The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday August 14th, 2022

richwmn

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

Being in western Canada I really appreciate those who combine their posts as it makes it much easier to read.   I always think about @erewhon who comes at the very end of the day, and how unwieldy it can become, so a special thanks to all those who make the extra effort. 

1+

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Today we have delivered Meals on Wheels to homebound folk,  the meals were delivered promptly to the pick up site, we were the first to pick up the containers and head out to make the deliveries. 

@ger_77 sorry that you have tested positive for the covid, hope that you recover quickly.

Have visited Venice, but not by ship,  viewing the photos brings back good memories.

@aliaschief. thank you for the photo of the beautiful Volendam. 

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 14

Good evening.

i started early today but had numerous problems with CC today.  First I tried to post photos of Venice.  After going through all my photos, they disappeared.

Tried again, then it said they couldn’t load.   Ugh!!!!

Finally i got a few to post.  Not exactly the ones I wanted to post.

So that’s all I could post.

Nice collection of days.  I am financially aware of our funds.  Respect the Navajo Code Talkers and have never played Wiffle ball.

Like the quote.

Venice is one of the cities where I could keep on returning.  The first time I was there wads in 1984 with my Mom on a 2 week land tour of Italy.  

I have stopped there on a cruise a few times and stayed there prior to and after cruises as well.  Just can’t get enough of Venice.  As a matter of fact, I told Jim today that I wanted to go back.  He said we have too many cruises booked and talk to him about it at another time😢.

We will skip the meal and wine and the drink.

Thank you Roy for the lists and prayers for those who have Covid. We just can’t seem to get past this thing.  An yet, the CDC is telling us to get on with our lives.  Not rally a fan of that.

Prayers for all that need them and Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 16

@ger_77Sad to hear you both have Covid. Take it easy and feel better soon.

Loved all the pictures of Venice.  Visited there twice. First visit we spent 4 days there before a cruise. Unfortunately 2 of them were spent trying to get DH's luggage, after it didn't arrive with him.  We were able to watch an amazing fireworks display, the Festival of the Redeemer, celebrating the end of a plague in 1577.  45 minutes! Festival occurs in the middle of July.

The second time we spent a week there before moving on to Florence, and then cruising from Civitavecchia As it was November it was a bit quieter.  What an amazing city. 

• Like 13

7 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good evening friends!  Wow, it takes a long time to read the Daily when you arrive later in the day!  I know many of you have said that before but we should all try it sometime just to appreciate all the posts that are contributed each day.  

We left super early this morning from Cincy because DH  was awake 90 minutes early waiting for the alarm to go off.  So we got up and left at 4:30 a.m.  Tip-toed out is more like it.  I didn't want to wake anyone especially Sadie.  She'd have thought it was time to play.  The drive wasn't hard at all since it was Sunday, except for the usual high traffic volume here in Georgia.  Where is everyone going?  Half of them probably to Florida!  No rainfall on us and we were walking in our door at a little after 1 p.m.  Completely unpacked and put away things, did two loads of laundry and in between sneaking peeks here on the Daily.  So thanks to Rich @richwmnfor posting it, to Roy @rafinmdfor our Lists, and the food and beverage department for their help.  Loving all the photos of Venice!  @bennybearthe artwork photos taken in Venice were special as well.  Thanks to everyone!  I love Venice and have enjoyed our 4 visits there.  Who knows if we can ever go back again?  I'd love to share my photos again and will shortly.  

Prayers for all the people on our Care list today.  So many!  I see we have to add Gerry @ger_77because Covid snuck up on her last night!  The term hit by a truck is what our DSIL said when he got it, only he was more specific.  Hit by a Mack truck, which would be pretty bad!!!  Get well soon Gerry!  Graham @grapau27thanks again for Father's sermon today.  Bruce @aliaschiefhope the cruise is divine!  Sounds like it already and it's only the first day!  Linda @lindalergood luck getting all your projects/business done before you leave on that cruise.  Make a list and cross things off.  That seems to motivate me to get moving.  Susan @durangoscotssorry to hear about the bank accounts mess!  Hope they get it straightened out soon.  Denise @CrabbyPattiwow, I hate to hear about any of us falling.  Seems to happen to most of us these days.  I remember my big fall last November when I dented the wall with my hard head.  Glad you weren't too badly hurt.  And @SusieKIslandGirlI loved reading the poem from your friend's funeral program.  I'm going to keep it because it's an important reminder to us all about how short life is and what's important.  Thank you so much!

On to Venice!  I love visiting Venice and have been there about 4 times.  I'm sure there will be plenty of photos of that beautiful city.  This is a photo my brother said I should have made into a poster size print.  enhance

enhance

I checked for photos from our last time in Venice, Pacific Princess transatlantic, Nov. 24, 2018.  A few different shots.  I notice the best pictures seem to be from the IPhone rather than the camera.  enhance

I stuck my head into this open doorway into a shop. enhance

enhance

enhance

Another gondola picture but this time the color of the water and the clouds bring some interest to the subject.enhance

The bridge of sighsenhance

Remember it's November so it gets dark earlier that time of year.  Pacific Princess sailing down the canal leaving Venice about dinner time.enhance

My favorite spot to buy pizza in Venice.  Then the gelato place is 20 steps away after eating the pizza.enhance

it's called Antico Forno enhance

The gelato enhance

enhance

My favorite is mint chocolate chip!

Excellent photos of Venice Sandi.

It is a lot cooler 60°F and misty this morning at 06.20am.

I have a knee appointment at a muscular skeletal clinic in a couple of hours.

Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, dfish said:

Your aft veranda looks a lot like ours did.  We were on deck 8 and loved it.   Wi-Fi was really hit or miss on our cruise, mostly miss.  The claim was that the fjords interfered, but they did so in a weird manner.  When we sailed into Eidfjord the first time we had Wi-Fi all the way in and for a couple of hours while in port.  Then, all of a sudden, someone flipped the switch and it all went out including Navigator.   A similar situation in Flam.  We had Wi-Fi sailing in, but not sailing out.  Then the Wi-Fi went down and stayed down for a day.  Crew was more agitated with that one than any of us because it made it difficult to do their work.  The curious part was how often Navigator went down.  Since that is intranet and not internet it shouldn't rely on the satellites unless it is a really cheap system using a cloud base.  

When I did the Midnight Sun cruise in 2017 I was able to get Wi-Fi the whole time.  It never went down for me.  In 2019 I was able to conduct a Zoom meeting off the coast of Greenland.  I think the Wi-Fi system was changed.  Last year in Alaska all the web sites came up on Spanish and it wouldn't allow me to send email or access some web sites.  I admit they were questionable like the Ohio Department of Health.   My thoughts is HAL should be ashamed of charging people for this service since they cannot deliver on it.

Debbie, First morning out and still have very good WiFi. Hope it continues. We are in 8197 so maybe same cabin you had. Little smaller inside but love our deck and views. A little motion this morning.

Great dinner at Rudy’s last night. 

• Like 11

6 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Debbie, First morning out and still have very good WiFi. Hope it continues. We are in 8197 so maybe same cabin you had. Little smaller inside but love our deck and views. A little motion this morning.

Great dinner at Rudy’s last night. 

8197 is the same cabin!  Enjoy it.  We sure did.  We heard no  noise from the aft deck during the night.  Some chair scraping during the day, but nothing bothersome.  The size of the deck makes up for the room being a little smaller.   

The internet starts to malfunction when you come into a port.

• Like 5