Wine in carryon - how strict is Cape Liberty?

This is not intended to be critical of the OP.  

Just too many variables to answer that type of question.  How lazy is one employee compared  to the one next to him/her.  How well trained is one compared to the other?  What is the non-public policy? What kind of mood are they in today?  Is one in a good mood and the other not?  Oh man, I could go on and on!

For me, it's like asking if all Cops will write a ticket for 7 Miles Per Hour over the posted speed limit.  The answer is, NO!  The trick or luck is to be pulled over by the one('s) that don't.  Which is impossible to know until it's too late.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Williamsburgcruiser said:

Thanks in advance!   How strict is Cape Liberty for the 2 bottles of wine per stateroom in carry on luggage?

Every embarkation port allows 2 (750ml) bottles per cabin in carryon luggage, as others have pointed out, if you bring them in checked luggage you might run into a problem. 

2 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

Maybe the OP is inquiring if he can bring on more than two bottles in his carry on and how strict are the people checking? That's how I'm taking it......of course, been wrong before. Ha

I think the popular consensus is that there is no hard answer to that.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

Two guests, each with their own carry  on, two bottles in each carry on.  They don't know or care who is with who.  

This is exactly true. Went through Cape Liberty in August boarding the Oasis. I brought 2 bottles in my carry on. No one said anything. My boyfriend could have easily had 2 bottles as well...and they'd be none the wiser!

4 hours ago, AspiringCindy said:

This is exactly true. Went through Cape Liberty in August boarding the Oasis. I brought 2 bottles in my carry on. No one said anything. My boyfriend could have easily had 2 bottles as well...and they'd be none the wiser!

You are allowed 2 bottles of wine so not sure why you think they’d say something because you had 2.

I and DW went through Cape Liberty 5 times last year.  They checked my two bottles twice  once they looked at the caps and once they found a knife I had on the cruise before when I had oxygen bottles  in my carry on.  YMMV at Cape Liberty 220 days to my next cruise.  Tampa to Boston.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neverbeenhere said:

I’m currently writing you from city jail for trying to bring three bottles of wine on my last cruise. My 30 days get over on Thursday. 

Hope you had/have soap on a rope!

On 1/17/2023 at 10:50 AM, Williamsburgcruiser said:

Thanks in advance!   How strict is Cape Liberty for the 2 bottles of wine per stateroom in carry on luggage?

Very strict....more than two they make you drink the rest while standing in line. Drink it down and pass it 'round, make new friends.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

There is actually absolutely no restrictions at all.  However, you may not be the most popular person on the cruise.  People that partake are usually scorned and made to be social pariah and you will become isolated.

So, bring as much whine on the ship as you want.  

Edited by Ret MP

On 1/17/2023 at 9:43 AM, TYMAN said:

Maybe the OP is inquiring if he can bring on more than two bottles in his carry on and how strict are the people checking? That's how I'm taking it......of course, been wrong before. Ha

3 Ports last yr counted my 12 Soda Pops, sure the workers can count to 2  😁   One Port few months ago watched a Family of 8 or 9 was each carrying Max Drinks that is allowed per Cabin, Saw them taking Water, Soda and looked like Wine back to their Vehicle

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

3 Ports last yr counted my 12 Soda Pops, sure the workers can count to 2  😁

They counted them because they were "SODA POPS".  If they were just "SODAs" or "Cokes", they probably couldn't.  

:classic_wink:

5 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

They counted them because they were "SODA POPS".  If they were just "SODAs" or "Cokes", they probably couldn't.  

:classic_wink:

😁 ...Ha, Yeah! Traveling all over last 41yrs. Some regions it's Soda, other's Pop, Soda Pop or as you said Coke. My drink is actually Diet Dew as I've been carrying on Royal Cruises for 35yrs

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

😁 ...Ha, Yeah! Traveling all over last 41yrs. Some regions it's Soda, other's Pop, Soda Pop or as you said Coke. My drink is actually Diet Dew as I've been carrying on Royal Cruises for 35yrs

Love me some Diet Dr. Pepper.  However, if it's going to be an adult drink, Dr. Pepper with Cream Soda in it and Kraken Rum.  Ummmm Ummmm Ummmm

image.png.bab36fb79bdb1a806026b969e2a65611.png

Kraken Black Spiced 94 proof Rum - CaskCartel.com

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, poocher said:

Ohhh, bought hubby a bottle of that Kraken for Xmas.  His favorite!

That's funny.  I really dislike Rum.  I really do.  But, there's something about that Kraken. I just enjoy it.  

There was a real long discussion about Kraken on another board/forum.  I never heard of it until then.  I'm glad I went on a cruise last May and gave it a try.  Opened my eyes and stomach!  LOL.  

Edited by Ret MP