Is Aqua Class Worth It?

Empehi

Just off 9 night  Equinox, first time in Aqua…Blu was very much enjoyed by my Wife and I.  Great service, no waiting.

That said, do the math..I wouldn’t pay the difference if it was as much  as a specialty every night. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

On 9/24/2022 at 6:52 AM, Empehi said:

I would appreciate any thoughts and comments on the pluses or minuses of the Aqua Class?

Thanks

e

It seems to me the menu in Blu is very healthy so you don't get the steaks and escargot and other unhealthy items.  To me that is a no sale.

55 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Do a dummy booking and when you make your cabin choice you will see a banner on top of the illustration that says All Included for Aqua cabins.

Inside, Ocean View, Balcony & Concierge all have a banner that says, Cruise Only.

When you go through the booking process, you then have the option to add All Included, to your non Aqua choice.

If you choose Cruise only, there is then an option to add gratuities now or later.

Hey!  Is that make a dummy booking, or make a booking dummy?  🥸

Edited by zitsky

31 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

It seems to me the menu in Blu is very healthy so you don't get the steaks and escargot and other unhealthy items.  To me that is a no sale.

Not true at all.   There are several timeless classics you can order every night.  Escargot and filet being two of them.  The regular menu also had steak several nights as well.  I just got off Equinox and had steak 3 of the 9 nights.  

• Like 1

Just now, chimchimtx said:

Not true at all.   There are several timeless classics you can order every night.  Escargot and filet being two of them.  The regular menu also had steak several nights as well.  I just got off Equinox and had steak 3 of the 9 nights.  

I was going off the menu on our cruise showing on the App.

28 minutes ago, chimchimtx said:

Oh thank God!  I was starting to hyperventilate.

On 9/24/2022 at 3:26 PM, neverlaysup said:

Just my personal opinion, if the price of a 7 day cruise in Aqua is more than $400 more than a regular balcony, I will pass. It is cheaper to buy a spa pass and I would take the extra cash and specialty dine. Of course with Aqua now including the "All Included" package, you will need to figure out that value in the price difference as well.

Curious to know if the Fitness Ctr has access to steam or sauna, or if that's just part of the spa pkg, and if so hw much a Spa pass would be?  Do they sell them by the day or just the whole cruise?  As a newb, I would be interested to check it out, but not sure that i'd use it more than once or twice during the week.

2 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

Filet on the menu most every night..if not every night.

• Like 1

We agree with other posters.  We have sailed AquaClass over the past several years.  It now appears that Celebrity has expanded the pricing between Concierge and Aqua by several hundred dollars.  I guess, until they come to their senses, we will go back to Concierge.  The only significant difference for us is Blu and the price differential simply is not worth it.

1 hour ago, tonyd285 said:

We agree with other posters.  We have sailed AquaClass over the past several years.  It now appears that Celebrity has expanded the pricing between Concierge and Aqua by several hundred dollars.  I guess, until they come to their senses, we will go back to Concierge.  The only significant difference for us is Blu and the price differential simply is not worth it.

I'm seeing the opposite. Since the price to go from Cruise Only to All Inclusive has almost doubled in the past week, there are several instances of Aqua being cheaper than Concierge if you want the All Included rate. I suspect that pricing may go back to normal once the current 75% off 2nd guest goes away, but it may not. 

14 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

A bit healthier?  Perhaps.  Very healthy?  Not at all.  Yes steaks and other meats, yes sauces (perhaps lighter), yes lots of bread.     The feeling of being in a restaurant rather than a huge dining room is what gets our vote. 

But, as others have said, if the cost is significantly higher than non AQ, hard to justify.  But if similar, I would go for it.   

• Like 2

On 9/26/2022 at 7:05 AM, deultgen said:

It is really difficult to answer an "is it worth it question"

We have sailed Aqua Class four times, so for us, YES its worth paying something more than a standard balcony room to dine in Blu, have access to the Persian Garden and a couple other amenities.   

At the same time, on nearly ever sailing being advertised, the cost of Aqua Class is FAR, FAR above a standard balcony room, in many cases in the cruises we are currently looking at in Jan/Feb Caribbean, the cost for AQ is double a standard balcony room.  So, for us currently the answer is NO we have been priced out of AQ class for future cruises.  

Actually, on each of the 3 sailings we are looking at for winter 2023, we could book a balcony room and dine in a specialty restaurant EVERY NIGHT for far less than a AQ Class stateroom.  

With the AQ that was double the price could you tell us what class ship this was on? Thank you!

On 9/26/2022 at 6:08 PM, kanadakid said:

Curious to know if the Fitness Ctr has access to steam or sauna, or if that's just part of the spa pkg, and if so hw much a Spa pass would be?  Do they sell them by the day or just the whole cruise?  As a newb, I would be interested to check it out, but not sure that i'd use it more than once or twice during the week.

In the publicly available locker rooms there is usually a dry sauna that is available to everyone on the ship without Thermal Suite access. On an E class ship, a weeks pass is about $200-250 a week for the pass, not sure about M or S class (Thermal suite is much smaller).

My first time in the Aqua Room upcoming in February on the Equinox.  This is a great thread and I've discovered a lot of positive features for my sailing.  I do have a question re the gym classes.  Are any fee based for Aqua guests?  Or can you sign up for any without fees?  

1 hour ago, *Fudge* said:

Can you book a time to eat at Blu? 

We have never had an issue obtaining seating in Blu without a reservation.  A few times we were unable to sit in our favorite waiter's station.  This occurred when we changed our usual dining time.   If we arrived around our normal dining time, we always secured our regular waiter.  

These are the difference in prices for Concierge vs. Aqua on a Summit June sailing

The Concierge has ALL INCLUDED added to the price where the Aqua Class is all inclusive.

At a difference of a little over $200 it looks like what I am paying for is basically the opportunity to eat at Blu every night, use the spa and perhaps some upgraded amenities in the room.  Still, I am not against spending the extra $200 to move into Aqua class.  And mind you, that's $200 for 2 people which doesn't sound bad.

Hope I figured this out correctly.

conc.png

aqua.png

Edited by NJRonbo