New testing guidelines

rvlandandsea

I did not know it was three days. So if we sail on the 15th I can test on the12th and leave on the 13th or must I test on the 13th and then fly out?  Wish I was more confident in doing online testing but I always go to CVS minute clinic which now charges me(although my insurance pays it) over $400+.

15 minutes ago, dazey said:

I did not know it was three days. So if we sail on the 15th I can test on the12th and leave on the 13th or must I test on the 13th and then fly out?  Wish I was more confident in doing online testing but I always go to CVS minute clinic which now charges me(although my insurance pays it) over $400+.

You can test on the 12th. 

Testing Requirements

Vaccinated Guests

For all sailings 5 nights or less, no testing is required.

For all sailings 6 nights or longer, vaccinated guests must present a digital or physical copy of a supervised and negative COVID-19 test result from a test taken within 3 days prior to sailing. Antibody tests are not accepted.

On 8/16/2022 at 3:29 PM, Concretemanstan said:

UK celebrity site also showing no testing for cruises 9 nights or less from US ports.  I expect that RCI will follow very soon.  A bit like Carnival followed P&O and Cunard on the same day

From Los Angeles too?  We are taking a 7 night Solstice Mexican Riviera cruise on Sept 24.   We are flying in to LAX on Thursday so we can take the COVID test on Friday.   We are fully vaccinated.  Hopefully, we will have a negative result and not waste money on airfare and hotel, if we can't board.    

We wanted to take a Tahiti cruise, but we were unwilling to take on the financial risk.

Why would Celebrity have different testing requirements for Americans than Europeans boarding the same ship at the same time?   

EDIT:  I just checked Celebrity UK site.   The testing requirements are the same for everyone cruising from LA and all American ports.

Testing Requirements

Vaccinated Guests

For all sailings 6 nights or longer, vaccinated guests must present a digital or physical copy of a supervised and negative COVID-19 test result from a test taken within 3 days prior to sailing. Antibody tests are not accepted.

Edited by AnnaNicole

Just now, Concretemanstan said:

Screenshot_20220817-203922.thumb.png.8c0cb9db301f0f363df623a2860d7199.png

Is this on the US site? I know this is what is showing on the Canadian site they keep saying you have to go the home ports guidelines to determine what is accurate but it still seems very confusing

33 minutes ago, Concretemanstan said:

Screenshot_20220817-203922.thumb.png.8c0cb9db301f0f363df623a2860d7199.png

So weird.   I just found both links on the same site.   If I click the link to Los Angeles cruises I get the same as the American info.   If I click Health and safety I get the same guidelines you posted.    Both on celebrity.com/gb.   Quite the contradiction.   I hope they change it for Americans too. 

Edited by AnnaNicole
  • Like 1

Why don't they just join every other cruise line except MSC and eliminate  Testing for vaxxed passengers and allow everyone else on with a test. Easy peasy. Carnival is going nuts with new bookings since they did that. Roya group, for some unknown reason, is dragging it's a**.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, AnnaNicole said:

So weird.   I just found both links on the same site.   If I click the link to Los Angeles cruises I get the same as the American info.   If I click Health and safety I get the same guidelines you posted.    Both on celebrity.com/gb.   Quite the contradiction.   I hope they change it for Americans too. 

Yes I’m sure they will.  The rules are the same regardless of where you’re coming from.  It’s the country you embark your cruise from (and the port stops) that dictate things.  So all the Celebrity websites should be aligned (US, Canada, GB, etc).  

• Like 1

It appears that Celebrity which is lagging behind most of the other cruise lines in regards to testing, cannot make up their minds in regards to testing and what type of testing is needed.

Hope they come up with a clear message soon. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eroller said:

Yes I’m sure they will.  The rules are the same regardless of where you’re coming from.  It’s the country you embark your cruise from (and the port stops) that dictate things.  So all the Celebrity websites should be aligned (US, Canada, GB, etc).  

To have these testing differences on different sites for the same cruises  makes the Celebrity Executives look incompetent and idiots.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Virginia100 said:

To have these testing differences on different sites for the same cruises  makes the Celebrity Executives look incompetent and idiots.  

Here, here!   

So incompetent given the financial stake of its customers.  Flights.  Hotels.  Etc *sigh*

You show up at the cruise terminal with an expectation that may or may not be correct.   UGH

Edited by AnnaNicole
  • Like 2

Give them time. They took the first step ahead of Carnival by dropping testing for 6 days or less, then Carnival upped them by dropping it altogether for vaccinated, so they'll be next to follow Carnival in order to stay competitive. That's especially true since Princess and HAL dropped testing for most cruises, so Celebrity will have to follow that, but it's terribly confusing, especially since Celebrity complicated everything unnecessarily to saying LA is somehow safer than Florida and thus doesn't require vaccination. Fortunately, with Alaska season winding down and Caribbean hurricane season about to start, they should hopefully figure it out soon, especially since I have 5 Celebrity cruises booked from Oct-Apr and am really sick of emed online testing. 

13 hours ago, AnnaNicole said:

From Los Angeles too?  We are taking a 7 night Solstice Mexican Riviera cruise on Sept 24.   We are flying in to LAX on Thursday so we can take the COVID test on Friday.   We are fully vaccinated.  Hopefully, we will have a negative result and not waste money on airfare and hotel, if we can't board.    

We wanted to take a Tahiti cruise, but we were unwilling to take on the financial risk.

Why would Celebrity have different testing requirements for Americans than Europeans boarding the same ship at the same time?   

EDIT:  I just checked Celebrity UK site.   The testing requirements are the same for everyone cruising from LA and all American ports.

Testing Requirements

Vaccinated Guests

I am on 10/15 and 10/22 on Solstice. I think the changes shown on UK/Canada sites will surely be coming soon, but even if they don't or change again, why don't you use the eMed or another proctored test from home before traveling to LA (and whatever exposure in route, although not so sure how soon that would show up)? So easy to do on webcam, and then you are not flying and testing positive after wasting time in LA getting a test. It used to be two days in advance but now is three. And that's GMT - so essentially you could do it late Tuesday night from the comfort of your home, pack on Wednesday, and leave Thursday clear and good to go with nothing to worry about, enjoying your Friday in LA. I'm reacting to the "[w]e are flying in to LAX on Thursday so we can take the COVID test on Friday" part. [Of course, hopefully all of this is unnecessary and clarified soon.]