What’s your fav drink???

PRPLE

Have a couple of cruises booked in 2023.  Just added the have it all to them…. 

so I’m curious do you have a fav drink onboard?  Looking for both boozie ones and not…. 

it’s been a bit since I’ve been back on HAL… as a example I adore the virgin blended mojitos on RCCL…. 

first up is our cruise to hawaii…. Then later in the year a sort of B2B (different ships separated by a day) first thru the Panama Canal… the Alaska!  I’m excited for what 2023 has in store for me!

I had the Pusser’s Painkiller on the NA in March and it was awful. I tried it again a few days later and it was still awful. Not sure why, but I was pretty sad since I used to love those. I went back to my old favorite - Harvey Wallbanger. He never lets me down 😁

• Like 1

Any drink with alcohol is my favourite drink. 😁  I love drinks that are sugary and fruity. I especially love the various martinis that are prepared by the Crows Nest bartenders. All you have to do is describe the flavour of the martini you want, and they come up with a delicious drink.  I rarely drink at home or at restaurants but I make up for it on a cruise. 🍸🍷

• Like 2

I tried whatever I can on the last couple of cruises.  Here are a few favorites (not in order)...

1) Shiso Sour in Tamarind

2) Grasshopper

3) Pusser's Painkiller

4) Chocolate Martini

Others I have tried...

Miami Beach Spritz

Trader Vic's Mai Tai

Emperor's Nectar

Cucumber Mojito

Far East Legacy

Wasabi Cocktail

Miami Vice

Whiskey Smash

Bahama Mama

BBC

Hot Toddy

Delta Blues at BB King's

Boogie Bay Breeze at BB King's 

Harvey Wallbanger

Other 

Edited by saturn93
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ski ww said:

It's called the wang-wang, it's really boozie, any bartender can make it.

Ah yes....a Wang Wang. Yum!  1/4 oz Vodka, 1/4 oz Gin, 1/4 oz White Rum, 1/4 oz Scotch, 1/4 oz Bourbon, 1/4 oz Tequila, 1/4 Triple Sec, 1/4 oz Brandy.
Top it off with Pineapple and Orange Juice and a splash of Grenadine. Whoo hoo!

The photo is my Wang Wang, and my husband's margarita.

L.

wang.jpg

On 11/21/2022 at 3:47 PM, 0106 said:

I can drink Aperol Spritz all day long.  In the evening I switch to Chandon.

A popular sweet milkshake drink last week was a mudslide: vodka, Kailua, Baileys and cream blended with ice.

I thought I had read somewhere that you could ask for a non alcoholic Mudslide but based on your description not quite sure how that would work? 🙂

My wife is not a big alcohol fan, but she absolutely loves the Dirty Banana. She has introduced many cruisers to it and have never found anyone that didn't like it. For me I will simply stick with my Talisker Scotch on the rocks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bwana Tom said:

My wife is not a big alcohol fan, but she absolutely loves the Dirty Banana. She has introduced many cruisers to it and have never found anyone that didn't like it. For me I will simply stick with my Talisker Scotch on the rocks.

Indeed, I learned about the dirty banana on my last (and first) cruise earlier this year on Princess. I was surprised how much I liked it.

Eight years ago there was a large CC following for the Wang Wang drink:

1/4 oz Vodka

1/4 oz Gin

1/4 oz White Rum

1/4 oz Scotch

1/4 oz Bourbon

1/4 oz Tequila

1/4 Triple Sec

1/4 oz Brandy

Top it off with Pineapple and Orange Juice. Add a splash of Grenadine and let the games begin!

16 minutes ago, Crew News said:

Eight years ago there was a large CC following for the Wang Wang drink:

1/4 oz Vodka

1/4 oz Gin

1/4 oz White Rum

1/4 oz Scotch

1/4 oz Bourbon

1/4 oz Tequila

1/4 Triple Sec

1/4 oz Brandy

Top it off with Pineapple and Orange Juice. Add a splash of Grenadine and let the games begin!

How is this different from a Long Island Ice Tea? Sounds yummy!

Just now, LuAnn said:

How is this different from a Long Island Ice Tea? Sounds yummy!

Basically, the mixer.  Long Island Iced tea uses the booze plus a squirt of Coke and some lemon mix so it looks like iced tea.  Wang Wang adds fruit juice (Pineapple and Orange Juice. Add a splash of Grenadine) to the booze.  See the picture in post #15

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bwana Tom said:

My wife is not a big alcohol fan, but she absolutely loves the Dirty Banana. She has introduced many cruisers to it and have never found anyone that didn't like it.

People are not big alcohol fans  should be aware that a dirty banana included rum, banana liqueur and kahula. It may rock the world of a non drinker.

• Haha 1