AARP shopping cart disabled?

kaybeebee

28 minutes ago, kaybeebee said:

Trying to purchase AARP Carnival gift cards for 3 days now and site says shopping cart disabled. Anyone else have this experience, and if so, can you call to purchase?

I found the same issue. Cannot 'check out', just reroutes me to 'log in' screen. I'll try making a call...

The cart check out being disabled is just the lastest in a string of problems on the AARP Rewards website.  Two or three years ago a new company took over the program and there has been nothing but website problems .  Everytime they try to solve a problem they only make it worse.  They don't solve the problem, just add more problems. 

People have been complaining there about not receiving the Carnival gift cards for months.  It takes time and patience to finally get them.  People have been told they haven't purchased them even though the money has been charged to their credit cards or deducted from their checking accounts.  I just don't think it is worth the discount there anymore.  They just can't seem to solve their many IT problems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2022 at 1:12 PM, cruizinisthebest said:

Been happening alot lately. I had this issue two weeks ago, then it eventually worked. The cart has been disabled all week again. People have been asking on the community help page, but AARP has no answers. 

Just tried again this AM and when I try to checkout it makes me log in again?  Can not get to the screen to pay.  Glad I do not need to pay for anything for a while?  I guess I will just keep checking back?  I will need to get some to pay off the cruise and buy the drink package.

3 hours ago, bobbismith said:

Is there another vendor to buy them from? I sail in a week and need wifi and water.

TIA, Bobbi

Allstate Rewards also sells Carnival gift cards with a 10% discount.  You do not have to have Allstate insurance but you do need to download their Drivewise app.

• Thanks 1

I've had problems with AARP too.  It has been at least a month now but no matter what form of payment I tried to use it wouldn't go through.  Calls to customer service were useless as I was told my issue would have to be escalated. I had waited until the last minute to decide to use gift cards and didn't have time so I purchased as many as I could from Allstate but wasn't able to cover the entire trip because they do have a limit on the number you can get at once.

Lesson learned, don't wait until the last minute to buy gift cards and don't count on AARP. When trying to find an answer to my issue I found more than one forum where people were complaining of the exact same problem I had that had gone back for quite a while and there was nobody who had resolved the issue for them.

JUST WORKED FOR ME!  Like many of you I have been trying for days, even this morning.  But I have been making a habit of checking and it went through and I even got the confirmation emails for my orders.  Good because I have a couple final payments coming due and want to put a deposit down on another cruise.

• Like 1

It came on at 11:30 Eastern but went off quite quickly. (I missed it.) All of the $500 cruiseline cards are no longer available (Carnival, RCI, X, Princess, HAL), and I don't expect them to come back. I used the Chat function last week, and "Michele" said they were analysing usage data, that it wasn't a web or tech problem. 

1 hour ago, crystalspin said:

It came on at 11:30 Eastern but went off quite quickly. (I missed it.) All of the $500 cruiseline cards are no longer available (Carnival, RCI, X, Princess, HAL), and I don't expect them to come back. I used the Chat function last week, and "Michele" said they were analysing usage data, that it wasn't a web or tech problem. 

This happened a couple of years ago-only $100's no $500s.

I just hope they don't decrease the purchase limit per month