When does the medallion app start to work

uncleboo

7 minutes ago, uncleboo said:

Hello

Does anybody know when the App Starts to work? So I can see what the meals will be for tomorrow in the entertainment times at night and other activities

As people have told you in other threads you have started... It will work when you are on the ship.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

There's *almost* nothing that is of any real value in the app until you are actually on the ship.  As @donswifestated, you can pre-order your wifi package if you did not get it as part of your booking level.  There may be other things that others can add, but I find that the app is almost useless even on the ship!  It is very poorly written and (I imagine) contracted out to the lowest bidder.  You may be disappointed if you pin your hopes and expectations on the app.

1 hour ago, uncleboo said:

It is amazing some folks on this site are so nice and helpful and others have very rude comments toward others, how about some patience and tolerance 

Take a deep breath. Inhale. Exhale. When you are on the ship and log on to the medallion Wi-Fi, all will be revealed. (And to be honest, your stateroom TV will serve you better). If you are looking for the app to be a panacea for all of your pre-cruise questions and wonderment, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. I am not trying to rude. I am honestly trying to help you. But if you choose to look at this differently, there is nothing I can do about that. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, packedandready said:

How much is the WiFi?

If you are platinum or elite, and you buy ahead, it is $5/day for single device and $10/day for 4 device plan.  Otherwise $10 and $20.  It costs more if you wait.  If you have a lot of shipboard credit, you can buy the single plan now to get the lower price (can't use shipboard credit) and upgrade onboard and use OBC for that portion, still at the lower price.  I did this last week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, donswife said:

If you are platinum or elite, and you buy ahead, it is $5/day for single device and $10/day for 4 device plan.  Otherwise $10 and $20.  It costs more if you wait.  If you have a lot of shipboard credit, you can buy the single plan now to get the lower price (can't use shipboard credit) and upgrade onboard and use OBC for that portion, still at the lower price.  I did this last week.

Thank you. Can I buy the 4 device package and my husband log on also as long as no more than 4?

5 minutes ago, packedandready said:

Thank you. Can I buy the 4 device package and my husband log on also as long as no more than 4?

Yes.  I got the upgrade and my daughter and mom used it, and I could log on in the internet cafe.

You won’t be able to see the menus in the app until you are on the ship, and even then sometimes they won’t show up.  I have found the menus work better on your stateroom TV.

Pre-cruise you can use the app to make dining reservations but you won’t be able to see main dining room menus. 

7 hours ago, uncleboo said:

Hello

Does anybody know when the App Starts to work? So I can see what the meals will be for tomorrow in the entertainment times at night and other activities

Getting back on topic:

The Medallion Class App (OceanReady/Travel Checklist) begins working as soon as you download it to your phone/working device.  You are able to do most everything needed (to be completed) before boarding...i

adding credit cards

picking arrival/boarding times

uploading passport information/vaccinations cards (if still needed) and a sundry of other forms.

ordering wifi

ordering accessibility equipment

picking out celebratory days

booking specialty restaurants

The Medallion Class App (JourneyView/OceanNow/OceanCompass) .  A few selections may work before boarding: 

OceanCompass - Explore Ship

JourneyView - Selected Activities and Port Guides

OceanNow - Dine My Way

The rest of the Medallion Class App will be usable once on the ship:

Crew Chat

Buying FCDs

Ordering food and drinks

Setting up find your friends and chat

My list is NOT inclusive.  There are too many functions to mention.  

As in many of Princess' attempts, they do not clarify between "labels". (case in point:  Mini-suites are not full suites).  The Medallion Class App has multi-functions.  For me, it was through trial and error to figure out how it all fit together in the scheme of Princess.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, packedandready said:

First time Princess cruiser here. Do we need to order our medallions or will they just show up a couple of weeks prior to cruise?

You either have to pre-order (shipped out 2 weeks before cruise) or pick it up when you check in.  If you don't want to deal with the Medallion Class App at all, be sure to bring hard copies of required documents.