Opening Schedule

CHEZMARYLOU

I am not seeing anything interesting to me; well, I guess I have hit that plateau of cruising and went aground.  My DH cannot believe that at all, saying that I must have hit my head!  At least I still have six cruises to go and am happy about those bookings.  Why am I losing interest...scary!

• Haha 1

7 am here in the UK and only 2 TAs showing for April 2024 so far.  A dummy booking shows a refundable deposit - which while it is very welcome is not what happens in the UK, so it makes me wonder if it's an error! Hope not. A level playing field would be most welcome, even though I intend to convert a placeholder booking made on board for precisely that reason; the ability to move if necessary.

7 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Many Slhouette departures in 2024 are from Rotterdam and not from Amsterdam!

Weirdly I didn’t see Rotterdam as a departure option in their drop-down menu. Not that I am looking at those.

But since they don’t seem to want to release the single IVs I guess I’ll just be figuring out something else to burn this stupid NRD I have.

26 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Weirdly I didn’t see Rotterdam as a departure option in their drop-down menu. Not that I am looking at those.

But since they don’t seem to want to release the single IVs I guess I’ll just be figuring out something else to burn this stupid NRD I have.

For those departures they call it Amsterdam (Rotterdam) like Venice (Ravenna).

Looks like a funny price on the Ascent Fall 2024 TA. Aqua Sky  Suite about $4000 per person, while Regular Sky Suite is $5800 per person. Celebrity Suite is only about $200 more per person than SS.

So, of course I had to book it 😉😉.

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I went with Summit out of NYC (ok NJ, but close enough) THIS summer just to get the monkey of this NRD off my back. I wasn't overly thrilled with the Med itineraries. Summit out of NJ/NYC allows me to not have to deal with airfare.

Sorry you had to settle.  What were you hoping to see?

Celebrity suites on the Apex 13 night  Spring 2024 TA is going for almost $4000($11945pp) more per person total than the Apex 14 night Spring 2023 TA.   $11K plus per person is insane.

The Beyond going to Rome even more.

Looking elsewhere.....

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Celebrity suites on the Apex 13 night  Spring 2024 TA is going for almost $4000($11945pp) more per person total than the Apex 14 night Spring 2023 TA.   $11K plus per person is insane.

The Beyond going to Rome even more.

Looking elsewhere.....

I know even the Connie TA is like that

24 minutes ago, pamkev said:

I know even the Connie TA is like that

It's too bad, we really love the Celebrity suite product but not enough to break the bank.  My first TA in a Celebrity Suite in 2015 was about $3500. per person for a 16 night cruise.  Now a 14 night is charging more that 3 times that total .....   yes, there has been inflation...but this is nuts.

Waiting to see what Princess, HAL and Royal have to offer, or maybe time to just find other vacations.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

It's too bad, we really love the Celebrity suite product but not enough to break the bank.  My first TA in a Celebrity Suite in 2015 was about $3500. per person for a 16 night cruise.  Now a 14 night is charging more that 3 times that total .....   yes, there has been inflation...but this is nuts.

Waiting to see what Princess, HAL and Royal have to offer, or maybe time to just find other vacations.

Days of $600 balconies on a TA are long gone now 😭

• Like 1

Booked the Greece/Turkey/Italy in May on Ascent. We were hoping to book a Sky Suite, but those prices were outrageous.  Our TA found us a decent rate on Aqua class, so we might try to bid up later. We're looking forward to a brand new ship!

4 minutes ago, NanaPam00 said:

Booked the Greece/Turkey/Italy in May on Ascent. We were hoping to book a Sky Suite, but those prices were outrageous.  Our TA found us a decent rate on Aqua class, so we might try to bid up later. We're looking forward to a brand new ship!

I would have looked at the Greece/Turkey/Italy, but something is up as the single IVs weren't showing. I'd rather not wait to see if they're doing something weird with them so I booked for this summer.

We went for the Ascent Spain/France/Italy September 2024 in a SV all included for 12 nights for £2500 with military discount ($3093) each. Good itinerary with an overnight in La Spezia

Actually better daily rate than the 9 nighter we had booked on the Beyond in September but cancelled as our friends got Covid a few days before.

I was going to give the NCL Prima a whirl as an alternative but all the talk of small venues, booking for shows, racetracks turned me off. I like to relax on holiday not book meal times & queue.

19 minutes ago, hawkesbaynz said:

I was going to give the NCL Prima a whirl as an alternative but all the talk of small venues, booking for shows, racetracks turned me off. I like to relax on holiday not book meal times & queue.

I was on NCL Encore just before Covid and you made the right decision about NCL.  My head and wallet were spinning by the time I got off.  Seemed like every venue needed to be booked, some for a charge.  After a cruise on Apex, doubt I'll ever go back to NCL.