Princess has no record of our Princess Plus package

jb0304

Hello,

I booked a 7 day Alaska back in May for me and the wifes 15 year anniv.  A promotion at the time was the Princess Plus package that had free alcohol, free wifi and crew appreciation included.    A couple months ago I got an email from Princess that our ship had changed and got a new booking number.  Last night I went on to book a couple excursions and the Princess Plus package is gone.  The promotions are not listed on any emails you get sent initially.  All I have is an email from Princess about getting ready for cruise.  One section on that email says "Your Princess Plus benefits include....".  I have attached that email.  Spent all day today on phone with Princess and cruise.com that we booked through and even with that email as proof, I got nowhere.  Can anyone provide any insight on what I can do next?

Thanks

Justin

Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 6.52.32 PM.png

if i go to my account on princess.  I click on the cruise, go to on board services, and under beverage packages click on it and it will say if you have the beverage package, and asks if you want to upgrade that package.

also on travel summary, under special services, it shows the package if paid for

try that, hope you find it

Did you, by chance, print out your travel

summary after you booked!  Or do you have a confirmation email showing the Princess Plus package promotion?  (I guess it depends on who the cruise was booked with - I received a confirmation email from reservations@Princess showing details including the package in the body of the email).

Edited by CATGUY7
Added info
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, jb0304 said:

Hello,

I booked a 7 day Alaska back in May for me and the wifes 15 year anniv.  A promotion at the time was the Princess Plus package that had free alcohol, free wifi and crew appreciation included.    A couple months ago I got an email from Princess that our ship had changed and got a new booking number.  Last night I went on to book a couple excursions and the Princess Plus package is gone.  The promotions are not listed on any emails you get sent initially.  All I have is an email from Princess about getting ready for cruise.  One section on that email says "Your Princess Plus benefits include....".  I have attached that email.  Spent all day today on phone with Princess and cruise.com that we booked through and even with that email as proof, I got nowhere.  Can anyone provide any insight on what I can do next?

Thanks

Justin

Did you book it yourself? The original confirmation from Princess shiuld show what was purchased. You should have an email confirmation.

Or a Ta/CVP would be able to verify if you booked through them.  

I have all original emails from Princess and cruise.com.  Since the promotions were included, none of them were listed on any invoice.  Everything was fine until they changed the ship on us and now it is all gone.  Neither company say they have any record of those promotions. 

Do you have an invoice from your original booking? That should show what was included. Look toward the bottom under the cruise fare and taxes. It should be under Payment Details. 

Edited by Jeal

Just now, Jeal said:

Do you have an invoice from your original booking? That should show what was included. 

Yes, and the agent has to have the original booking with the information in their computer.  I’d try to speak to a manager there.

2 minutes ago, CATGUY7 said:

This was under Payment Details on the deposit confirmation, if that helps. 

D70CF62F-20C7-4E74-AF8B-33E29CB2E4A5.jpeg

That shows you have the package Princess Premier.  So, they changed the ship, they need to honor your booking.

That is proof.  It says it’s included in your fare.

That agent is not very good!  You need the manager.  
BTW, it is against CC rules to mention the name of any TA.

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

That shows you have the package Princess Premier.  So, they changed the ship, they need to honor your booking.

That is proof.  It says it’s included in your fare.

That agent is not very good!  You need the manager.  
BTW, it is against CC rules to mention the name of any TA.

Hi.  I’m not the OP, but was just showing the OP where the information might be posted if they were searching through their confirmation emails.  Sorry to be confusing. 😊

2 minutes ago, CATGUY7 said:

Hi.  I’m not the OP, but was just showing the OP where the information might be posted if they were searching through their confirmation emails.  Sorry to be confusing. 😊

Oh sorry…thought you were the OP.  Hope they can find it.

• Like 1

I don't think you actually purchased the package.  There was a LOT of confusion a yearish ago when the program was first rolled out. Several people on our Jan 2022 cruise misread and thought plus was included in the base fare, when it wasn't.  There was another price to add princess plus.  

I know princess hasn't offered the 3 for free promo since, well, before the restart.  

Your emails for the original booking would have the plus package listed in the breakdown, either from a TA or princess.  

I watched this exact same confusion happen with many pax.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the fact that the ship changed has a lot to do with the confusion.  I have had ship changes twice with Princess, and I had to go back and have things corrected each time.  It's sad that when PRINCESS makes a change that WE have to spend the time fixing and making sure everything is transferred over correctly.  In our situation especially with EZ-Air that was a major mess to correct.  Hope OP does get it figured out, there should be some verification in original booking details somewhere.  I always print every correspondence and page emailed or in my account for verification, you never know when it will be needed.

We don't get the package because we are not drinkers so not worth it to us.   The cost is a lot more then the basic fare.    So by looking at what they charged you originally couldn't you tell what they  billed you for?   Basic or the package.  

15 hours ago, jb0304 said:

I have all original emails from Princess and cruise.com.  Since the promotions were included, none of them were listed on any invoice.  Everything was fine until they changed the ship on us and now it is all gone.  Neither company say they have any record of those promotions. 

I booked a cruise last year (3/22).  This is a partial view of my invoice/booking from Princess. I booked it direct and then transferred it to my TA for a discount.

Note the wording about the included beverage, WiFi, and crew appreciation.   This was before the creation of the term of “Plus package”.

it was built into the price and is not listed as a separate item on the invoice, but as I recall the base price was $40 more per person.

I suggest you review your original first booking invoice and make sure it says the same thing.  If it does not, I suspect you did not book it with those benefits.  If stated, then perhaps Princess screwed up when they cancelled you original cruise and changed you booking number and cruise.  (Assuming it was suppose to be the same deal)

This should help you prove your case!  Good luck.

EF660AA8-F9E3-4C64-BB5A-BE0CCF2DC3A6.png

the .com company 

16 hours ago, jb0304 said:

Hello,

Thanks

Justin

the .com company you booked with ... what is their position on this?