$50 Per Excursion Promo

hernando52

We are going on a 2 week cruise with 9 excursions.  The promo from NCL that we have is $50 back per stateroom per excursion taken.  For us, that will mean $450 back onto our account.  My question is, what happens to this money if we don't spend it on board?  Will it be refunded to the card on record or lost?  Ideally, we'd like to apply the money to a future cruise we have on the books.  It's been 3 years since our last cruise and I just don't remember!  

3 minutes ago, hernando52 said:

We are going on a 2 week cruise with 9 excursions.  The promo from NCL that we have is $50 back per stateroom per excursion taken.  For us, that will mean $450 back onto our account.  My question is, what happens to this money if we don't spend it on board?  Will it be refunded to the card on record or lost?  Ideally, we'd like to apply the money to a future cruise we have on the books.  It's been 3 years since our last cruise and I just don't remember!  

If you have already booked your excursions, the $50 per excursion for Guest 1 has already been deducted from the price you paid. There is no onboard credit associated with the promotion. It is deducted from the cost of the excursion (whenever it is booked). 

Edited by BirdTravels

Thank you!  I know that we got a Latitudes discount but wasn't paying close enough attention to when I checked out.  In the past it had been added to our account & I ended up buying stuff on the ship....I guess I won't have that problem now!  Thanks again

If you book before the cruise, the $50 is taken off the price, but If you book the excursion onboard, your account will be charged the full amount of the excursion when booked and you'll get the $50 back at the conclusion of each excursion.

12 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

If you book before the cruise, the $50 is taken off the price, but If you book the excursion onboard, your account will be charged the full amount of the excursion when booked and you'll get the $50 back at the conclusion of each excursion.

I forgot about that. It made it a nightmare trying to reconcile our on-board accounting on our last cruise. There would be a charge for the full amount of the excursion on the day we booked it, then a Lattitudes credit and a separate $50 credit after we went on the excursion. My highlighters got a workout trying to figure out our balance, especially since we had to cancel some excursions that we paid for before the ship left. The way they credited the account was mind-boggling.

20 minutes ago, MaggieNY said:

My highlighters got a workout trying to figure out our balance, especially since we had to cancel some excursions that we paid for before the ship left. The way they credited the account was mind-boggling.

I once thought that they had shorted me a Shorex credit.  I asked them to email me an invoice (which they delivered promptly) and the final amount was absolutely correct.  To your point, it can be a bit confusing how it shows up on your cabin TV.

1 hour ago, hernando52 said:

You will see if you look at your cruise planner that the discount is taken up front. There is also a 10% discount for certain levels of Latitudes membership. Once you put an excursion in your cart you'll see all the discounts.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

That has changed.  It's not $50 per excursion.  

did they change it again? On my cruise in 2019 it was per port, on my cruise January 2022 it was per excursion( i booked two in Aruba and got the reduction on both of them)

Edited by CruiseMH

23 minutes ago, phoenix1181 said:

It's one $50 credit for the first person on the reservation in each port.

While the credit is for the first person on the reservation, it’s no longer one credit per port. It can be applied to more than one excursion in a port, as long as they don’t overlap in time. 

8 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

While the credit is for the first person on the reservation, it’s no longer one credit per port. It can be applied to more than one excursion in a port, as long as they don’t overlap in time. 

Thanks for the correction!  I didn't realize they made that change.

• Like 1

The $50 shore excursion credit is applied to the first passenger’s account upon booking an excursion. If you don’t take an excursion at a port, you won’t get it back as a refund. 

As a Silver level passenger, I got a 10% credit on my excursions. Hubby got the $50. 

We just returned from the Encore’s 21 day Panama Canal cruise. In some cases we found NCL’s prices to had reasonable but in others they were higher than independent arrangements. For example, the Hop On bus in Cartagena Columbia was $59 each, so $59-50=$9 for hubby and $59-10% or $53 for me. We could have booked directly for around $20. 

If you pre-book before the cruise, the $50 credit plus any latitudes credits are calculated so you only pay the final price.  If you book onboard, the $50 credit goes back into your account after you take the excursion.  It's a cash credit so can be used to offset any onboard expenditures. If you have a credit balance on your account at the end of the cruise, they will call you and ask that you get the cash before you disembark.  If you book a cruise onboard, the $50 credits can be used to buy CN certificates to use toward the deposit - or simply applied as a deposit.  Note: if you book onboard you must let them know if you are eligible for a latitudes discount, it is not automatically applied.

24 minutes ago, julig22 said:

If you pre-book before the cruise, the $50 credit plus any latitudes credits are calculated so you only pay the final price.  If you book onboard, the $50 credit goes back into your account after you take the excursion.  

Wait I am so lost. So if I wait, and book a $50 excursion on board, I somehow get the $50 back in OBC? That’s the way it sounds.

Or are you saying if I book a $100 excursion on board, I am charged $100, but $50 goes back on my account once I take the excursion?

I ask because I have zero desire to take any excursions, but booked some under $50 because they’d be free. If there’s a way to get any of that as OBC I’d love to pursue it!

14 minutes ago, Greygooser said:

Wait I am so lost. So if I wait, and book a $50 excursion on board, I somehow get the $50 back in OBC? That’s the way it sounds.

Or are you saying if I book a $100 excursion on board, I am charged $100, but $50 goes back on my account once I take the excursion?

I ask because I have zero desire to take any excursions, but booked some under $50 because they’d be free. If there’s a way to get any of that as OBC I’d love to pursue it!

Passenger 1 gets a maximum of $50 off each excursion. If the excursion is $30, you get $30 off. There is no OBC to spend. 

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Passenger 1 gets a maximum of $50 off each excursion. If the excursion is $30, you get $30 off. There is no OBC to spend. 

That is what I always thought, that’s why I was asking what the guy meant. I assume he meant the second scenario I presented, but it didn’t read that way.