What do you do?

sealeggs

For those that go to the pool deck and 'set up a nest.'   How is that with your carry-on with you?   Does your carry-on get splashed?   Does anyone mess with it?    We'll have 4 bottles of wine (two rooms), a 12-pack (or two) of Diet DP, CPAP, plus normal stuff including swim suits.   So I thought we'd bring our folding wagon, and all four of us put our carry-ons in there.   We aren't big drinkers and we'll have teen girls, so bars are out.   We won't hoard a table in the WJ for obvious reasons.   Hanging out by the pool and starting off with swimming sounds awesome.  
We won't have the Key, and I'll get us the earliest boarding.   (I've been trained by Disney on snagging the best times)

Our first stop is always the bar to get a drink then we just walk around until we can get to our room to drop our bags.  last time we just hung out in the suite lounge until room was ready. This year we will probably get a drink check into muster station and walk around for awhile. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GaryWT said:

Do you really need reservations for all shows?  Of course there will be 11 of us so might need to.

It depends on which ship you are going on.  The Oasis class and Quantum class(for a show in the 270) are the ones that you need a reservation for.

Also, Royal’s muster station is awesome.  You just check in to your appropriate muster station and off you go, super easy.

After 10 cruises on Royal our standard procedure is to:

1. head to the Schooner Bar for a celebratory glass of champagne 

2.  I breakoff and secure any needed dining reservations.

3.  My wife scrolls through the app and makes our preferred show reservations.

4.  Our son heads out and scouts the ship, reports back on what's new and different.

5.  Meet back at the Schooner Bar, one more champagne, and get everyone on the same page schedule wise.  

6.  Muster station visit.

7.  Lunch, venue varies by ship, but the default more often than not is Windjammer.  

8.  Once rooms are ready, unpack and organize.

9.  Enter the vacation zone and enjoy 

• Like 2

On 1/20/2023 at 9:58 AM, SimonStern said:

1.  Get a drink

2.  Connect to wifi

3.  Schedule activities, shows, any specialty dining in the app

4.  Get another drink

5.  Muster

6.  Get another drink

7.  Hit a hot tub, either the solarium or the cantilever ones just outside the solarium 

8.  Get more drinks

9.  Once the cabins are ready, and I'm ready to get out of the hot tub, go find my luggage, get into the room, shower, change, get ready for dinner

LOL - I'm surprised you made it to #9 without passing out. 

1. I board with my favorite tote bag to do some heavy duty shopping when the stores open (see below)

2. I scout out the closed stores for the shopping spree to come 

3. I wait with bated breath for the stores to open

4. Finally as we in international waters and shops open, I go in for the kill

5. Shop

6. Shop some more

7. Go to cabin - drop off shopping haul - empty out tote 

8. Shop some more

9. Fill up tote bag

10. Repeat 

11. Shop 'til I drop

Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 1.05.50 PM.png

We head straight for Chops and book all specialty restaurants.   Next stop is pool deck for an adult beverage.  Then if the room is ready we head to it.  I usually can find our luggage in the hallway, so we unpack, and then explore the ship.  

Head to a bar to get our first drink of the cruise.  If it is a new to us ship we then wander.  If the weather is sunny and warm we will then head to the Lido and continue to enjoy the UBP.

We often let time get away from us and don't make it down to our room for hours after it is ready.  

I get muster out of the way as soon as I board.

I head up to the pool or solarium for a drink and then have lunch at one of the specialty restaurants to avoid the craziness of the Windjammer.

When lunch is over the cabins are usually open so off to check out my accommodations and unpack as I usually keep my luggage with me as I board.  Since I usually only travel with a carryon and a backpack  it's easy to haul them around with me.  Once unpacked I open the bottle of wine and sit out on the balcony for a bit before going to explore the ship.  Sail away is either at the pool deck or sitting on my balcony depending on my mood.

This will be our first cruise in 3 years so a lot has changed. 
One thing we always do before sail away while enjoying our first moments on the balcony, is to call home to let everyone that we made it onboard and that we’ll see them in a week or so!

• Like 3

Make show reservations while sitting in the port holding area, if possible, otherwise I do it while we have our first cocktail on board. Check in at the Muster Station location. Eat lunch anywhere but the WJ. Go to our cabin as soon as we can get in. Unpack. Sit on the balcony and watch the port hustle and bustle. Sometimes we change to swimsuits, sometimes not. Get a couple more drinks and go to the bridge wings for sail away.

Edited by TwinMamainMN
addition

On 1/21/2023 at 5:14 AM, Tlbecker1 said:

It depends on which ship you are going on.  The Oasis class and Quantum class(for a show in the 270) are the ones that you need a reservation for.

Also, Royal’s muster station is awesome.  You just check in to your appropriate muster station and off you go, super easy.

Need reservations for certain Broadway shows, Ice, Aqua and adult shows on Oasis class.  On Quantum class need reservations for 2x70, I-fly, North Star and adult show.

Some reservations can be made in the cruise planner before boarding.

On 1/20/2023 at 4:30 PM, HappyTexan44 said:

For those that go to the pool deck and 'set up a nest.'   How is that with your carry-on with you?   Does your carry-on get splashed?   Does anyone mess with it?    We'll have 4 bottles of wine (two rooms), a 12-pack (or two) of Diet DP, CPAP, plus normal stuff including swim suits.   So I thought we'd bring our folding wagon, and all four of us put our carry-ons in there.   We aren't big drinkers and we'll have teen girls, so bars are out.   We won't hoard a table in the WJ for obvious reasons.   Hanging out by the pool and starting off with swimming sounds awesome.  
We won't have the Key, and I'll get us the earliest boarding.   (I've been trained by Disney on snagging the best times)

No problem with carry-on at the pool, hardly anyone in the pool that early in the day except maybe some b2b cruisers.       Those wagons take up a lot of space in elevators and hallways, not the best idea especially on embarkment or disembarkment day when lines for elevators are long and everyone is cramming themselves on.     

Maybe the better plan is to check in around 1 pm go straight to your cabin drop off your carry-on bags then enjoy the pool.    

• Like 1

Five things.

At my age, I go to the bathroom to avoid a later emergency.

I'm usually carrying a RCI satchel with two twelve packs of soda and sometimes a bottle of wine. I always put a room tag on it even though it's a carry-on. I take the elevator to my floor and see if the crew is already assembling luggage in one of the two lobbies. I leave the bag with the other luggage already there.

I wait until about 10 minutes after the rooms are available and then go to lunch. There is usually an exodus and tables are easier to find.

If I'm going to use my D+ BOGO for specialty dining, I make those reservations. 

Then, I check my cabin for ghosts and pirates! Can't be too careful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 1/20/2023 at 7:49 AM, sealeggs said:

Ok, we just booked our cruise on Wonder Of The Seas. it has been 4 long years since he have sailed. Lets have some fun with this. What is the first thing you do when you board the ship and other things after that? We go to the Windjammer and then head to the MDR to check on our table assignment. Next we explore the ship and when it gets close head to the pool deck to watch sail away with our favorite drink.

Grab a drink than walk around…

• Like 1