Detaching From The Diamond Plus

I'm starting to venture out of my comfort zone and try something new vacation wise..   My TA is looking into some all-inclusive options but I told her, maybe a new cruise line is all we need to shake things up a bit.   I know MSC does status matches, but does any other line match RCI's status?

3 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

I'm starting to venture out of my comfort zone and try something new vacation wise..   My TA is looking into some all-inclusive options but I told her, maybe a new cruise line is all we need to shake things up a bit.   I know MSC does status matches, but does any other line match RCI's status?

On Celebrity you would be elite. 

Diamond, diamond+ and pinnacle = elite

Elite, Elite+ and zenith = diamond

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 3

We've tried MSC, and also Costa, Celebrity, Princess, NCL, Azamara and Viking. But we keep coming back to Royal, and one reason is that the loyalty program is in our opinion perhaps the best in the industry once you reach Diamond. Even if MSC, or some other company for that matter, does the matching, the benefits you get don't necessarily at all compare to Royal or even to Celebrity.

MSC can be quite nice though - but one thing to be aware of is that the Yacht Club takes up a significant chunk of the ship's available space. If you are not in the YC yourself, it can get rather crowded elsewhere if the ship is at full capacity. Also, when reading reviews, it's worth keeping in mind that the YC-reviews do not reflect the experience on the rest of the ship. Still, you can have a very nice cruise on MSC if you have realistic expectations and chose your cabin visely.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Per that link, “Guests may only use status match comparison one time, even if they belong to multiple loyalty programs.”

So, if we status match, we get one cruise at the high status, then if we take a second MSC cruise we back at the bottom (our earned status)?

2 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Per that link, “Guests may only use status match comparison one time, even if they belong to multiple loyalty programs.”

So, if we status match, we get one cruise at the high status, then if we take a second MSC cruise we back at the bottom (our earned status)?

I contacted msc for a status match some time ago. I considered adding a msc leg to oasis out of miami. ..months later I'm still waiting no reply. I havent heard good things about their customer service. Imo it's a step down.

Celebrity princess were fine. Ncl I especially enjoyed the food. Though I felt out if my element. Like I didnt get my cabin cleaned because I couldnt find out the light over my door got turned on which meant I didnt want service ... first 3 days. 

8 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

I take it to mean that you can't match to Royal and Carnival and Oceania and etc.  It's an OR (pick 1), not an AND (pick all).  So, pick what gets you the highest match. 

1 hour ago, RCCL Fan said:

Oh no, you don’t want to go MSC. A major step down. Even with the status match, very few perks in total. As far as mass market I would rate MSC below NCL and Carnival. Try Celebrity instead.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

Thanks I was more interested in if any other cruise lines besides MSC  did a status match.  Is it just them?

It’s just MSC. You still get the status match with both CELEBRITY and Azamara. My recommendation would be to try a lot of different things. We’ve done 50+ with RCI but 95+ cruises in total and they all have their pros and cons. Never been on a bad cruise so far…

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fredrik said:

Oh no, you don’t want to go MSC. A major step down. Even with the status match, very few perks in total. As far as mass market I would rate MSC below NCL and Carnival. Try Celebrity instead.

Already been on the celebrity road, just looking around to try something new and was curious what was out there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fredrik said:

You still get the status match with both CELEBRITY and Azamara.

Since Azamara was sold, do they still status match if you haven't previously sailed Azamara?

I sailed Azamara before the sale, so I continue to earn points on both Celebrity and Azamara simultaneously.

15 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Since Azamara was sold, do they still status match if you haven't previously sailed Azamara?

I sailed Azamara before the sale, so I continue to earn points on both Celebrity and Azamara simultaneously.

From Azamaras FAQ:

• Will the reciprocity benefits between Celebrity Captain's Club and Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society continue?

Yes.  There will be no change to the reciprocal benefits between Captain’s Club and Crown & Anchor Society.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fredrik said:

It’s just MSC. You still get the status match with both CELEBRITY and Azamara. My recommendation would be to try a lot of different things. We’ve done 50+ with RCI but 95+ cruises in total and they all have their pros and cons. Never been on a bad cruise so far…

We are the same, 86 and many more planned. Some were better than others, but none were bad. I’d have to say most lines are more alike than different. They each have their strong points. 

3 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

Thanks I was more interested in if any other cruise lines besides MSC  did a status match.  Is it just them?

Celebrity does reciprocal Royal status up to Diamond 

We have cruised celebrity as recent as an edge cruise last September.  We are diamond plus but always buy the drink package anyway.  The bogo is good but wouldn’t stop us from stepping out. 

our favorite rccl class of ship is oasis but we also like the edge class now as well 

I think you will find celebrity a nice change. 

• Like 1