Drinks in the Suite Lounge

LuCruise

7 minutes ago, Spurschick said:

Not the case with suite lounges on all ships. Oasis class ships do not have any other bars near them. I get the OP is discussing a different class ship but I don’t want unfamiliar cruisers thinking this is the same across all ships.

She specifically asked about liberty which I've done quite a few times. I was answering the OPs question rather than some generic answer. 

See OP is on liberty. ... 

"

From the deck plans, VCL is in between the Suite Lounge and Diamond Club on Liberty.

So does that mean we can get full drinks from the Suite Lounge?"

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

She specifically asked about liberty which I've done quite a few times. I was answering the OPs question rather than some generic answer. 

See OP is on liberty. ... 

"

From the deck plans, VCL is in between the Suite Lounge and Diamond Club on Liberty.

So does that mean we can get full drinks from the Suite Lounge?"

Which is why I said OP is on a different class of ship. I was stating  that this is not the case across all the fleet.

The thread title of Suite Lounge can be misconstrued if people think all class ships are the same.

The title was not ship specific, until post 7. I was just trying to clarify the difference between ships.

Edited by Spurschick
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, SG65CB said:

You can also go back to the suite lounge after dinner, have another drink, and carry one with you to the evening show. 

Oohh...nice idea!

OP here.  Yes, in our case I was asking specifically about Liberty.  Guess my title was generic as didn't realize that it varied among the ships.  Appreciate the responses.

Edited by LuCruise

3 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I’m on it now. Is there something you want me to check out in the suite lounge?

If you have a chance, can you find out whether they have a blender that can make frozen cocktails either in the lounge or on the sun deck? Asking for a friend😇🍷

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

If you have a chance, can you find out whether they have a blender that can make frozen cocktails either in the lounge or on the sun deck? Asking for a friend😇🍷

Sure I’ll ask at lunch today. It’s a beautiful lounge and suite area. I’m sorry this cruise was shortened to 6 days. I’m totally spoiled now. 

11 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Sure I’ll ask at lunch today. It’s a beautiful lounge and suite area. I’m sorry this cruise was shortened to 6 days. I’m totally spoiled now. 

Our first cruises on her are a B2B in January, and we are looking forward to being spoiled😉

On 11/29/2022 at 9:49 PM, SG65CB said:

You can also go back to the suite lounge after dinner, have another drink, and carry one with you to the evening show. 

You can go back to SL and get a drink if it is during happy hour, usually 5-8pm.

Now I have a question, can't find the answer to.  In Diamond lounge, each drink counts toward your voucher, right?  But in Suite Lounge, are you limited?  Or could you have 2 or three drinks before dinner and then later on use the drinks on your Diamond Plus voucher elsewhere?  Trying specifically to decide if Royal Up is really worth the bid up to Grand Suite.  All I figure you get is Suite Lounge access and Coastal Kitchen, right??

1 minute ago, BecciBoo said:

Now I have a question, can't find the answer to.  In Diamond lounge, each drink counts toward your voucher, right?  But in Suite Lounge, are you limited?  Or could you have 2 or three drinks before dinner and then later on use the drinks on your Diamond Plus voucher elsewhere?  Trying specifically to decide if Royal Up is really worth the bid up to Grand Suite.  All I figure you get is Suite Lounge access and Coastal Kitchen, right??

If you're in a suite and drinking in the suite lounge, you don't use vouchers.

• Thanks 1

On 11/29/2022 at 9:01 AM, DaKahuna said:

We have not sailed on Liberty since the shutdown but that was our experience.  

My honest recommendation --- order what you want and they will tell you if it is not available.  Give them the opportunity to say no is my approach shipboard. 

Spot on, we were on Wonder last week and more than once I heard the SL bartender send somebody to get a mixer, alcohol, or ingredient from another part of the ship.  It was a little funny to hear her try to explain to a porter what Angry Orchard was.  

4 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Free drinks, no vouchers, in SL from 5-8pm if I recall correctly.  Lots of DIA & PINS at the bar and lounge until the "witching hour" then they all clear out.  We tried not to go in SL until 7:30 PM and eat after 8:00 PM after it got quite.    

On 11/29/2022 at 11:11 AM, orville99 said:

I wonder if that will be different on Wonder, given the redesigned/repositioned Sun Deck and Lounge. I guess we will find out in January.🍷

We were on Wonder last week.  I can't recall a blender in the lounge but there is one on the Sun Deck.  The SL bartender sent the porters to other parts of the ship more than once for alcohol and/or ingredients she didn't have.  The Sun Deck bar is only up one deck from SL.  I can't recall how late it's open but we were having a cocktail there and watching the aqua theater show around 10:00 PM one night when he made "last call."  It was a great location in the evening as nobody seemed to be there after dark.   

20 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Trying specifically to decide if Royal Up is really worth the bid up to Grand Suite.  All I figure you get is Suite Lounge access and Coastal Kitchen, right??

You receive all of the same benefits as any other full Sky suite guest. One of our favorite perks is free in suite dining from the MDR menu.

If you are on an Oasis class ship, the bar in the lounge is usually open from 11AM-11PM for whatever drinks you want.

Edited by orville99

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

If you are on an Oasis class ship, the bar in the lounge is usually open from 11AM-11PM for whatever drinks you want.

I thought it was beer, wine, and soda only, with mixed drinks only available during Happy Hour?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I thought it was beer, wine, and soda only, with mixed drinks only available during Happy Hour?

Our experience on both Allure and Harmony has been the ability to order whatever we wanted from the suite bar as suite guests (except for frozen drinks - those two didn't have a blender). Have not sailed on Oasis since 2017, so I really don't remember much from that ship. We haven't sailed on any Quantum class ships yet, so no suite lounge experience from that class, and we don't sail on Wonder until January, so no experience there either.

Just now, orville99 said:

Our experience on both Allure and Harmony has been the ability to order whatever we wanted from the suite bar as suite guests (except for frozen drinks - those two didn't have a blender). Have not sailed on Oasis since 2017, so I really don't remember much from that ship. We haven't sailed on any Quantum class ships yet, so no suite lounge experience from that class, and we don't sail on Wonder until January, so no experience there either.

The Oasis class is different than the Quantum class.  We sailed on Quantum this past August and September and drinks were served only during happy hour in the suite lounge.  It was a full drink service -- enjoyed everything from my wife's Tanqueray 10 and Cranberry to my long island ice teas.  

Guess I'll find out for sure when we sail on Harmony in February.  Hoping you are correct and I'd much prefer a mid-day Kettle One and diet tonic than a cold beer. 

4 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

The Oasis class is different than the Quantum class.  We sailed on Quantum this past August and September and drinks were served only during happy hour in the suite lounge.  It was a full drink service -- enjoyed everything from my wife's Tanqueray 10 and Cranberry to my long island ice teas.  

Guess I'll find out for sure when we sail on Harmony in February.  Hoping you are correct and I'd much prefer a mid-day Kettle One and diet tonic than a cold beer. 

That was not the case this past spring on both Harmony and Symphony.  They follow same rules as Oasis.  Cocktail comped only during Happy Hour

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That was not the case this past spring on both Harmony and Symphony.  They follow same rules as Oasis.  Cocktail comped only during Happy Hour

This was my understanding as well.  Only full service free drinks during Happy Hour.