

my email has not changed it is my name here at gmail dot com. please try again and let me know if you have a problem again. It should not matter that you changed cabins.

I just emailed you. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 7

29 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Thank you for your explanation Sandi!  You have a great system. So, second question, if the port was on a previous Daily do you search CC for that date and just cut and paste?  If so, how do you search on CC for that particular date?

What I do is if Sandi posts the date, I go to my profile and click on see my activity. From there I go back in the pages (initially guessing how far back to go) to find that date among my past posts. Then I highlight the pictures and any text, right click to copy, and paste in my current post.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

What I do is if Sandi posts the date, I go to my profile and click on see my activity. From there I go back in the pages (initially guessing how far back to go) to find that date among my past posts. Then I highlight the pictures and any text, right click to copy, and paste in my current post.

Vanessa, I originally looked at my activity, but guessing the correct page was trial and error and could be time consuming.  I started using the search feature.  I go to search, click on this forum and all my words, then I type in the port name.  Then, I scroll down to the correct date.  I either find my post or another, and open the Daily.  Then, it's easy to find my pictures, and cut and paste.  Like other features on CC, the search doesn't work correctly, but I usually can find what I want.

Lenda

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

18 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Vanessa, I originally looked at my activity, but guessing the correct page was trial and error and could be time consuming.  I started using the search feature.  I go to search, click on this forum and all my words, then I type in the port name.  Then, I scroll down to the correct date.  I either find my post or another, and open the Daily.  Then, it's easy to find my pictures, and cut and paste.  Like other features on CC, the search doesn't work correctly, but I usually can find what I want.

Lenda

Thank you both so much!  Hopefully Sandi will see this and tell us how she searches. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I spoke with the young lady at hotel.  They received the info and added the reservation to their system, then emailed me the confirmation.  Price is outstanding and the hotel is very nice, we've stayed there before.  So I'm happy.  I will keep the other hotel as a back up in case of emergencies.

Thanks Terri for your suggestion.  I did see that one, but this price is even better than theirs and the hotel is within 1/2 mile of the port.  I've gotten several suggestions on places to stay, and websites to check, so have it all stored for future use.  Sometimes one place works, and then doesn't the next time so I'm glad to have options.

Great to hear. Help is some of the best of CC.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon, after an unplanned hectic morning.  Just as I was finishing my last post, we got a call from the hospital in Cleburne where DH's MRI was scheduled for next Monday afternoon.  They had a last minute cancellation at 11:15 this morning, and could we make it.  We had less than an hour to get there, and DH was still in bed, but we made the appointment.  

DH said they did one MRI without contrast that took about 15 minutes.  They then injected the contrast and did a repeat MRI.  He said they used the newest MRI that was a Tesla 3, and added that it was noisy.  We have a copy of the MRI to take to his next appointment at UT Southwestern, and the report will be sent to the PA in Dallas.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, that must have been a sight watching the trucks back at mile or more down the street to the bridge.

@aliaschief  Bruce, I have enjoyed touring Scotland with you these past weeks.  Have a safe flight to Amsterdam. and a great cruise on Rotterdam.

@cunnorl  Charlene, I hope you get the flight straightened out.  Is there a possibility you could get to Union Station in LA and take a train to San Diego?  I don't know if that would be too difficult with your DD.  We rented a car in San Pedro to drive to San Diego several years ago.  The rental agent said locals could make it in 1 1/2 hours, but we should allow 2 1/2 hours.  Five hours later, we arrived in San Diego.  Of course, it was the first good Saturday in spring, and everyone was headed to the beach.

@grapau27  Graham, are  you by chance on a moving location that Pauline does not want you to mention? 🛳️

Lenda

We are not on a ship Lenda.

We were in the English Lake District.

Graham 

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Thank you both so much!  Hopefully Sandi will see this and tell us how she searches. 

I do what Vanessa @JazzyV does, searching my activity, or you can click on Rich's screen name and search his activity.  There are many pages so you just start from page 1 of activity then you click on the the furthest back page it shows, usually page 6, then click on the furthest back page again that it shows, looking at the dates as you go.  You can do that pretty quickly.  I don't search for the post like Lenda does.  I'm not a good searcher.  By the way you may find Rich's activity faster to look through than your own and find the date.  I do.  Your activity might be easier to look for the date but you will quickly figure that out.  Also, I open a new tab to CC to do the searching instead of the current tab I'm on.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I do what Vanessa @JazzyV does, searching my activity, or you can click on Rich's screen name and search his activity.  There are many pages so you just start from page 1 of activity then you click on the the furthest back page it shows, usually page 6, then click on the furthest back page again that it shows, looking at the dates as you go.  You can do that pretty quickly.  I don't search for the post like Lenda does.  I'm not a good searcher.  By the way you may find Rich's activity faster to look through than your own and find the date.  I do.  Your activity might be easier to look for the date but you will quickly figure that out.  Also, I open a new tab to CC to do the searching instead of the current tab I'm on.

Sandi, thank you so much!  I like the tip to search under Rich’s screen name and to open it in a separate tab. I’ll let you know how I get along. 

• Like 1