Well have you booked ?

Bin man

6 hours ago, Bin man said:

Only 1 hrs 26 mins left to book on present offers .I wonder what the next will be ?

Drumroll .... the select prices appear to have risen by £200 on most cruises and we have reverted to £60 obc!!

Lovely offer of  £100 off selected 2023/4 Britannia cruises until 5 September.

Yes you always wonder if you did the right thing .We booked Iona 14 nights October 22 and is still the same price but the £660 obc has now gone .We did the same cruise time and date as last year and taking off the £660 obc was about £200 cheaper then we paid last year so not to bad . We wanted to do this cruise again as it was one of the early cruises after the restarted so are hoping to enjoy more this time around .

All mine have gone up. £200 on October one, £300 on December one and £400 on December next year.  Obc is standard now at £60 on all of them.  

Pretty sure another offer on the horizon as current Britannia one runs out 5/9 and new testing/vaccination starts then too.   I did notice £50 had come off the October saver fare though.

36 minutes ago, Bin man said:

I think our cruise is still under booked at the moment

even with Gary Barlow onboard .

I'm on that one.  I noticed nearly every aft cabin on all decks except 12 are currently available.  Was beginning to think they weren't in use but realise now that savers are only offering forward and mid forward/mid aft cabins.  My guess is they'll mainly go to deck 8 until the last minute.  

As I want to see Mr Barlow if possible I'm happy if she's not full up as it gives me more chance in the raffle!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, showingdiva said:

Nope.   Am finalising plans to bounce my Iona one into the future, as late yesterday afternoon, MSC announced Virtuosa is staying in the UK for the 2022/3 winter season and all through the 2023 summer one.

The deals on MSC are amazingly good at the moment

• Like 1

Re glitch in booking it happens. Not sure what causes issue.
several times have had to phone p and o re cabin I want- I know it’s available re other sites.

have usually been lucky getting through.

1 hour ago, J110 said:

Re glitch in booking it happens. Not sure what causes issue.
several times have had to phone p and o re cabin I want- I know it’s available re other sites.

have usually been lucky getting through.

That's why I use a travel agent.  Always get the cabins we want.  No hassle.

We currently only have 2 cruises booked,  both on Princess.  We have been looking for more for next year but at the moment it is looking less and less likely that we will do more than 1 next year because we are restricted by not being able to fly and other than the 1 already booked for next summer everything seems to be cruises that we have already done several times with no new ports for us.

We are only looking at Princess, Cunard and Celebrity at the moment but maybe we need to start looking at other lines.

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We currently only have 2 cruises booked,  both on Princess.  We have been looking for more for next year but at the moment it is looking less and less likely that we will do more than 1 next year because we are restricted by not being able to fly and other than the 1 already booked for next summer everything seems to be cruises that we have already done several times with no new ports for us.

We are only looking at Princess, Cunard and Celebrity at the moment but maybe we need to start looking at other lines.

I noticed a cruise round Ireland next may with NCL. Not read much about that particular cruise company but will investigate as there are several new ports for us e.g Waterford, Dingle and Killybegs

27 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I noticed a cruise round Ireland next may with NCL. Not read much about that particular cruise company but will investigate as there are several new ports for us e.g Waterford, Dingle and Killybegs

I have just had a look at the NCL site and unfortunately for us none of the round trips from Southampton next year are visiting any ports that we have not a!ready visited.  I think that our problem is that we have to have a round trip from somewhere in the UK because of OH's health problems meaning that he can't fly. 

We have done the round Britain cruise  with P&O and with Princess and would recommend it to anyone thinking of doing it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have just had a look at the NCL site and unfortunately for us none of the round trips from Southampton next year are visiting any ports that we have not a!ready visited.  I think that our problem is that we have to have a round trip from somewhere in the UK because of OH's health problems meaning that he can't fly. 

We have done the round Britain cruise  with P&O and with Princess and would recommend it to anyone thinking of doing it. 

We have previously done a round Britain cruise with Princess which we enjoyed and have visited a few ports in Ireland but it is the NCL cruise in may that visits a few new ports for us(Waterford Dingle and Killybegs) that we are interested in. We are also interested in a Fred Olsen cruise which visits the Balkans in September so am just watching the prices

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Have you looked at any Saga cruises? 

Yes, but we  don't know if we want to spend approx £8000 for 2 weeks cruising to ports we have already been to on other cruises or holidays.  Our real problem is that OH can't fly so if we only go for 2 weeks we are stuck with Round Britain, Scandinavia, Mediterranean or Canaries.  I am trying to persuade him to consider a Caribbean round trip from Southampton because we last visited the Caribbean before he was ill, so over 17 years ago.

5 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Yes, but we  don't know if we want to spend approx £8000 for 2 weeks cruising to ports we have already been to on other cruises or holidays.  Our real problem is that OH can't fly so if we only go for 2 weeks we are stuck with Round Britain, Scandinavia, Mediterranean or Canaries.  I am trying to persuade him to consider a Caribbean round trip from Southampton because we last visited the Caribbean before he was ill, so over 17 years ago.

You do need to book early with Saga, as the fares progressively increase to silly sums !