New MDR menus yet?

Not sure if this has been introduced yet, and not sure which ships are "test markets"....but anyone see the new menus yet?   

As always, I see the term "improvements" and "enhancements" as code names for "cost cutting".   Thus I don't seem to have high expectations for this change.  😬

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, island lady said:

Not sure if this has been introduced yet, and not sure which ships are "test markets"....but anyone see the new menus yet?   

The menu can be seen in the app on Symphony. A quick check on the other O class - they seem to have the old/current menus.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The menu can be seen in the app on Symphony. A quick check on the other O class - they seem to have the old/current menus.

Is that the actual going forward menu or still the test one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

Is that the actual going forward menu or still the test one.

It's what's listed in the app for the current sailing - not sure anyone but RCI knows what will happen on future sailings.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was told by RC that the new "permanent" menus were starting Jan 1 and looking at Symphony, the menus do look slightly different from what I remember seeing on the test menu.  It appears that the strip steak and some kind of Bolognese are shown nightly, whereas, they weren't on the test menu.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The current sailing shows the old/current menu - app doesn't seem to have the menu loaded for the next sailing.

Thanks...I was finally able to pull up the app for our sailing on the 6th.   Indeed...same old same old...but that may not be a bad thing.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

I was told by RC that the new "permanent" menus were starting Jan 1 and looking at Symphony, the menus do look slightly different from what I remember seeing on the test menu.  It appears that the strip steak and some kind of Bolognese are shown nightly, whereas, they weren't on the test menu.

That is good news. 

I'll guess that the kids menu is still in place?  Pasta and grilled  chicken  were available on that menu. I've ordered both a few times.  Sliced  the chicken, added it to the pasta and  a delicious dinner was created.  Or slice the chicken and add to Caesar salad. 

Lately, I've abandoned the main courses and just ordered a few  salad/appetizers.  

• Like 3

The Thanksgiving sailing on Symphony was the first sailing that introduced the new menu. I was on that sailing and did see that the menu every night was different, but I never tried it because I had the dining package and ate at specialty restaurants every night. I thought the menus looked fine though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

That's a plus if it's standard on the new menu.

• Like 2

Just checked out the Symphony menu and I like the themes most nights like the Windjammer.  Also there seems to be an Indian entrée every night which I love. You would hope however that the lobster at 16.99 would be larger and better than the one which used to be included. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am not sure how I feel about this change.  There have been several times when nothing about the  menu appealed to me,  and I ordered from the standard (every night) menu.  I am not happy to hear that these will go away and the menu will always vary.  I am concerned that I will run into the problem of not liking anything.  Not a fan of strip steak or anything Bolognese.  I hope I can still order 2-3 appetizers instead.

I am pretty sure no one ever starved on a cruise ship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rvlandandsea said:

Just checked out the Symphony menu and I like the themes most nights like the Windjammer.  Also there seems to be an Indian entrée every night which I love. You would hope however that the lobster at 16.99 would be larger and better than the one which used to be included. 

Supposedly, the $16.99 is for an off the menu Maine lobster tail and pay the same price for a 2nd lobster on lobster night.  Hopefully, someone sill comment on the size and texture of.

1 hour ago, rvlandandsea said:

Is my understanding that a lobster tail will still be included on US sailings of seven nights or longer.    

additional lobster tails will have an additional charge. 
m

• Like 1

I have a friend on the Enchantment right now, and I asked her about this.  Specifically the previous "always available" grilled salmon entrée.  She and I both use it as our go-to if we are not interested in the other offerings.  She said special requests are still encouraged, the salmon is still available, and she and I made a request for the crab cakes every night on a cruise last September.  If you give your waiter some notice (assuming here you have the same waiter going forward), they can accommodate your request.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Supposedly, the $16.99 is for an off the menu Maine lobster tail and pay the same price for a 2nd lobster on lobster night.  Hopefully, someone sill comment on the size and texture of.

Is there an added 18% added?

21 minutes ago, pcur said:

I have a friend on the Enchantment right now, and I asked her about this.  Specifically the previous "always available" grilled salmon entrée.  She and I both use it as our go-to if we are not interested in the other offerings.  She said special requests are still encouraged, the salmon is still available, and she and I made a request for the crab cakes every night on a cruise last September.  If you give your waiter some notice (assuming here you have the same waiter going forward), they can accommodate your request.

EN doesn't have the new menus yet.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, pcur said:

Same thing for me.   If I don't like the offerings of the night...the Salmon on the classics menu is my go to.   I do flip it over and scrape the dark section off....which is where most of the possible fishy taste comes from.  

Bucky heads to the Strip Steak.  He loves it.  

• Like 1

Just now, island lady said:

Same thing for me.   If I don't like the offerings of the night...the Salmon on the classics menu is my go to.   I do flip it over and scrape the dark section off....which is where most of the possible fishy taste comes from.  

Bucky heads to the Strip Steak.  He loves it.  

Hubby had the strip steak on EXPLORER.  I think they stripped the bottom of the chef’s shoe off & served it 🤮

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, poocher said:

Hubby had the strip steak on EXPLORER.  I think they stripped the bottom of the chef’s shoe off & served it 🤮

1 minute ago, poocher said:

Wow...that's a shame.  Bucky has never had a bad one...just lucky I guess.  I hope your hubs sent it back....the Chef needs his shoes.  😜

• Haha 3

Just now, molly361 said:

I just took a quick look but didn't see mushroom soup  hoping I just missed it

OH nooooo!!!   😮

That is the one thing I always enjoy at Chops, and was happy to see it on the menu once a week in the MDR on Serenade a couple of weeks ago.  

• Like 1