alcohol in suite

vistaman

If booked at a Penthouse or above Suite category, no need to wait for boarding.  Butler service is included.  So---

On Regent's website--

For a guest's particular Booking:  Go to "Manage This Booking".  Then, "Butler Service" tab.  Then, "Customize".  List of alcohol will appear, amongst other precruise preferences.  Bottles of same will be in the Suite upon one's arrival.  In addition--we ask Butler for the wine list.  Usually order one white; one red bottle.  Those arrive within a few hours.  

GOARMY!

15 hours ago, vistaman said:

simply could not consider to book it as a single at 100 % single sup

So this statements impies you did not book the cruise with Regent, right?

From my experience, and I haven't sailed yet, but if you book early (like a year or more in advance), you don't end up paying 100% single supplement, if the cruise has a special singles rate. The lowest I've seen is 25%; my current booking the single supplement was about 44.5%  (because it's a long sailing).

2 hours ago, GOARMY said:

If booked at a Penthouse or above Suite category, no need to wait for boarding.  

We always request our favorite spirits in our cabin ahead of time and we have never sailed in Penthouse or above Suite category. Can't remember the specifics, but we have done it online. They are always there waiting for us when we board. 

7 hours ago, SireDoime said:

So this statements impies you did not book the cruise with Regent, right?

From my experience, and I haven't sailed yet, but if you book early (like a year or more in advance), you don't end up paying 100% single supplement, if the cruise has a special singles rate. The lowest I've seen is 25%; my current booking the single supplement was about 44.5%  (because it's a long sailing).

yes i did book a Caribbean cruise for March 2023 and another for February 2024

at 25 % single sup  - i find the maximum acceptable 50% 

however i paid once 100% on Cunard but that was a very stupid (extremely low )   cruise fare 

• Thanks 1

On 12/28/2022 at 5:36 PM, GOARMY said:

If booked at a Penthouse or above Suite category, no need to wait for boarding.  Butler service is included.  So---

On Regent's website--

For a guest's particular Booking:  Go to "Manage This Booking".  Then, "Butler Service" tab.  Then, "Customize".  List of alcohol will appear, amongst other precruise preferences.  Bottles of same will be in the Suite upon one's arrival.  In addition--we ask Butler for the wine list.  Usually order one white; one red bottle.  Those arrive within a few hours.  

GOARMY!

On our last cruise I'm not sure our butler read that as the fridge was stocked with standard items, the two bottles of booze however were correct.  He did remedy that by days end.

Curious as we are going on a 32 cruise AKL to BALI, will they restock the two bottles in the room after we consume them?  I would assume they would but just asking.  My bottle of scotch probably won't make it that long.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

Curious as we are going on a 32 cruise AKL to BALI, will they restock the two bottles in the room after we consume them?  I would assume they would but just asking.  My bottle of scotch probably won't make it that long.

I am sure they will, in fact i would be surprised if they didn't replace them as soon as they see them empty or near empty whether you have the chance to ask them or not. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

Yes they restock, as many times is necessary. You don't even have to ask, as a bottle got towards the bottom our Butler refreshed it with a new bottle.

• Like 1

We are in a regular suite and the liquor is replaced when near empty as are mixers by our room steward, no asking it just happens. Also a fresh bucket of ice for our afternoon drinks is placed in the cabin at 4pm by the duty steward. So we always have ice when we get back from a tour. Regent is big on service and does try hard to please which ever ship you are own We have been on the newest and oldest this month. The service is great on both.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, jeb_bud said:

In my experience, 1 liter. 

Not always 1 liter.  When we were on Navigator in June-July, my bottle was replaced the firs time liter for liter (it was a 40 night cruise) but I ran short about 4 days from the end of the cruise and they replaced it with a 750 ml (fifth).   I didn't open it, but the Cabin Steward said that once it's in you cabin they can't restock it so I took it with me as we were staying in England with friends for a week.  

I think the size of the bottle may be connected with how many days are left, but not sure. Could have been an anomaly that I got a fifth at the end of the cruise.

We asked for and received that evening after dinner- Woodford Reserve (thought it would be bourbon, but was Rye)- 1 liter, and Hendricks which was 750 ml.

Both made it home with us.

We just always drank the champagne in the room, which was restocked when empty(once or twice we had to request it, but it was always provided in a timely fashion.