The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday December 31st, 2022

rafinmd

Good evening.  We are enjoying a quiet evening at home watching old movies among other things while waiting for 2023 to arrive.  Dinner tonight was teriyaki glazed salmon with asparagus and mashed potatoes.  So far, we've heard very few fireworks, which is fine with me.

This afternoon turned out to be very nice.  After finally cleaning the motorhome, I took advantage of the warm temperatures and got more leaves out of the port in spite of the wind blowing more leaves our way.  DH and I took a golf cart ride and visited with some of the neighbors.  I even had time to sit outside and read.

11 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all and Happy New Year's Eve!  We have our champagne chilling, and plan on getting Italian take-out tonight.  I won't be staying up until midnight unless the fireworks keep me awake though.  I'll pass on the meal, not a fan of mushrooms in any form. 😉  

Yesterday we finally met with the owner of the tree service that will be taking down the last 2 large Cottonwoods behind our house.  I'll be so glad when they're gone and I won't have to worry anymore about a tree coming down on our house.  No more waiting on HOA.  It won't be cheap, but is within the range we expected and very much worth it.  He said they may be able to get out here this week (they've been extremely busy with all the bad weather we've had).  My neighbor (the one whose house was hit by the tree) is having a couple taken down at the same time.

Gerry @ger_77my sincere condolences to you and your family on the deaths of your DH's aunt, your cousin, and your son's DW's grandmother.  So much in one day.  😞  

Melissa @HAL Sailerprayers that your DSIL can have a peaceful transition and prayers for you and your DH.

Sandi @StLouisCruisersthank you for the link to the thread with photos of our port of the day.  We'll (hopefully) be there on the Grand Australia so I really enjoyed the photos.

Carolyn, I'm glad you and your neighbor are getting the problem trees removed.

9 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning on this last day of 2022!  Happy New Year to all my Daily friends. Rich @richwmn, thank you for the Daily and Fleet report. I thought your comment was spot on.  Thanks to everyone who posts here, I won’t list names because I’ll probably miss someone, but just know how much I appreciate everyone. 

DGD came over last night and is still sleeping. I’m not sure if she’s staying tonight. Our son ended up getting really sick after catching it from his girlfriend’s daughter. He ended up going to urgent care and tested positive for the flu. They recommended eucalyptus oil and Craig went searching for it, thank goodness one drugstore knew which location stocked it. Anyway, DS said it was a miracle and has really helped him breathe easier, especially when sleeping. 

Rest In Peace Pope Benedict and Barbara Walters. Gerry @ger_77, I am so sorry for your losses in your family. Yesterday must have been very stressful. @HAL Sailer, I’m sorry to hear about your DSIL and prayers for her peaceful passing. 

Joy @Seasick Sailor, great news about the laundry!  How is your thumb?  Did you lose the nail?  Ouch. 

I will pass on the meal suggestion even though I love mushrooms, I just prefer them all by themselves or stuffed. I’ll celebrate champagne and have a bottle of sparkling wine that I need to get in the fridge. 

Have a great day everyone!

Sharon, I'm sorry your DS got such a bad case of the flu.  I hope he is better soon.

8 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Happy New Year from the Noordam

We had  a wonderful New Year’s Eve party last nite at the midship pool. They had cleared out all the loungers and set the band up at the far end of the pool. Had 3 large screen TVs doing the countdown. Lot of fun. I am sure it went on for long after we left! 
    Well today is the dreaded pack up day . We disembark in the morning( Monday) for the long journey home. 
    We were in Tonga for 2 days on this trip. It is a great port and the people are so warm and welcoming.  When I get home I am going to try posting pictures. 
  You are all in thoughts and prayers, and especially those that are experiencing heartaches right now. 
     My very best wishes for a happy, healthy and safe New Year!

Charlene

Charlene, it sounds like New Year's Eve was a lot of fun.  Safe travels home.

Wishing all the Dailyites where ever you are a very HAPPY NEW YEAR, and I hope 2023 is a good year for everyone.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lazey1 said:

My thermostat decided to go blank and the soonest I can get someone out will be tomorrow at 10am.

@lazey1 An idea: Could it be a battery that has failed? Our thermostat screen first flashes WEAK BATTERY for awhile and then goes completely blank when the battery gives out. 

-Melisa

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Happy New Year!

DH has been home since 2:00 PM yesterday and he's doing well. Yesterday we had a bit of a problem doing the first transfer from the wheelchair to the power recliner but no more - he's a pro at it. This morning we got him up, cleaned up, and in the kitchen for breakfast in 15 minutes. That's as good as we did before he had the issues! 

It's so easy for people to become "institutionalized" when they are in rehab/care facilities especially those that don't have company. That was a small part of the reason I was there daily. I wanted to be and it was good for him. I noticed he had the tendencies to this but he's come out of it quite nicely. He's talking away, carrying on a conversation as much as he can, and making his wishes known. 

We started 2022 with MRSA and doing infusions for a month. We're starting 2023 with deep tissue injuries and doing dressings. This has to be a pattern I want to stop! 

Thanks to all who listen to me and let me rant at times. Sometimes you were the only ones I could talk to. 

Happy New Year!

Karen

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

• I rarely post but read every day. You don’t know me but I feel I know many of you. You are a wonderful group. I enjoy the cruise info and postings. But most of all I love hearing about your daily lives, ups and downs, families and pets. I love seeing all the photos you post of the above.

• Thank you to @richwmnfor keeping this going, to @rafinmdfor the lists, to the food and beverage folks - regular and temporary. Thanks to all of you for making this a lovely place to visit. It really feels like a kind and supportive neighborhood.

• Have a happy, healthy, safe 2023.
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

🐇 🐇 🐇

Watching the New Year come in in Dallas.  They celebrate with fireworks coming out of the top of Reunion Tower near downtown.  There is also a lighted display by a great many drones.  It was more spectacular than the ball drop in NYC, and lasted about 10 minutes.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 10