The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday October 11th, 2022

richwmn

35 minutes ago, kazu said:

I am so very sorry to hear about Shari 😢 I hope the doctors can help and you can soon find out more.  My prayers for her and you 🙏🏻 

That is excellent news indeed 👍 Happy to hear he is recovering well 😃 

I am so very sorry to hear this 😢 My condolences to his family and yours. I am glad they were able to be with him as painful as it was.  My prayers are with him, you and his family 🙏🏻 

I am so happy to hear this.  My prayers for quick, easy recovery and that the surgery solves his issues 🙏🏻 

Yikes - the appliance gremlin has struck again 😬. Hope you can find one you like at a reasonable cost with little wait 🤞 

Better and better 👍 Glad that they are treating you well along with him.  It’s tough doing the waiting and the caring.

@Horizon chaser 1957I saw yesterday on CC there was a medical emergency.  So very sad. 😔 

Well it’s official - I’m carless again (or is that SUV-less).  Turns out it was connected to the original repair.  Front passenger coil spring and the SUV should not be driven.  As soon as I started to ask if this shouldn’t have been checked on both sides last time she interrupted nicely and said yes, they should have checked both sides with my report.  She already referred it to the manager and there will be no charge.  But, the part has to be ordered so we wait.  So much for the snow tires being put on this week 😔 

Now to figure out a way to get to Grief Counselling tomorrow.  All this week’s errands that I wanted to accomplish are now on hold.  DAM 😡 

Coil springs should always be replaced on both sides for safety.

I'm sorry you have been inconvenienced but at least you are not being charged but they should supply you with a courtesy car until yours is ready.

Graham.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Coil springs should always be replaced on both sides for safety.

I'm sorry you have been inconvenienced but at least you are not being charged but they should supply you with a courtesy car until yours is ready.

Graham.

there are no loaners or courtesy cars to be had here.  Cars are in very short supply here.   Most of them have to be ordered now with a wait time of 6 - 9 months and no negotiating.  there are none to rent available either.

They would have given me a loaner if they had one - they didn’t.  they haven’t for months.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Yikes - the appliance gremlin has struck again 😬. Hope you can find one you like at a reasonable cost with little wait 🤞 

Thanks. There are no remaining appliance dealers here except the big-box stores, but even if what I want is in stock, it will be very hard to find a day when I can be ready for the delivery.

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Thanks. There are no remaining appliance dealers here except the big-box stores, but even if what I want is in stock, it will be very hard to find a day when I can be ready for the delivery.

I hear you.  I had the same problem when my fridge went.  There was only one to choose from with what was in stock.  Ordering would have been 6 months at least.

Delivery took 5 days.  that’s how backlogged it was and I had a local dealer, thankfully.

• Like 14

Lots of Daily news today - condolences to @Heartgrove,  and I'm very sorry for others ailing, recovering from surgery or expecting it.  Nice to have 2 little girls growing up with us, we'll want to see lots of pictures of Camilla and Ellie as time goes by!  I hope the car/appliance gremlin will stay away now that he has visited Jacqui and @kochleffel.  I keep waiting for our washing machine to kick the bucket - the other day DD overloaded it and it stopped mid cycle and she couldn't get it going again - as I have had many, many, years of dealing with washing machines !!, I fiddled with the soggy load and got it going again.  One of these days she's going to kill it, though.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

Remember how long I had to wait for a dishwasher from Lowe’s? Definitely address how long it will take installer contractors to install.

• Like 11

33 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Remember how long I had to wait for a dishwasher from Lowe’s? Definitely address how long it will take installer contractors to install.

I remember. I could install a washing machine myself if I had to, not that I want to.

• Like 9

One last update.  The physicsl therapists got DH up for a walk in the hall. There will be another walk in the morning.  We're pretty much winding things down for the day.

@kochleffel  I'm sorry the appliance gremlins foumd your washer.  Hope you can get a new one and find a time to meet the installers.

@kazu  Jacqui, just wow.  They should find a way for you to get a loaner since it was their goof.  I'm glad there will not be charging you.

@grapau27 Graham, thanks for fhe news about Angels Lansbury.  I enjoyed Murder She Wrote, too.

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1