Mazatlan

Serious Cruisers

1 hour ago, lgonquin said:

Why is Mazatlan a concern and not other cities?  
I can see how Cabo, La Paz and Loreto are distanced by the Baja Peninsula.  But isn’t it possible that PV and other cities along the coast become risky?

The trouble is being caused by the sinaloa cartel since the leader of it just got arrested. Matzalan is located on Sinaloa.

PV is in Jalisco and not in the area of the Sinaloa cartel.

Edited by ldtr

1 hour ago, lgonquin said:

Why is Mazatlan a concern and not other cities?  
I can see how Cabo, La Paz and Loreto are distanced by the Baja Peninsula.  But isn’t it possible that PV and other cities along the coast become risky?

Exactly!

This is about the drug cartel taking physical violence to get their leader released out of custody (like they did and succeeded to do 3 years ago). The drugs and cartel flows north to the US. Big risk to me for an American or Canadian to be held hostage anywhere in Mexico right now.

This is not good and truly feel sorry for the good people in Mexico just trying to make a honest living.

• Like 1

People actually IN Mazatlan are expecting this situation to be under control by the weekend

It is very specific to an area of Mazatlan and is not anything to do with the c rest of Mexico!

It is specific to one gang c who's v leader has been arrested

• Like 1

The person at the excursion desk said that there will be a decision made either this evening or tomorrow for the stop scheduled for the 11th.

There’s a mazatlan expat group on a site I can’t name but they have excellent boots on the ground info. Also CAPTA (link in the admins post  there). I’m on Royal and am planning on getting off as usual. One of our officers is flying home out of mazatlan as if this afternoon. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, deultgen said:

It appears all three cruise ship which were scheduled to be in Mazatlan today did dock in Mazatlan

CARNIVAL PANORAMA Current Location (cruisemapper.com)

And, we are on the Royal Princess and it certainly looks like we are to dock there tomorrow.  

• Thanks 1