Equinox Celebrity Suite update?

mailmama

I have looked at several videos of the CS class rooms. All of them vary as to balcony space, lounge chairs and color scheme. Can anyone tell me what room 1618 might actually look like? We'd love to have a table/chairs plus 2 loungers on balcony. Videos show some with table/chairs only. Videos range from 1 to 2 years ago!

We were on the Equinox, cabin 1615, earlier this month. We had two loungers, one with a removable pad, a reclining chair and ottoman, a table and three chairs. If you would like some different balcony furniture, pass that information on to your retreat host.

1618 had three loungers, two chairs and a table back in October.  Could have added three more loungers.  This was one of the angled balconies.  The sectional sofa could have slept three.  Downside of this balcony is there are no lights on it - you either need a flashlight or open the curtains to read out there at night.  Camera is up in the corner of the second picture that lets the bridge watch the side of the ship.

Two invites to watch sailaway on the helipad.

DSCN2494.JPG

DSCN2493.JPG

DSCN2488.JPG

• Like 2

Thank you all so much for the info. I think some videos just contained stock photos as they were mostly advertising videos. LeeW, thanks for the photos! All of replies have made us so excited to sail this cruise that was supposed to happen in 2019!

16 hours ago, mailmama said:

Thank you all so much for the info. I think some videos just contained stock photos as they were mostly advertising videos. LeeW, thanks for the photos! All of replies have made us so excited to sail this cruise that was supposed to happen in 2019!

1618 is a WONDERFUL CS.  You have one of the largest balconies on the ship and being on the back side of the hump you will be protected from any bad weather.  We've had this room several times on Equinox, Silhouette, Eclipse I suspect you will love it!!  Enjoy.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LeeW said:

1618 had three loungers, two chairs and a table back in October.  Could have added three more loungers.  This was one of the angled balconies.  The sectional sofa could have slept three.  Downside of this balcony is there are no lights on it - you either need a flashlight or open the curtains to read out there at night.  Camera is up in the corner of the second picture that lets the bridge watch the side of the ship.

Two invites to watch sailaway on the helipad.

We will be on Equinox in December. I have heard that Equinox has been "slightly" revolutionized in that the old Michael's Club has been turned into the more modern retreat and that a retreat sun deck has been added, but otherwise the ship has not been refurbished in terms of the cabins or other public areas. Is this true? We will be in a Royal Suite and are quite excited about the cruise regardless.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, edgee said:

We will be on Equinox in December. I have heard that Equinox has been "slightly" revolutionized in that the old Michael's Club has been turned into the more modern retreat and that a retreat sun deck has been added, but otherwise the ship has not been refurbished in terms of the cabins or other public areas. Is this true? We will be in a Royal Suite and are quite excited about the cruise regardless.

I don't know if the RS on Equinox was updated or not, but regardless, you will love it.  Such a wonderful suite.  Have a great cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edgee said:

Love perks that come with royal suite and above, free specialty restaurants, liquor setup of your choice, etc.

2 minutes ago, George C said:

Love perks that come with royal suite and above, free specialty restaurants, liquor setup of your choice, etc.

Yes, we just did RS on Eclipse in AK. Loved it...wonderful crew,  but oh my the ship needs work. 

Edited by edgee
typo

10 hours ago, edgee said:

We were in a RS on Equinox in April.  Showed some wear but still beautiful.  The new Retreat where Michaels Club was is beautiful!  What a difference!  Light and airy and inviting.  Dramatic improvement over dark, dismal Michaels Club.  The Retreat Deck is very windy and not a lot of shade.  We just moved around a bit.  Chairs are comfy.  There is no bar up there but personnel is always going around asking what you want to drink.  They also have a lunch menu and will bring the food to you.  They also come by with little surprises - cool towels, fruit, sorbet.  
Enjoy!    We will be on Equinox in October!  

Edited by bjahil47
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

I recently sailed in 1110. The balcony is extra large. There is no difference in room size. For the price of the Celebrity Suite they should be ashamed of the furniture i.e. sofa, etc. I would not even stay in a hotel that had a sofa that was that beat up. The carpet also had a few rips and wallpaper was in tough shape.                                                                                                                                                                            I am a 30+ year Celebrity customer/Elite+ but very disappointed in the room and the price that they charged. I expected more from them. They better do a refurb if they expect to get next years inflated prices.

The rest of the ship is fine.

8 minutes ago, morfred said:

I recently sailed in 1110. The balcony is extra large. There is no difference in room size. For the price of the Celebrity Suite they should be ashamed of the furniture i.e. sofa, etc. I would not even stay in a hotel that had a sofa that was that beat up. The carpet also had a few rips and wallpaper was in tough shape.                                                                                                                                                                            I am a 30+ year Celebrity customer/Elite+ but very disappointed in the room and the price that they charged. I expected more from them. They better do a refurb if they expect to get next years inflated prices.

Thanks for answering… is the shape of the cabin the same as the photos? Or is there a difference because of the slant?
Which would you book?

sheila

The shape of the cabin is the same as all other Celebrity Suites. There is no difference. The angled balconies are 50% bigger (and much more desireable to me anyway). My next door neighbor (Celebrity Suite) definately had "Deck Envy" when he saw ours.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, morfred said:

I would be disappointed if I found torn carpet and beat up furniture also.  
We just got off the Solstice in CS 1618 and the carpet and furnishings were all in excellent condition.  We enjoy the L shaped sofa, great place to curl up and read or take a nap.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, morfred said:

Was this on Equinox?  I thought it had been renovated prior to Covid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Was this on Equinox?  I thought it had been renovated prior to Covid.

This was on the Equinox. I am not sure how much refurb/renovating was done but the main areas of the ship looked fine. 

• Like 1

We recently booked 1615, the same cabin but on the port sode, on the Silhouette.   The price was crazy.  It was less than a Sky Suite.  

We would normally book a SS but couldn’t pass this up.  $702 pp for a 4 day cruise plus around $500 OBC we booked many B2B.  I don’t care if it is the same ports.   I cruise for cruising and to enjoy the ship.  

We try to avoid the sun and like the large overhang.   Is the balcony for the most part in the shade.   I know it depends on the time of day and the way the ship is sailing.   We spend a lot of time on the balcony.   It is nice for a coffee In the morning and enjoying the sea while relaxing on the loungers in the afternoon reading or napping while sipping on a bourbon that we got before going to the cabin and depending on the butler they may deliver.  

Thanks

Happy cruising 🚢🇺🇸🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1

We recently got back from the Equinox cabin 1618 and it was a great trip. Cabin is just as those posted. Not up to date but certainly in great shape. The balcony was fantastic. We ended up eating breakfast out there nearly every morning. It was delivered exactly at the time we requested and it arrived hot! We are now spoiled with the larger room. For us, we don't think we'd go up to a higher price RS because the food in Luminae/Main dining room menu was more than enough and tasty. The thought of unlimited specialty dining is just too much/rich food! We didn't take advantage of all the suite benefits because we just loved spending time out on the CS balcony!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mailmama said:

We recently got back from the Equinox cabin 1618 and it was a great trip. Cabin is just as those posted. Not up to date but certainly in great shape. The balcony was fantastic. We ended up eating breakfast out there nearly every morning. It was delivered exactly at the time we requested and it arrived hot! We are now spoiled with the larger room. For us, we don't think we'd go up to a higher price RS because the food in Luminae/Main dining room menu was more than enough and tasty. The thought of unlimited specialty dining is just too much/rich food! We didn't take advantage of all the suite benefits because we just loved spending time out on the CS balcony!!

1618 our favorite room on all Celebrity ships....... 

• Like 1