Carnival Platinum Match Status On MSC

Lee Cruiser

Since Carnival has changed our April Mardi Gras cruise from San Juan to Nassau, we are considering trying another cruise line for the first time.  MSC is offering some great rates for April with some really good ports.  As MSC matches loyalty status, can anyone tell me what status platinum would be on MSC?

We got matched Diamond to black card, which was their highest level and now called Diamond, but that was several years ago. I don't think it the same now. We really like MSC and would be Diamond now anyway because we added 10,000 points on our own. The only hitch is that you must sail every 3 years or you lose your status and must start over.  You can only match one time.

3 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

MSC matched us, i think we were Black.  that was the highest level they had. 

we had a great time, but it was definitely a different experience than CCL and NCL.  good luck! 

It is still a different experience buts it seems they are getting more like north american cruises that sail from the states.

16 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Since Carnival has changed our April Mardi Gras cruise from San Juan to Nassau, we are considering trying another cruise line for the first time.  MSC is offering some great rates for April with some really good ports.  As MSC matches loyalty status, can anyone tell me what status platinum would be on MSC?

Don't know if you've been on the MG. We got off 1 week ago & we used the Nassau day to explore that fabulous ship!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

You could switch to Celebration, it still is to go to San Juan, I don't think they will change it because San Juan is in the middle of the cruise, where Mardi Gras had it first. They can't take Celebration out of San Juan without messing up the rest of the cruise.

There are also lots of other options, but why not switch to Celebration?

18 minutes ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

You could switch to Celebration, it still is to go to San Juan, I don't think they will change it because San Juan is in the middle of the cruise, where Mardi Gras had it first. They can't take Celebration out of San Juan without messing up the rest of the cruise.

There are also lots of other options, but why not switch to Celebration?

Darn. Here I was hoping for a change to Nassau from San Juan. Been to San Juan enough. Even did 2 cruises that left from San Juan.

cant please everybody. 😜 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

I tried twice to match msc to diamond plus on rcl. ... still waiting for a reply. I cant seem to get them to answer. 

I'm diamond on carnival. Is it better. Idk. 

1 hour ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Darn. Here I was hoping for a change to Nassau from San Juan. Been to San Juan enough. Even did 2 cruises that left from San Juan.

cant please everybody. 😜 

I'm with you, didn't like San Juan but liked Nassau. It's the main reason I passed on booking Celebration, didn't want San Juan.

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Yuck. I wrote twice and gave up and booked rcl again. MSC I guess is too busy to answer me.

Which is funny considering I can sail an MSC Cruise Solo in a Balcony for sub $900. I am paying $1200-1500 for insides solo on carnival and even booking a Studio on NCL solo is still $1200+. 

2 hours ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Which is funny considering I can sail an MSC Cruise Solo in a Balcony for sub $900. I am paying $1200-1500 for insides solo on carnival and even booking a Studio on NCL solo is still $1200+. 

I saw msc was cheaper and flying to miami next spring. But now i booked airfare so not adding it on. Before I paid for my airfare I was considering a msc cruise. Maybe they were too busy back then from covid. 

Ncl prima is still high though I think those solo cabins start about $1800 last I looked. I'm waiting for the extras to fall off. Prima is still high imo.

Jubilee starts near $1400 inside but I cant go the cheaper dates, so I'm watching that too for a later booking.

I got balconys on allure in dec the highest end of Broadway 1259, but next sept below $800 for a inside balcony but my solo discount finally kicked in for rcl, but cant apply until next year. I had 10 day radiance jan 30 but moved it right after oasis, too close but doable to get the solo discount applied. My harmony inside balconys are in the 800 range. But that's because of solo discount kicked in finally. Allure this dec full group price but after those I'm getting the discount. I'm keeping allure even though much higher price booked under double pts. 58 pts for b2b. 

It kills me jubilee so much higher than rcl now that I hit the dp340. Dp340 is around 25% off the cruisefare after my balcony discount comes off.

I do have 14 day dream booked for the ports. I'll get jubilee eventually, just gotta be patient. 

I'll still be over 100 pts to pinnacle on rcl. I like free wifi, dont care about the drinks. But free wifi is worth pushing for but no hurry if prima or jubilee come down a bit. I wish carnival rewards were a little better. I'll be diamond on carnival next cruise. Still sitting at 197 pts. 

Prima and jubilee to go. I'd love a 14 day eastern. I have the 14 day dream to Panama booked not the eastern. I'd love both. So expensive too. The carnival I wnt are all high. 

Edited by firefly333

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Yuck. I wrote twice and gave up and booked rcl again. MSC I guess is too busy to answer me.

Try again. I got no reply with my first attempt, but got a reply within 24 hours on my second email and was matched HiltonHonors Diamond to Diamond (Black Card). 

MSC pre-cruise customer service, website, etc. are horrible. The onboard experience and pricing are excellent, especially for solo pricing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

MSC solo rates are excellent, at least currently. I heard they are stopping the solo promo next year, but hope that isn’t true. I have 7 night cruises solo on the Divina from Miami in January and May in a balcony for $ 649 total (port fees & taxes) plus $ 200 OBC.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

One common gripe about MSC is how difficult communication can sometimes be with them. On the MSC board cruisers even state that if you have no major issues with your booking then don't call them as they are more likely to screw things up than fix them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JT1962 said:

MSC solo rates are excellent, at least currently. I heard they are stopping the solo promo next year, but hope that isn’t true. I have 7 night cruises solo on the Divina from Miami in January and May in a balcony for $ 649 total (port fees & taxes) plus $ 200 OBC.

That does sound excellent. I just checked my allure rate for a inside balcony next sept 24 and its $651 and $100 for stock and maybe some obc for early booking or group. I never know how much obc until I board. I asked my ta but still seems random, just appears sometimes when I board. So I'm laying $2 more for allure than you are for msc divina..seems excellence to me.