Drinks in the Suite Lounge

LuCruise

We have a cruise coming up and will have access to the Suite lounge.  Can we go before dinner and have a drink there, and then carry another one out with us to dinner?  Or do they prefer you to only keep the drinks in the lounge?  Trying to decide if we should also bring a couple bottles of wine with us or if it isn't needed.

As another question...any specific "mixed" drinks they can make?

Thanks.

10 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

You'll have to ask the servant(s) in there that - it could vary. The drinks are normally supposed to be consumed in the lounge but very unlikely anyone will stop you from going out with one (or two).

• Like 2

As for one who frequents the suite lounge, I appreciate you using the the present tense "Drinks" rather than the past tense "Drunks". Thanks.

Yes you can carry. They will make just about anything you want.

Edited by neverbeenhere
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Pre-covid, you could only get what they brought into the lounge on the mobile bar.

Post-covid, depends on the ship. If the lounge has a fixed bar, then you get the suite bar menu. If not you can order anything that the bar next door can pour, which is about anything.

And yes you can take drinks out of the lounge. We do it every night, taking one to dinner with us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

We have a cruise coming up and will have access to the Suite lounge.  Can we go before dinner and have a drink there, and then carry another one out with us to dinner?  Or do they prefer you to only keep the drinks in the lounge?  Trying to decide if we should also bring a couple bottles of wine with us or if it isn't needed.

I have never had a problem with taking a drink to go from the suite lounge. 

I've never tried to order any exotic mixed drink but every thing I have ordered, from an appletini to rum old fashioned they have been able to provide. 

However, like many things with Royal Caribbean, it can be ship or class of ship specific.  It might help if you said what ship you will be on then maybe you can get some more specific answers. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 2

Thank you for the replies!  Sounds like we are good to take a drink with us to dinner.

This is on Liberty.

I've seen an old list for the lounges.  All I can think of is "baileys on the rocks" or "vodka and cranberry juice" (or DH likes scotch on the rocks), and of course a glass of wine is nice.  If anyone has any other suggestions let me know for simple drinks if it's just what is on that list.  

Edited by LuCruise

16 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thank you for the replies!  Sounds like we are good to take a drink with us to dinner.

This is on Liberty.

I've seen an old list for the lounges.  All I can think of is "baileys on the rocks" or "vodka and cranberry juice" (or DH likes scotch on the rocks), and of course a glass of wine is nice.  If anyone has any other suggestions let me know for simple drinks if it's just what is on that list.  

Liberty's "suite" lounge is the old concierge lounge, so they typically use the VCL (whatever it is called on Liberty) for anything beyond the basics.

4 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Liberty's "suite" lounge is the old concierge lounge, so they typically use the VCL (whatever it is called on Liberty) for anything beyond the basics.

From the deck plans, VCL is in between the Suite Lounge and Diamond Club on Liberty.

So does that mean we can get full drinks from the Suite Lounge?

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

That has been our experience in the past.

That's great to hear.  Won't be disappointed if we can't when we go , but definitely a bonus if we can order anything.  Thanks for letting us know it worked for you.

6 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

From the deck plans, VCL is in between the Suite Lounge and Diamond Club on Liberty.

We have not sailed on Liberty since the shutdown but that was our experience.  

My honest recommendation --- order what you want and they will tell you if it is not available.  Give them the opportunity to say no is my approach shipboard. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Give them the opportunity to say no is my approach shipboard. 

As a former bartender, the three words I dreaded the most were, “can you make”. Always replied “sure” and then dove for the bartender’s guide - and prayed.🤔

• Haha 2

The bartenders seemed willing to make whatever folks wanted -- probably within their ability to get the necessary ingredients relatively quickly.

We saw people get drinks in very large thermoses and take them out completely full.  However, on past cruises, I've seen the concierge tell people not to take drinks out of the lounge and seen signs to this effect (not on this past cruise).  I suggest asking the concierge on the first day and then you'll know. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I have never had a problem with taking a drink to go from the suite lounge. 

I've never tried to order any exotic mixed drink but every thing I have ordered, from an appletini to rum old fashioned they have been able to provide. 

However, like many things with Royal Caribbean, it can be ship or class of ship specific.  It might help if you said what ship you will be on then maybe you can get some more specific answers. 

Virtually impossible to get a frozen drink in an Oasis ship SL. No bars nearby, and no blender in lounge

• Like 2

6 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Pre-covid, you could only get what they brought into the lounge on the mobile bar.

Post-covid, depends on the ship. If the lounge has a fixed bar, then you get the suite bar menu. If not you can order anything that the bar next door can pour, which is about anything.

And yes you can take drinks out of the lounge. We do it every night, taking one to dinner with us.

Pre-covid or Post-covid,  I have never had a problem when asking the first night for specific brand of liquor to be brought in, if the actually have on the ship, nothing exotic.  9 out of 10 time the bartender will bring a bottle the next night.

4 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Yes, they will get it from the bar.

5 hours ago, LuCruise said:

This is on Liberty.

The suite lounge is right near a major bar which can usually make anything. Mud slide, or coffee martini .. once I wanted a riesling wine they didnt have there, but the Mdr had. So once I couldnt get something there. 

1 hour ago, cruisegus said:

Pre-covid or Post-covid,  I have never had a problem when asking the first night for specific brand of liquor to be brought in, if the actually have on the ship, nothing exotic.  9 out of 10 time the bartender will bring a bottle the next night.

I was able to do this once, but the rest of the time they said they couldn't bring anything in. 

5 hours ago, ggo85 said:

The bartenders seemed willing to make whatever folks wanted -- probably within their ability to get the necessary ingredients relatively quickly.

We saw people get drinks in very large thermoses and take them out completely full.  However, on past cruises, I've seen the concierge tell people not to take drinks out of the lounge and seen signs to this effect (not on this past cruise).  I suggest asking the concierge on the first day and then you'll know. 

Wait...What ??? You've seen people filling up their "thermos" with alcohol beverages in the lounge?

This is a new one ... I can't imagine some doing that !!!! Crazy !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Deez123 said:

This highly offensive.   They are not “servants”’.  They are waiters, and waitresses.  Shameful to refer to them as servants!

One can report a post via the three dots in the upper right.

Biker, who was correct in his assumption that someone would be "triggered" by the mention of a person in the employ of a company and subject to the direction of said company.

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The suite lounge is right near a major bar which can usually make anything. Mud slide, or coffee martini .. once I wanted a riesling wine they didnt have there, but the Mdr had. So once I couldnt get something there. 

Not the case with suite lounges on all ships. Oasis class ships do not have any other bars near them. I get the OP is discussing a different class ship but I don’t want unfamiliar cruisers thinking this is the same across all ships.

• Like 1