Past final payment and I want to upgrade to an AI package

yvrbos

So I am past final payment and I want to upgrade to an AI package. Four days ago, Celebrity said about $500. I decided to wait. I called today and they are saying that they can’t change to AI at all since I am past final payment. Which one is accurate? I am confused.

Thank you for your help.

I would venture to think that no will be the answer. I booked a cruise while on board for us and my daughter and son in law. At the time elevate was still offered. I called to see if we could upgrade to it and was told no. The cruise isn’t until March so not close to final payment. We just upgraded the drink package since that was all they would let us do. 

The answer is probably no - unless.

If you cancelled and rebooked the same cabin with AI at prevailing pricing, ask them what that would cost you.  If you booked a while back when prices were cheaper, you may find it's a lot cheaper to just buy the AI pieces separately. 

There is some internal confusion about this. It’s really no different than upgrading after final payment to a different cabin category at the prevailing rate. You can’t simply add All Inclusive or downgrade to Cruise Only, but there isn’t anything that would prevent this as long as you are clear you are willing to pay the current rate. 

• Like 3

Unfortunately, no. AI isn't an upgrade, like going from balcony to minisuite. It's a different booking package. You would have to cancel and rebook at the current rate. Since you are past final payment, you would lose a very large chunk of what you've already paid. It would be cheaper at this point to just buy the components: drinks package, wifi, and prepay the gratuities.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

It’s really no different than upgrading after final payment to a different cabin category at the prevailing rate. 

There's an idea.... OP are you willing to upgrade to Aqua Class, assuming it is available?

1 minute ago, yvrbos said:

If I upgrade to Aqua Class, does that include everything?

If you do it directly (i.e., not via a MoveUp bid), it should include the AI package.  You might want to confirm that should you call about the upgrade, though.

1 hour ago, Fly and Sail said:

No. Aqua Class is no different than any other type of cabin that you can book either with or without the AI package.

The current Cruise-Only rate excludes Aqua Class and Suite cabins.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

No.. only if you pay for a all inclusive rate. I have never had this with my Aqua class cabins

Currently, if you go to the Celebrity website and try to book an Aqua Class cabin you aren’t given the choice to book Cruise-Only or All Included like you are with lesser categories.  You are automatically given All Included.

1 hour ago, Mark_K said:

Currently, if you go to the Celebrity website and try to book an Aqua Class cabin you aren’t given the choice to book Cruise-Only or All Included like you are with lesser categories.  You are automatically given All Included.

I see that, too.

You should be able to "upgrade" to your current cabin category with the AI package.  As Jeremiah1212 correctly points out it will be a the prevailing rates and there would probably have to be a cabin available in your category to be able to do this.

The people suggesting to upgrade to Aqua Class is for the same reason.  Since about June Aqua Class and Suites are only priced with AI and are unavailable with a cruise only rate.  So if you were to do a paid upgrade to Aqua at the prevailing rates the AI package would be included.   Move Up no.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

My AQ booking doesn't include anything. Had to book every item extra.

I expect you booked before things changed.  When they recently reworked the system such that you can choose between AI and cruise only, they made it so that only applies to Concierge and below.  Aqua must book with AI, and Retreat must book with Retreat perks.

That probably doesn't apply to such things like comp cruises.

On 8/25/2022 at 6:58 AM, Wineaux007 said:

I did a couple of dummy bookings on a balcony and an O/V, and the difference between the AI and no perks was about $1300, so do the math to see if it is worth the AI.

In our case on Beyond, the difference for AI vs. no perks in a balcony is now a staggering $4700. The current price of this upcoming cruise has more than doubled since we booked.

Edited by CruseKrazy