Medallion Medallion....do I really need to have this on the ship????

Kelownabccan

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

Not upset at all with the opinions only the name calling, nasty comments,  and tin hat references which aren't called for.

You only got upset because you thought that comment - which you reported and had removed - was about you. Most of us here recognized it as a general comment about people who live in a perpetual state of anxiety over being watched by "Big Brother". That you instantly believed that it was directed at you says much more about you than about the poster or anyone else here. 

On 12/13/2022 at 1:01 PM, cruzsnooze said:

You can get a regular cruise card at guest relations if you wish. I use the medallion only to unlock my cabin door. I keep it in an RFID credit card sleeve because I hate the idea of being tracked every minute. The credit card sleeves do indeed block the signal and costs less then 25 cents.

Um, no you can't get a regular cruise card.  I tried this July,  but was informed at the desk that they no longer do that.  (Wanted one to continue my collection.)

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

.  Who really needs to know how long I take in the bathroom or the pool or elsewhere?

No one needs to know that,  so no one is going to track that sort of information. 

Out of interest, does your car have GPS (sat nav)? Do you disable it every time you drive ?

Edited by wowzz

1 hour ago, PTMary said:

You only got upset because you thought that comment - which you reported and had removed - was about you. Most of us here recognized it as a general comment about people who live in a perpetual state of anxiety over being watched by "Big Brother". That you instantly believed that it was directed at you says much more about you than about the poster or anyone else here. 

I always find it disturbing how some people on these discussions, as this one has demonstrated so effectively, feel that their opinions are so important that they must be dispensed while at the same time criticizing the opinions of others that they don't agree with to the point that they report those opinions to have them removed. SMH.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, UpcountryTravelers said:

Um, no you can't get a regular cruise card.  I tried this July,  but was informed at the desk that they no longer do that.  (Wanted one to continue my collection.)

You can get one but you have to surrender your medallion. If you have a pacemaker it's advised you don't use the medallion because of the magnet. Didn't they offer you the cruise card if you gave them the medallion, you can't keep both.

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

But don't you like to take photo's on the cruise? Having a phone serves a lot of functions. 

I have a really nice small and very easy to use camera that takes great HD video and still pictures. 

Edited by davekathy

10 hours ago, UpcountryTravelers said:

8 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

You can get one but you have to surrender your medallion. If you have a pacemaker it's advised you don't use the medallion because of the magnet. Didn't they offer you the cruise card if you gave them the medallion, you can't keep both.

You can if you tell them it was lost. 😁

7 hours ago, davekathy said:

I have a really nice small and very easy to use camera that takes great HD video and still pictures. 

Most people also have an old one and but long since retired it only to ne replaced by their multi purpose phone. 

Then again the camera can't easily be tracked. 

On 12/13/2022 at 10:10 PM, ldtr said:

then explain why the rest of us are wrong when we find the concern about tracking to be an over reaction.

After all there are plenty of information about where one goes on a cruise ship with or without medallion.

Being tracked.jpg

15 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Looks like the old priority line will be getting busy again. 😁

I think the priority lines for elites, platinums and full suites have gone away to be replaced with Green, Blue and Yellow lines that everyone goes through no matter what their CC status is.

11 hours ago, UpcountryTravelers said:

And for people with pacemakers that are advised not to use the Medallion?

1 hour ago, caribill said:

I think the priority lines for elites, platinums and full suites have gone away to be replaced with Green, Blue and Yellow lines that everyone goes through no matter what their CC status is.

I was thinking about the priority line at the Pass Serv. desk.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, sloopsailor said:

I always find it disturbing how some people on these discussions, as this one has demonstrated so effectively, feel that their opinions are so important that they must be dispensed while at the same time criticizing the opinions of others that they don't agree with to the point that they report those opinions to have them removed. SMH.

Such as one's opinions regarding tipping, masks, and certain diseases?

• Like 1

Wow....the banter keeps on going.....my quick question seems to have caused lots of thoughts.....anyways how do I get this thread closed now.....since poor "OLD" me started it...lol

My question has been answered....on to better things....is there a moderator to stop this???

• Haha 2

Currently “Green Lane” for both DW and myself.

I tried to access Medallion Net to purchase wifi to obtain the discount (Elite). 

No Luck.  Also, I tried several early this times week.  Not successful.

Has anyone else been able to purchase wifi recently?

Also, I cannot order our medallions.  Any ideas what happening?  John

49 minutes ago, Kelownabccan said:

Wow....the banter keeps on going.....my quick question seems to have caused lots of thoughts.....anyways how do I get this thread closed now.....since poor "OLD" me started it...lol

My question has been answered....on to better things....is there a moderator to stop this???

Go up to the right hand corner where the ... are.

Click on Report

You will have options (do this on your post #67

2 hours ago, Kelownabccan said:

Why don't you stop reading the thread? 

• Haha 2

On 12/14/2022 at 12:06 PM, ldubs said:

BTW, one feature of the medallion app is the ability to send texts to each other while on board.    

I've always felt that this option was basically useless since there is NO notification of any type that you have received a message...unless this has changed within the past month.

1 minute ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I've always felt that this option was basically useless since there is NO notification of any type that you have received a message...unless this has changed within the past month.

It's very frustrating that they didn't include a notification so we switched to WhatsApp last cruise. It works great for texting and phone calls.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

on android I get a banner notice just like I do for a new text or email.

1 minute ago, ldtr said:

on android I get a banner notice just like I do for a new text or email.

I noticed that my Android app was updated about a week ago...perhaps they have finally fixed this!  If so, this feature should be MUCH more useful.  I last cruised in October 2022 and it still did not notify.

7 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

NO notification?   The message icon shows an incoming.  There is no ring or chime, which might be a good thing for our fellow passengers.    I would prefer something on the Home Screen (or whatever it is called) instead of having to open the app to see a message notice.   But I wouldn't categorize it as useless.  Your mileage obviously varies from mine.