No testing for the vaccinated on cruises under 10 days!

ileys

From the Royal website:

Starting with September 5th, for U.S. cruises that don’t visit Canada or Bermuda:

• Vaccinated guests won’t have to take a pre-cruise test on cruises that are shorter than 10 nights.
  • Unvaccinated guests age 5 and up will need to test within 3 days before boarding, regardless of cruise length.
  • We will begin accepting results from self-administered home tests. See full testing details
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 3

tough to keep up.... But this is welcomed news!! 

Q - I have a grandchild who is currently 4, but turning 5 before the cruise who is not yet vaxxed. Everyone else is... he'll need a neg test, or get his vax's complete - correct?   6 night cruise. 

Just now, smokeybandit said:

And you can now use at-home tests without proctoring.

That's a curious one ..... are you supposed to take a picture of your test result with your phone??? I don't think they want you bringing the physical test strip with you. Or maybe they do ...... 🤔

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

That's a curious one ..... are you supposed to take a picture of your test result with your phone??? I don't think they want you bringing the physical test strip with you. Or maybe they do ...... 🤔

Agreed this is odd. Sailing Sep 18 which includes stops in Canada so need to test. Have appointment setup with OnPoint on the 16th. I guess I can cancel that now and get a refund. How you present proof of the test should be interesting. I'll stay tuned.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

Yes, curious. Wondering about how you show proof of a negative result. 

• Like 1

So according to the healthy sail centre:

Unvaxxed (including minor kids) need a test within 3 days that's negative.
That test can either be brought to the port as proof OR you can take a picture of the rapid test showing negative?

I'm not gonna lie........ I'd be surprised if anyone lugs the actual test around with them.... yuck! 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, georgemoe said:

Agreed this is odd. Sailing Sep 18 which includes stops in Canada so need to test. Have appointment setup with OnPoint on the 16th. I guess I can cancel that now and get a refund. How you present proof of the test should be interesting. I'll stay tuned.

From the RCI site pertaining to my situation. We still need a supervised negative test result.

RCI Testing Protocol Aug 22 2022.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, georgemoe said:

I wouldn't cancel the proctored tests. Canada still requires covid testing along with  ArriveCAN.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Taking a picture with your phone is what we do for work if we are positive.

I don’t understand how this works as proof, if I test positive I can just take a picture of someone’s negative test, if I can’t cruise for any reason I can just take a picture of a positive test even if I’m negative. With all of the talk about fake vaccine cards I do not trust folks to do the right thing.

• Like 7