Chef's Table

Steve&Karen

3 hours ago, Steve&Karen said:

Can someone kindly tell me the cost for Chef's Table and also if you feel the experience is worth the cost? Thank you 

On the Sky in April it was $100 or $115 with wine. Definitely worth it - great food and service! 

• Like 3

I've done it three times and tried to sign up for it again last month on the Caribbean. It's $95 with wine on the pre-Royal ships. They charge an extra $25 for the crystal curtain on the Royal and post-Royal ships.

The Royal and newer ships offer a Winemaker's Dinner that's $40. One complaint most people have about the Chef's Table is that there's just too much food. The Winemaker's Dinner is a more reasonable amount of food served with good wines. Here's the menu from last year on the Majestic.

Our favorite celebratory dinners have been Ultimate Balcony Dinners. Someone mentioned that Princess may be starting them up again soon.

20210827_183606.jpg

Edited by geoherb
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, geoherb said:

The Royal and newer ships offer a Winemaker's Dinner that's $40.

I can vouch for the Winemaker's Dinner!!  Have done it twice now.  EXCELLENT.  I have never done the Chef's Table so I really can't speak to that...but after experiencing the Winemaker's Dinner I can't imagine that it would be that much better as to command over twice the price.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Coolmama_1 said:

Love the Winemaker's Dinner. We have done it 3 times and it does not disappoint. We like it as well as Chef's Table. I like the Chef's Table, but do not need another Cookbook! However, if you have never experienced it, the experience is well worth it. 

We love Winemaker's too!

Cheers

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, KKB said:

Would love to do either of these on our upcoming Discovery cruise.

Am I correct we cannot book until embarkation?

that  is  correct....call  dine  line as  soon  as  possible to get  on  list for  chef table.

Wine  makers has  more  opportunities to attend.

Edited by cruiser113
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Happy2Crews said:

Have done the Chef's table twice and found it to be such an amazing experience.  Well worth it.  Have a cruise planned for 2023 and looking forward to doing it again.  

Totally agree. Have done 2 as well and planning to do again on our upcoming cruise.  I wonder if they have updated the recipe book.  We have 2 identical, with the exceptions to the "autographs". 

• Like 1

"Chef’s Table* Caribbean, Coral, Crown, Diamond, Emerald, Grand, Island, Ruby, Sapphire Princess Fine Dining Event N/A N/A Onboard reservations accepted only $95 per person with wine $80 per person without

Chef’s Table Lumiere** Discovery, Enchanted, Majestic, Regal, Royal, Sky Princess Fine Dining Event N/A N/A Onboard reservations accepted only $115 per person with wine $100 per person without"

• Like 1

13 hours ago, trinitygirl said:

Does anyone know if they will cater to vegetarians for either of these experiences?

No, if you make the list they usually meet with you early to let you know that they do not cater to food preferences and to find out if there are any allergies.  (If you have allergies they don't wish to work with, they will remove you from the list and invite someone else).  The last Chefs table we were on there must not have been much demand as a last minute addition turned out to be a vegetarian who was willing to eat around the meat served.  I will add that we have been to 3 Chef's tables and they are a meat heavy dinner with multiple courses and various meats and seafood being the centerpiece of each course.  Not a good choice for a vegetarian!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/7/2022 at 8:43 PM, Steve&Karen said:

Can someone kindly tell me the cost for Chef's Table and also if you feel the experience is worth the cost?  

I'm going to give my standard answer to the "is it worth it" question.

If you've never done it, then, yes, it is worth it.  Many people say that travel opens them to new experiences.  Well, this is one.  After you've done it, then you can decide for yourself.

I've never been on a ship that offers a winemaker's dinner, but I would really enjoy trying it sometime.  On the Royal Princess we did get to attend a Super Tuscan dinner offered in the Sabatini's restaurant, and that was outstanding--better than the Chef's Table that we enjoyed the previous evening.

To those who think that there is too much food offered at the Chef's Table (I've also heard the same comment about the Ultimate Balcony Dinner.), I offer this suggestion:  skip lunch.  It works for me.                                                               

• Like 2

On 9/9/2022 at 8:27 PM, jwattle said:

I believe that's a hard no

We are pescatarians and they have provided special dishes for us at both, Chef's Table and Winemaker's dinner.  

In April, while on the Majestic, we did have a vegetarian at a Winemaker's dinner.  They did provide her with vegetarian options.

Discuss this with the DRO (Director of Restaurant Operations) when making your reservations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We are pescatarians and they have provided special dishes for us at both, Chef's Table and Winemaker's dinner.  

In April, while on the Majestic, we did have a vegetarian at a Winemaker's dinner.  They did provide her with vegetarian options.

Discuss this with the DRO (Director of Restaurant Operations) when making your reservations.

Thankyou.  I will go with no expectations and see what they say!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For one Chef's Table, one of our friends notified them of a dairy allergy and he was subsequently denied entry. Indeed, there's a lot of cream, butter, and cheese that goes into the dishes, so keep that in mind if lactose is a concern. 

Edited by awsdrew
  • Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 8:43 PM, Steve&Karen said:

Can someone kindly tell me the cost for Chef's Table and also if you feel the experience is worth the cost? Thank you 

So no one flame me for this generalization but here is my opinion.  It depends. 

If your usual land restaurants are places like Outback Steakhouse, Olive Garden and Applebee's you will think the Chef's Table is the greatest meal of your life. 

If your usual land restaurants are places at a higher level than those I mentioned above you will be disappointed.

We've done it once, would not do it again.  And yes, people at the table were raving about the meal being the best they have ever had. 

• Like 4

How would one sign up for the Wine Makers dinner?  Call the dine line or do you wait to see it advertised?   We are on the Regal in January for husband’s big birthday.   We’ve done the balcony dinner a few times, specialty restaurants a lot, and think the Chef’s table would be waaayyyy too much food for me to enjoy.   Have always wanted to try Winemakers dinner though.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Island wannabe said:

How would one sign up for the Wine Makers dinner?  Call the dine line or do you wait to see it advertised?   We are on the Regal in January for husband’s big birthday.   We’ve done the balcony dinner a few times, specialty restaurants a lot, and think the Chef’s table would be waaayyyy too much food for me to enjoy.   Have always wanted to try Winemakers dinner though.  

Call the dine line once you board.