Heads up.......it's possible to book shows in cruise planner

8 hours ago, lovelife said:

Thanks for the info. I can book only two shows for Symphony 12/10 but none for Symphony 12/3. Where did you see the list of ships with this availability?

Just made reservations for 12/3 Symphony Sailing, Only comedy club not available to pre book

Do online rather than in the App 😉

1EADFB75-3D68-4654-9CAB-AA69F3885843.jpeg

Edited by PompeySailor

1 minute ago, PompeySailor said:

Just made reservations for 12/3 Symphony Sailing, Only comedy club not available to pre book

Thanks, yes I was on line. Didn't try the app.  Later on I was able to book all but Comedy Club.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2022 at 6:58 PM, NSnewcruiser said:

We are on Oasis for Dec 4th and can now book the Aqua show,Cats,and the Ice show in our cruise planner.Also in the app.

Thanks we are on Oasis on the fourth as well now I am going to be haunting the app until the headliner and comedy club shows up.

1 hour ago, PompeySailor said:

1EADFB75-3D68-4654-9CAB-AA69F3885843.jpeg

I'm waiting for the skating shows to post for Symphony. Was able to book the adult comedy. 

2 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

Adult comedy, which date for Symphony were you able to book?

Was that online or App?

TIA

Hi, Dec 10 on Symphony. It's a lot of now I'm here and now I'm gone. Meaning the shows appear and then disappear. I booked the adult comedy show in the planner, online using a desktop. I can see it in the app, but I cant reserve any shows in the app. That comedy show is now listed as sold out, but stuff I reserved today was showing as sold out yesterday. So, who knows. I check my phone and tablet frequently to see if the ice skating shows will pop up for booking. Neither are in the planner. One is showing in the app, but I cant reserve there so that's not helpful. I will see if anything changes tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

Prior to the shutdown, were on board activities such as NorthStar & iFly available for prebooking, or was it only shows? Wondering now that shows are starting to become available, if the above activities will be available soon as well?

Paid activities for flowrider, North Star, ifly just showed up on my Dec 4 anthem sailing so yes... Assuming the free sessions still need to be reserved day of on port days.

Just a heads up that there are ships on which no show bookings are ever made or needed, such as Enchantment.  If you are sailing on such a ship, don't panic that you can't make bookings.  You just show up onboard for whatever show you want.

I am guessing but they are just now turning these features on after a 2-1/2 year hiatus, and that they picked a date in the future.  In 2020 and most of 2021 it didn’t matter how you booked, because nobody was booking shows, etc.  I think they are now back to why are we only doing this via an app, that a lot of passengers don’t install, and can’t use, and when they can’t book a show, they show up at customer service unhappy because they couldn’t see, Grease, the Ice show, etc.  So, they are opening up other avenues.

This is just me deduction.  I have no actual knowledge.  Just following my inner Sherlock Holmes.

jc

16 hours ago, MPH711 said:

Doesn’t sound like anyone has been able to book November cruise entertainment. 

3 hours ago, MPH711 said:

I wonder why the November cruises are not included? 

@Ourusualbeach has mentioned a couple times that it's only for sailings starting in December. I'm not sure why, but he's a travel agent so I assume he has an inside scoop based ok info he's been given directly from the cruiseline. 

I'm still keeping my eyes open though, and checking multiple times a day, in case they change their minds 😂

Just now, ARandomTraveler said:

@Ourusualbeach has mentioned a couple times that it's only for sailings starting in December. I'm not sure why, but he's a travel agent so I assume he has an inside scoop based ok info he's been given directly from the cruiseline. 

I'm still keeping my eyes open though, and checking multiple times a day, in case they change their minds 😂

No information received its just pretty obvious that when they were opened the first dates were December so Royal decided to start with December sailings. I eoukd be shocked if entertainment for Novemver was released after December was available. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 8:49 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

I booked all my shows for Wonder sailing at Christmas last night.  It is absolutely available and as I stated if you are sailing in May you are way too early.  Start checking 120 days before and then weekly once at 120 days.  I've been doing that for 5 years pre Covid and never missed booking a show time I wnated

Great for you and others, but so unfair to those of us who sailed on Wonder in Europe this summer and had to wait until we were on board to book our shows on the stupid app.  I wish Royal would get their act together and be consistent.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

Great for you and others, but so unfair to those of us who sailed on Wonder in Europe this summer and had to wait until we were on board to book our shows on the stupid app.  I wish Royal would get their act together and be consistent.

It wasn't just you it was the entire fleet due to Covid and so many changes to the show schedule so there is really nothing unfair about it, it was just a byproduct of Covid that has now been removed.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It wasn't just you it was the entire fleet due to Covid and so many changes to the show schedule so there is really nothing unfair about it, it was just a byproduct of Covid that has now been removed.

Good to see you're an apologist for Royal.  However, when I'm paying them a lot more than I used to for a cruise, I would expect to at least get the same service I used to receive, not less.

• Like 1