Free gifts for Diamond +

29 minutes ago, celticfc said:

Hi can anyone tell me how you change your free drink you get in your cabin on arrival, my daughters have been getting bottled water for years and are now 21 and would prefer a bottle of beer.

Freephone number for UK C&A to make changes - 0800 240 4261 🍻 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, island lady said:

And if you happen to be on a cruise soon...go to the LA on board...they can change selections for you.  That is what I do, but bear in mind...the change does not happen until the following cruise.  

We've done that.  We also found out that if you are a couple, one is the primary.  If you don't change it on the primary's they will go with what the primary already had.  We had the LA on EN change both of ours and our D+ and 340+ pt gifts back in April and it was correct in July after I had called last fall and thought I had changed it but I had used my number and not DH's so since they only look at the primary, it made no difference.   I really miss being able to do it online.  

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, BND said:

We've done that.  We also found out that if you are a couple, one is the primary.  If you don't change it on the primary's they will go with what the primary already had.  We had the LA on EN change both of ours and our D+ and 340+ pt gifts back in April and it was correct in July after I had called last fall and thought I had changed it but I had used my number and not DH's so since they only look at the primary, it made no difference.   I really miss being able to do it online.  

OMG yes.  All the new "improvements" they made to the website some years ago, just made it more difficult for us to do selections....and more work for the CS phone reps, and LAs.   😕

Now if they can just get our wine that is delivered to the room as correct.  It's always messed up now.  They seem to toss anything at us they want to get rid of I guess.  Ughh...  Yet another trip to the LA.  😖

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Spurschick said:

From LA on Harmony last week

image.jpeg

Except most of the wines at the 525 and up level are not available and are substituted with lower quality wines. In fact, last 2 cruises on Harmony, they were substituted with wines from the 175 list. 

M

• Like 1

My Diamond Plus Ste. Michele Champagne was great but the bottle of red the ambassador comped us was putrid!  If they tell you they are sending you a comped bottle, it will be this brand: Beach Kite...caution!!!!!  Don't open it!.  These are of course totally separate from the Welcome back C&A perc which in our case was a can of warm beer...we changed that ASAP at the Ambassador's desk.

I don't get why most of the gifts are wine, now that there are D, D+,P drink vouchers.  Plus, you can bring 2 bottles of wine onboard.  I guess it's a good option for those that like their wine to flow continuously.  😄  I could understand in the pre-voucher days, but not now.

Of course, why do they offer food gifts on a cruise with unlimited food?

But, on the other hand, one only needs so many beach towels or tote bags.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, pcur said:

My friend takes her bottles of free wine that are not a brand she wants to the dining room, and asks to exchange them for something else.

I would be very surprised if they changed Beach Kite  out for anything else.  
It is ridiculous that they present  this wine  to their most loyal customers. 
m

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

There are no other choices now.  No tote bags, photo frame...nada!  We got strawberries too.

We’ve had a B2B2B with no gifts. We didn’t want the replacement wine and they were no other gifts to offer. (They may have had slippers, but we declined ).

We were told we would have totes and beach towels sent to the house, it would’ve been quite a few.   Of course we haven’t seen anything in almost a year. We did receive one Royal Caribbean ball cap about a month ago. We have no idea why we received it or who sent it. Maybe we received the one hat  in place of the dozen towels and tote bags

I suspect the gifts are the next thing  to go. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

My Diamond Plus Ste. Michele Champagne was great but the bottle of red the ambassador comped us was putrid!  If they tell you they are sending you a comped bottle, it will be this brand: Beach Kite...caution!!!!!  Don't open it!.  These are of course totally separate from the Welcome back C&A perc which in our case was a can of warm beer...we changed that ASAP at the Ambassador's desk.

Surely the HD or beverage manager knows how nasty that wine is! 
m

55 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I don't get why most of the gifts are wine, now that there are D, D+,P drink vouchers.  Plus, you can bring 2 bottles of wine onboard. 

You can also take two or three bottles home.

22 minutes ago, yogimax said:

You can also take two or three bottles home.

Yes, if you're driving.  Not worth the hassle if you're flying.

I got a surprise bottle (from guest services) on my May TA.  Took it to our rental cottage in England to drink.

Edited by Another_Critic

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

I don't get why most of the gifts are wine, now that there are D, D+,P drink vouchers.  Plus, you can bring 2 bottles of wine onboard.  I guess it's a good option for those that like their wine to flow continuously.  😄  I could understand in the pre-voucher days, but not now.

Of course, why do they offer food gifts on a cruise with unlimited food?

But, on the other hand, one only needs so many beach towels or tote bags.

On sea days, we enjoy a glass of wine or a beer...or both...sitting on our balcony mid afternoon.  🙂  Playing self bartender is rather enjoyable to just chill out on our own.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I would be very surprised if they changed Beach Kite  out for anything else.  
It is ridiculous that they present  this wine  to their most loyal customers. 
m

Yuck...worse than "plonk".   I would not even cook with that stuff.  😝