Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

17 hours ago, cruisedoctor said:

But, The Butcher’s Block and The Catch have yet to prove themselves.

Neither have Kai Sushi or the Umai Teppanyaki. But both of those places have pretty elaborate build-outs. Especially Umai. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pixelskaya said:

Off topic, but Kellogg’s cereals were developed as an anaphrodisiac! John Harvey Kellogg was a crazy Adventist obsessed with controlling people’s sex drives through food, so steer away from those corn flakes during the cruise 😂 

Thanks, Maya. You have now ruined Tori Amos’ song “Cornflake Girl” for the rest of my life! 🤣

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Vinnyv20032003 said:

For those onboard currently, is the ship's time following along with the time zone of the ports? Thank you

Yes the ship time is updating to match local times of the destinations. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nekosabre said:

Yes the ship time is updating to match local times of the destinations. 

My experience is unlike other lines, Princess always changes to match local time. And on some itineraries, it means lots of changes. On a 19-night Pacific partial Panama Canal cruse in 2019, after leaving Los Angeles (GMT-7/Pacific Daylight), we went forward two hours to GMT-5/Central Daylight for two Mexican ports, then back an hour to GMT-6 for Guatemala, then ahead an hour to GMT-5 for Panama (even though no port call), back to GMT-6 for Costa Rica and Nicaragua, forward to GMT-5 for another Mexian port, and finally back to hours to GMT-7 for the return to Los Angeles.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cdude said:

Can someone on board please tell us how the temperature is on board? It’s going to be in the 60’s as a high next week, so I was not planning on taking shorts. If the boat is warm, I will revisit that plan.

TIA!

Unless packing shorts means a completely different wardrobe from long pants, I would pack a pair or two just in case. As they say better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 2

For those who are on board, is there a specific bar that is more wine-centric than the others, serving as a poor substitute for Vines, or are all of the bars the same (which, if following the pattern of other ships, means that you have to have a frustrating conversation with the bartenders to figure out exactly what wines each bar is featuring.) 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Does anyone know what the numbers in the red diamonds are describing?

IMG_0833.jpeg.277464bf7d97c35ce5806e2ff5cb97c0.jpeg

Is this the whole menu for dinner with only a few options for starter and main and just one dessert? I hope there is much more to choose from for the steep $45 cover charge?

33 minutes ago, Meldrum said:

Is this the whole menu for dinner with only a few options for starter and main and just one dessert? I hope there is much more to choose from for the steep $45 cover charge?

If like me you drink wine it includes “vino rosso”…for me the meal with wine at $45 is a good deal. While the Caymus Winemakers dinner has more upscale food & wine it also comes with a $140 fee plus 18% tip which is now added to specialty dining.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

If like me you drink wine it includes “vino rosso”…for me the meal with wine at $45 is a good deal. While the Caymus Winemakers dinner has more upscale food & wine it also comes with a $140 fee plus 18% tip which is now added to specialty dining.

But if you have the drink package the wine is a moot point.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Globaler said:

True..however me & others do not have the drink package so it’s a valid point for us.

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

We have the premier package because we like better wines at dinner as well. Maybe I misread the menu and you do not need to make choices, but it’s a fixed menu with all the items? Then the $45 makes much more sense. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Globaler said:

That is, unless you plan on drinking more than the max of 15 drinks per day. 😄

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bandp407 said:

Find it hard to believe, but just heard on utube that there is no live music on the Sun Princess!! 

Not sure what this person considers live music. Saw a video of Crooners with a 3 piece band. Another video with a I think a 6 piece band and singer in the Piazza doing a Whiney Houston montage,

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bandp407 said:

Find it hard to believe, but just heard on utube that there is no live music on the Sun Princess!! 

But there was a video on this thread of the musicians in the Irish Pub.

Unless Princess has some amazing Disney animatronics they were definitely human and playing/singing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

21 hours ago, jwattle said:

It's one of the Main Dining Rooms 🙂

excellent so I can't wait to get on the ship.

Sun will be my 2nd new ship as I am doing ICON of the seas in May.  Funny each ship has a dome in the front of their ship but for different purposes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chamima said:

But there was a video on this thread of the musicians in the Irish Pub.

Unless Princess has some amazing Disney animatronics they were definitely human and playing/singing.

they have the usual live music but at this point no production type shows as venues are not ready including Spellbound.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

For those who are on board, is there a specific bar that is more wine-centric than the others, serving as a poor substitute for Vines, or are all of the bars the same (which, if following the pattern of other ships, means that you have to have a frustrating conversation with the bartenders to figure out exactly what wines each bar is featuring.) 

No Vines?

May as well be on the ancient Island Princess where I spent a miserable 28 days in December. Other than in the steakhouse (Bayou) the quality of beef on board was terrible. ....No Vines there and no International Cafe, it was replaced with additional cabins. 

Do I feel the hand of the "Carnival Suits & Accountants, more and more??

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Does anyone know what the numbers in the red diamonds are describing?

IMG_0833.jpeg.277464bf7d97c35ce5806e2ff5cb97c0.jpeg

Someone currently on the Sun posted on FB that the numbers coordinate to a "map" of where on the cow the cuts are taken.  Like a "butchers map" 

• Thanks 2

My dining tip:   If you have a Deck 6 Horizons 5 o clock seating.   Show up early the first day and ask for a back window view.   4:50 they open the doors.  The back of the dining room is a way better experience than the sides.  Ask the hostess if you can reserve the table for the week.   You may want to do the same on deck 7.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

36 minutes ago, bandp407 said:

Haters on youtube gonna hate...and lie😁

• Like 2

On 3/2/2024 at 7:41 AM, Easyrider949 said:

We are in 10428 currently and we can hear the loud piazza Music past midnight the last two nights. It sounds like we are staying in an apartment over a bar in Paris or Amsterdam. Hopefully, when they open up the sphere it will reduce the noise.

We’ll be staying in 11438. Do you think one floor above you would make a difference in the noise level?

• Like 2