Icon of the Seas, Tiny Diamond Lounge, bad location?

umbrahold

We just experienced our first DL.   I thought it was nice. On SOS. The concierge actually  helped us with our MTD as it kept getting messed up if we went to a specialty restaurant, they would not have us listed the next night in the dining room.  She was great with everyone.  Very hosptiable.  

On 10/25/2022 at 1:28 PM, umbrahold said:

Worries that Royal might be phasing Diamond club out...

If Icon DIDN'T have a Diamond Lounge, then maybe we could start worrying about a phase out. As it stands, RCI's newest design has a dedicated space for DL, therefore I see no evidence to suggest a phase out!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, robmtx said:

If Icon DIDN'T have a Diamond Lounge, then maybe we could start worrying about a phase out. As it stands, RCI's newest design has a dedicated space for DL, therefore I see no evidence to suggest a phase out!

Considerate only a WAG. My Magic 8 Ball says, "no". 

• 4 months later...
On 10/26/2022 at 10:02 AM, Ocean Boy said:

Ok, if you are restricting your comments to the location on Icon. The V/F class ships  as well as Allure, have very nice lounges and those Windjammer pastries taste better in there than they do with the crowds of the WJ.

How about pastries at Cafe Promenade, Park Cafe, or Latte-tudes?

BTW, thought you loved the Jammer, and weren't a fan of the DL🤔

Edited by John&LaLa

12 hours ago, robb s said:

4 drinks on your sea pass is not enough especially when you’re Australian, bring back the old diamond club ( just royal Caribbean being cheap) 

Folks seem to think the 4/5/6 vouchers was a massive improvement. 

Sorry

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

God, even when I say something positive you find fault with it.

Gotcha, but seriously though, you don't like Cafe Promenade pastries?

You can people watch there

We were on the Allure in February and used the Diamond lounge nearly every day.  It was busy at all hours but it was not overflowing.  This evidently is a larger D lounge than on most Oasis class ships.  The full window views aft over the Boardwalk and Aqua Theater was great.  The ship was full and this was one of the few places our group of friends , all Diamond and D+, could get seats together.  None of the other lounges had enough seats together for groups and people had to move furniture for happy hour and trivia to sit together in the Schooner bar, Champagne Bar and other venues we tried.  All of the bars felt very over crowded.  You could forget listening to the Piano Man unless you sent a chair saver very early.  The Diamond lounge was great, you could hear people speaking and many played games there during the day.  Card  Room was always jammed.

3 hours ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

We were on the Allure in February and used the Diamond lounge nearly every day.  It was busy at all hours but it was not overflowing.  This evidently is a larger D lounge than on most Oasis class ships.  The full window views aft over the Boardwalk and Aqua Theater was great.  The ship was full and this was one of the few places our group of friends , all Diamond and D+, could get seats together.  None of the other lounges had enough seats together for groups and people had to move furniture for happy hour and trivia to sit together in the Schooner bar, Champagne Bar and other venues we tried.  All of the bars felt very over crowded.  You could forget listening to the Piano Man unless you sent a chair saver very early.  The Diamond lounge was great, you could hear people speaking and many played games there during the day.  Card  Room was always jammed.

👍 Best DL in the fleet. Probably gone at the next drydock. Love to have morning coffee and toasted bagels  up on the second level. 

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Folks seem to think the 4/5/6 vouchers was a massive improvement. 

Sorry

American folks, maybe. 

Brits and Aussies like a drink.

Seven would be about right for DW and I 😉

11 hours ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

It is the largest.  And that is why it had a good crowd.  Great views and very spacious.  But that will likely be gone just like with Oasis.  The other Oasis class were built with small DLs.  Actually, the current Allure DL used to be the concierge lounge for suite guests and D+ and Pins.  It was the same for Oasis before they built the CK/SL and made the CL a restaurant.  The DL used to be above Boleros and also had some nice things about it (like a view of the promenade from some seats).  But it was much smaller.  If there were too many diamonds they would host happy hour in blaze down on deck 3.  

On 2/28/2023 at 7:12 PM, robb s said:

4 drinks on your sea pass is not enough especially when you’re Australian, bring back the old diamond club ( just royal Caribbean being cheap) 

Sorry, dont think will happen. Back when I first became Diamond in the 90's there was no Diamond Lounge, we used Concierge Lounge. Also at time no such thing as Diamond Plus or Pinnacle, Diamond was the Top Tier. My Voyager Cruise in late 90's was first Ship was on with an actual Diamond Lounge. Unfortunately Travel Perks are changing or slowly going away, like this in Cruises, Airlines, Hotels. At least still have 6 free drinks and more important for me the SOLO 340+, with discounts about every 3-4th Cruise is Free to me...oh and I dont Drink anyway

Edited by ONECRUISER