New to Celebrity.... Silhouette

wsurrette2424

Hey all...  Looking for some information about the Celebrity Silhouette..

Long time Carnival/Royal Caribbean cruiser that booked a last moment 4 night cruise on the Silhouette.  First time Celebrity cruiser so I was wondering what to expect.  I'm expecting a bit mellower crowd (we're late 50's but young at heart) but hope to have some entertainment options.  I was wondering about dining options... we have anytime dining but wonder about alternative options beyond the buffet.  Any casual venues?

We just booked tonight so I'll be researching everything!  Much appreciated...

Cheers!

Gusman

Your 4 night cruise may not have a mellower crowd! 

Mast Bar for burgers is outdoors and casual. Upcharge casual restaurants are the Lawn Club Grille and Tuscan. Murano is a bit more formal. I've heard good things about the Silent Disco if the Silhouette offers that. For fun, Liars Club.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wsurrette2424 said:

Long time Carnival/Royal Caribbean cruiser that booked a last moment 4 night cruise on the Silhouette.  First time Celebrity cruiser so I was wondering what to expect.  I'm expecting a bit mellower crowd (we're late 50's but young at heart) but hope to have some entertainment options.  I was wondering about dining options... we have anytime dining but wonder about alternative options beyond the buffet.  Any casual venues?

Cheers!

Gusman

No inside smoking anywhere on any of Celebrity's ships. No dedicated onboard lounge for elite, elite+ and Zenith. 

Make sure to contact the CC (1-800-760-0654) and give them your CAS numbers as tier levels are reciprocal up to elite. 

The Mast Grill ('burgers and dogs) on deck 14. 

Also the Aqua Spa Cafe is available to all  pax, not just Aqua class. It is open for breakfast and lunch with lighter, healthier foods. I love the various salads at lunch; grains,, spinach, udon noodle, salmon, etc. It isl on deck 12 near the spa inside the solarium.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, wsurrette2424 said:

Long time Carnival/Royal Caribbean cruiser that booked a last moment 4 night cruise on the Silhouette.  First time Celebrity cruiser so I was wondering what to expect. . . . .  I was wondering about dining options... we have anytime dining but wonder about alternative options beyond the buffet.  Any casual venues? . . .

I'm pretty much the same, only one Celebrity cruise before my upcoming Nov 7 on Silhouette but numerous others on CCL and RCI.

First, Silhouette has been renovated (beautifully it seems!) so you may not get many (if any) postings regarding this particular ship. As for dining, don't expect nearly as many dining or snack options on Celebrity as on Oasis Class for example, but probably a little more or better(?) than the average Carnival ship. Probably more venues with cover charges on Celebrity.

As for Silhouette, this is probably as informative as you can find:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-silhouette/eat-and-drink

As @TMLAalumstated, your 4-night cruise will probably not be typical as compared to longer cruises on X. But yes, I definitely think you could expect a mellower crowd on any Celebrity cruise longer that 3-4 days. Short cruises are often "party" cruises. I've done two 5-day cruises that weren't bad at all, but maybe I was just lucky.

I do expect my 10-day Silhouette cruise to be very laid back in comparison to most cruises I've done. But if it doesn't work out that way, I'll be sure to let you know! 😬🙃

Hey All...

Thanks for the info!  Very much appreciated!

• We're probably fine with main dining room and buffet food as well as the casual venues.  Are there any upgraded dining plans available or are all upgraded venues Ala carte?  We're definitely considering sushi and the lawn seafood restaurant.
  •  

Oh... and apparently long pants are required for the MDR.... true?  Love nice shorts but slacks or dockers are cool too.

Any can't miss entertainment venues?

Thanks again!  Looking forward to a new cruising experience!

Cheers and Best Regards...

Gusman

4 hours ago, wsurrette2424 said:

Hey All...

Thanks for the info!  Very much appreciated!

• We're probably fine with main dining room and buffet food as well as the casual venues.  Are there any upgraded dining plans available or are all upgraded venues Ala carte?  We're definitely considering sushi and the lawn seafood restaurant.
  •  

Oh... and apparently long pants are required for the MDR.... true?  Love nice shorts but slacks or dockers are cool too.

Any can't miss entertainment venues?

Thanks again!  Looking forward to a new cruising experience!

Cheers and Best Regards...

Gusman

Think of RC as ‘Action, Adventure  and Entertainment ’ and Celebrity as ‘Relaxation, Rest and Enjoyment ’. We can come off a RC cruise exhausted, we come off a Celebrity cruise happy and refreshed. There is plenty to do on Celebrity, it is just there are lots of venues where the focus is simply on enjoying meeting new people and making new friends, listening to a variety of music  or simply watching the world go by…

In our experience food on Celebrity at all levels is better than RC. I would suggest, especially as you like casual dress in the evening, that you do visit Lawn Grill. It has a family BBQ vibe. A mix of meat and fish options. Sushi also is worth a visit.

Sincere best wishes for a great cruise!

Edited by chemmo

Hello Gusman.    We have sailed the Silhouette after her refurb and can confirm the earlier comment by Moonarino that the ship looks great!   Have never sailed RCCL and my only Carnival cruise was many years ago so I am no help with comparisons but am happy to share what we enjoyed onboard the Silhouette (similar age demographic to you but of course YMMV).

We loved the silent disco as well as some late night DJ'ing in the Sky Lounge if you like to dance later into the evenings.  Also had a great dinner at the Lawn Club Grill.  If you are in to sports you might enjoy grabbing a booth at the Craft Social as they have several TV's in there with various sports games being shown and some "pub grub" you can order (extra charge).  We have seen some really funny comedians onboard (especially the late night adult only) but of course this can be hit or miss.

As for the dining room, my DH and a friend were once turned away when wearing dress shorts but this was a few years ago on a different Celebrity ship.  From other comments on various threads it seems that there is not always consistency enforcing the policy of men wearing long pants at dinner.

I sincerely hope that you enjoy your cruise on the Silly and would love it if you came back to report on your experience!  Always great hearing feedback from someone's first cruise on Celebrity!  Enjoy 😊

• Like 1

If you have Diamond status by sailing Royal, you will be Elite on Celebrity.

We have done 2 cruises since sailing resumed on Silhouette as we are based in UK, where she home ports in the summer.

I have quite a few photos and have added a few.

B7B7272A-DB0B-47BA-BE01-B6532B50CAA6.thumb.jpeg.80f452f7f80297bf64da992b13a1ea77.jpeg

Ensemble Lounge

A3C905E3-C961-4F97-8495-6272AE32C827.thumb.jpeg.69a5216a96c48382fdb02dd35b71a52e.jpeg

Sky Lounge

2B054FAC-5B4D-46AE-9D40-3EFCB2A05CCC.thumb.jpeg.c02c19990de8c04a16c69e2e934b32e7.jpeg

Lifts

982CF73B-8B03-478F-9699-A182A4A51CB9.thumb.jpeg.ecea84fbba97520eeafc70191e4d815c.jpeg

Deck 14 near the Sunset bar.

65799B02-8838-4FB1-87FF-37CDC40B33E5.thumb.jpeg.f3384f712f41cb4a13a7b132b2be4d8b.jpeg

Balcony cabin.

10103BF5-DD56-48BE-8F80-3AD6EE5AD714.thumb.jpeg.1b8b02c02093a377ba33a14b08b41b1c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do either of you recall if Celebrity installed new TV’s during the remodel?  Are they still Samsung TVs?  As I recall if I want to hook up my Fire stick, I will need to bring a Samsung remote to change the TV input.

it worked different on the Apex last year.

Thanks

17 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Do either of you recall if Celebrity installed new TV’s during the remodel?  Are they still Samsung TVs?  As I recall if I want to hook up my Fire stick, I will need to bring a Samsung remote to change the TV input.

it worked different on the Apex last year.

Thanks

I'm sorry jagofee.....this was my first cruise on the Silly so do not know if the tv's were new or not compared to pre-refurb.

On 10/22/2022 at 6:15 AM, wsurrette2424 said:

Cheers!

Gusman

Probably the most recent independent review by a Celebrity cruiser that could well give you an insight...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2022/10/19/celebrity-silhouette-9-night-spain-france-cruise/

1460078441_Decks2PoolDeck.thumb.jpg.9461beae19dd255e82b47c107cb419d6.jpg

10 hours ago, Reel Love said:

I'm sorry jagofee.....this was my first cruise on the Silly so do not know if the tv's were new or not compared to pre-refurb.

Thanks.  Do you recall the brand?

so glad that you enjoyed your cruise.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 12:15 AM, wsurrette2424 said:

Cheers!

Gusman

We cruised aboard the Silhouette in September and there were plenty of entertainment options. Those are listed in a newsletter called "Celebrity Today" that you'll find in your room or outside your door each evening. There were usually ~60+ options listed each day.

As for dining, we too selected anytime dining but also visited Craft Social, a pub-like place with very good food; the Luminae, a Retreat-only place; and Sushi on 5. There are many others onboard, but we tend to keep odd hours and, very often, would just hit the Oceanview Cafe for something quick when convenient.

As far as casual, the Luminae is not; and shorts are "not allowed in the evening hours" (so they say but we returned late from two excursions wearing shorts and wandered about for a drink and to unwind, and nobody seemed to care.) But "casual" is relative and, if you don't mean shorts, T-shirts and flip-flops, then know that I wore a collared polo shirt and black or khaki trail pants in the evenings; no suit coat or tie, although many passengers dress to the nines, as the expression goes.

Hope this helps,

cjr

19 minutes ago, sayvan said:

I’ve one recommendation… Martini Bar! If you know, you just know! 

Spent a month on the Silhouette this past February… it’s a beautiful ship and the action never stopped! 

Agree the martini bar is a very popular spot. No matter the ship. We don't hangout there for drinks but always comment on how busy it is and everyone is having a great time. 👍🙂🍸

Edited by davekathy

12 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

Probably the most recent independent review by a Celebrity cruiser that could well give you an insight...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2022/10/19/celebrity-silhouette-9-night-spain-france-cruise/

1460078441_Decks2PoolDeck.thumb.jpg.9461beae19dd255e82b47c107cb419d6.jpg

Solent Richard! Such a brilliant review. Thank you. Loved, loved your Evening Chic attire😍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CNSfromHI said:

We cruised aboard the Silhouette in September and there were plenty of entertainment options. Those are listed in a newsletter called "Celebrity Today" that you'll find in your room or outside your door each evening. There were usually ~60+ options listed each day.

As for dining, we too selected anytime dining but also visited Craft Social, a pub-like place with very good food; the Luminae, a Retreat-only place; and Sushi on 5. There are many others onboard, but we tend to keep odd hours and, very often, would just hit the Oceanview Cafe for something quick when convenient.

As far as casual, the Luminae is not; and shorts are "not allowed in the evening hours" (so they say but we returned late from two excursions wearing shorts and wandered about for a drink and to unwind, and nobody seemed to care.) But "casual" is relative and, if you don't mean shorts, T-shirts and flip-flops, then know that I wore a collared polo shirt and black or khaki trail pants in the evenings; no suit coat or tie, although many passengers dress to the nines, as the expression goes.

Hope this helps,

cjr

Just to note for the OP that only those in suites can eat in Luminae or visit The Retreat. (Said as someone who does not cruise in suites but could have been very confused before my first Celebrity cruise if someone had mentioned Luminae or The Retreat as places to eat or go and I wasn't allowed.)

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

5 hours ago, sayvan said:

Spent a month on the Silhouette this past February… it’s a beautiful ship and the action never stopped! 

Totally Agree!  When I typed my post earlier in this thread I intended to mention the Martini Bar as another great spot to hang out but for some ridiculous reason it completely slipped my mind!  

5 hours ago, sayvan said:

sayvan quick off-topic question.....I just noticed you are from Stratford.  Do you know of/ever shop at The Green Room?

2 hours ago, BridgeMates said:

Q:  What kind of food is avail in the Craft Social Bar?

Is there a charge?

Thanks.

Yes there is a charge.  When we were onboard in early 2020 it was pub grub/finger foods.  Menu may have changed by now; might be able to find a menu online?