Laundry on cruise

Have not sailed Wonder yet but many other Royal ships, we take advantage of D+ free wash & fold (each of us are D+).  If we need other than the wash & fold items, we use the regular laundry for those items.  It works well for us on several b2b cruises.  We will be using that on our b2b on Wonder later this month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, forests_lover said:

From your experience cruising, what's the cheapest option to have clothes washed during cruise days ? (ship: Wonder of the Seas).

If you are looking for the cheapest option, that's washing out your items in your sink.  (the shampoo/bodywash in the shower dispenser is an EXCELLENT laundry soap).  After wringing out your clothes,  roll them in a towel, walk on the rolled up towel to get out as much moisture as possible, then hang to dry.

If you want the ship to do your laundry, you will be able to use a wash 'n' fold laundry bag for $35.  You can only send basics like underwear and t-shirts.  Don't send anything you don't trust in hot water and hot dryers.

Other than that, you can use the "real" laundry, where you pay per item.  I don't have the price list at hand, but I'm sure that someone will come along and post it for you.

🙂 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, forests_lover said:

From your experience cruising, what's the cheapest option to have clothes washed during cruise days ? (ship: Wonder of the Seas).

7 minutes ago, PigsCanFly said:

Have not sailed Wonder yet 

And the answer is the same for all Royal Caribbean ships.  🙂 

35 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

If you are looking for the cheapest option, that's washing out your items in your sink.  (the shampoo/bodywash in the shower dispenser is an EXCELLENT laundry soap).  After wringing out your clothes,  roll them in a towel, walk on the rolled up towel to get out as much moisture as possible, then hang to dry.

If you want the ship to do your laundry, you will be able to use a wash 'n' fold laundry bag for $35.  You can only send basics like underwear and t-shirts.  Don't send anything you don't trust in hot water and hot dryers.

Other than that, you can use the "real" laundry, where you pay per item.  I don't have the price list at hand, but I'm sure that someone will come along and post it for you.

🙂 

thank you so much for the clarification

On 11/3/2022 at 1:40 PM, Merion_Mom said:

If you are looking for the cheapest option, that's washing out your items in your sink.  (the shampoo/bodywash in the shower dispenser is an EXCELLENT laundry soap). 

🙂 

Better to buy the laundry soap tabs on Amazon.  We used them on a trip to Europe and they work much better than body soap products.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Better to buy the laundry soap tabs on Amazon.  We used them on a trip to Europe and they work much better than body soap products.  

Have you tried the shower goop?  If you haven't, you can't judge it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Right?

Shower goop is made to get body oils and sweat off your body.... it will also remove it from your clothing! 

Side benefit number one: FREE! (or "included" so a certain someone doesn't get his knickers in a twist)
Side benefit number two: One less thing to pack!
Side benefit number three: One less thing to have to remember to pack!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, brillohead said:

This looks extremely familiar.... currently on a 10-cruise run over ten weeks -- I wash a batch of shirts once or twice a week.  

That one was from B2B2B on EX.  

We are currently on B2B, plus TA add on...Wonder.  Have done hand washing, sent out 3 bags of "Boil and Fry" and two different bags of dry cleaning so far.  😉 

I can just imagine what lovely laundry experiences I am in for during the WC.  😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/3/2022 at 4:40 PM, Merion_Mom said:

🙂 

Ditto, and I'll add that I use pool towels as the wringing out method.  They are free on the Melanoma Deck, and they come with some free reading material.  Just ask around and others will tell you which "reserved" loungers to choose from. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Exactly. It works great. I travel with fabric that packs neatly, dries quickly and never wrinkles. Have never felt the need to use laundry on a ship even those that have washers and dryers provided. 

• Like 2

I use a 20 L dry bag.  It folds flat and is light to pack. It’s basically a scrubba but cost less.  Put your clothes in it with shower goop, roll down the top, agitate it some and leave it in the shower to soak.  Rinse, repeat.  Use pool towels to roll wet clothes in and hang to dry using magnets on ceiling, a travel clothes line if there’s a lot.  I take plastic foldable hangers  on the older ships because they have those weird hangers.  

I do wish Royal would have washers and dryers but it’s a money maker for them so I’m sure they never will. I’d pay to use a machine.  I can’t imagine a world cruise.  My way saves my clothes from destruction ( I put almost nothing of mine in a dryer) but it’s labor intensive on a sea day when I’d rather be doing anything else.  

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

My way saves my clothes from destruction ( I put almost nothing of mine in a dryer) but it’s labor intensive on a sea day when I’d rather be doing anything else.

I tend to do mine in that down-time between my shower and going to dinner.  I wash and soak before getting in the shower, then rinse and drip after my shower, then roll and hang before I leave the room.  

3 hours ago, island lady said:

That one was from B2B2B on EX.  

We are currently on B2B, plus TA add on...Wonder.  Have done hand washing, sent out 3 bags of "Boil and Fry" and two different bags of dry cleaning so far.  😉 

I can just imagine what lovely laundry experiences I am in for during the WC.  😄 

I have one day in Miami right now, just got off Symphony and getting on Oasis tomorrow.  I have a load in the washer right now in my Airbnb.  So far I've done two boil-n-fry bags and maybe 10 shirts.  Would have been more, but I knew I was going to have a washer and dryer today, so I didn't do any laundry this week and let it add up.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I have tried shower goop and it didn't seem to rinse out very well.  I haven't used shower goop specifically on a cruise ship as I have never had the need.  But, when traveling for two weeks in Europe we never knew if a hotel would provide something that would work and never stayed any where long enough to do laundry.  So having something specific for clothing that's the size of a matchbook worked well for us. 

https://smile.amazon.com/Travelon-Laundry-Soap-Sheets-50-Count/dp/B000Y0CL8K/ref=sr_1_10_mod_primary_new?crid=HB5TLNZWOSGT&keywords=travel+laundry+detergent&qid=1667666285&sbo=RZvfv%2F%2FHxDF%2BO5021pAnSA%3D%3D&sprefix=travel+laun%2Caps%2C197&sr=8-10  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, brillohead said:

I have one day in Miami right now, just got off Symphony and getting on Oasis tomorrow.  I have a load in the washer right now in my Airbnb.  So far I've done two boil-n-fry bags and maybe 10 shirts.  Would have been more, but I knew I was going to have a washer and dryer today, so I didn't do any laundry this week and let it add up.  

LOL...yeah, I don't really mind the piles of laundry to wash when we get home...but detest ironing.  Uggh...  

13 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Ironing?  What's that?  LOL

Haha!   Wish that were the case.  I don't do ironing for home life...just for the dress shirts for cruise trips.  I do bring light chiffon type blouses that I can hand wash and hang dry...but Bucky's dress shirts and my cotton blouses seem to send out invitations for the wrinkle monsters.  🤪

Usually try to avoid that heavy metal thing as much as possible.  😉 

• Like 1