Favorite Drink On Your NCL Cruise

like2cruise

i'm old, cranky and somewhat of a curmudgeon and set in my ways. give me a chivas on the rocks with a twist, an ice cold heineken and/or a glass of champagne and im good to go.

i always comment, if by chance someone on my cruise wants to find me, im the one with the heineken in one hand and the glass of champagne in the other.

of course the choice of mojitos in sugarcane is nothing to sneeze at either

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, complawyer said:

i'm old, cranky and somewhat of a curmudgeon and set in my ways. give me a chivas on the rocks with a twist, an ice cold heineken and/or a glass of champagne and im good to go.

I think you misread the title of the thread old friend.  It's asking about "favorite drink," not "favorite drunk."  🤣  That said, I have the feeling that if ever we do cross paths on a ship, we'll have a lot of fun although neither of us may win the title of favorite drunk.  There's a LOT of competition out there, and your description of yourself likely intersects with a large portion of the typical cruise demographic (myself included, except I'm more of a Johnnie Walker drinker when it comes to scotch).  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We try to enjoy lots of different drinks onboard, since we always have the package, but our really favourite TREAT is the Bushwacker.  The best ones we've had are on the ships that have an O'Sheehans.

The Epic and Dawn had GREAT Bushwackers when we were aboard.
Amaretto, Baileys, Kailua, Stohli's Vanilla Vodka and more made frozen in the consistency of a milkshake.

We got in the habit of having one right after lunch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

cheifmate jrk

i look forward with great anticipation to one day us being shipmates, and of course the 1st round is on me!  

I (we DH and I) would love to be part of this bromance…lol.  We will buy the next round…assuming it’s below $15…lol.  Epic 2/15, Prima 4/30, Bliss 11/5.  Any chance?  Oh yeah, we would never interfere with first meeting..so…second day meet up! 🤣🥰

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, complawyer said:

i always comment, if by chance someone on my cruise wants to find me, im the one with the heineken in one hand and the glass of champagne in the other.

of course the choice of mojitos in sugarcane is nothing to sneeze at either

I probably wouldn't gain 7-8# on my cruises if I drank like you!!  Champagne & Mojitos...are on the list.  I will let my hubby enjoy the Chivas. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sea saw 56 said:

We try to enjoy lots of different drinks onboard, since we always have the package, but our really favourite TREAT is the Bushwacker.  The best ones we've had are on the ships that have an O'Sheehans.

The Epic and Dawn had GREAT Bushwackers when we were aboard.
Amaretto, Baileys, Kailua, Stohli's Vanilla Vodka and more made frozen in the consistency of a milkshake.

We got in the habit of having one right after lunch.

Why do I not know this drink?  Well thank you for teaching me and I hope the Breakaway staff can help me indulge one or two!!

• Like 1

As far as I'm concerned (and nobody should listen to me!) my favorite drink, hands down, is a Belvedere martini, very cold. very dry, straight up with three olives.  with martinis you have to exhibit a little discipline.  I find I can't drink more than two without getting stupid!  Not drunk, mind you, stupid!   On my last cruise on Breakaway, my wife treated me to a Louis XIII cognac.  That was a religious  experience!  

Elvis

• Like 2

laudergayle, sorry darling, maybe in 2024. jewel jan 26 thru feb 4th  panama canal , dawn b2b london to copenhagen, copenhagen to stockholm july 27 thru aug 15, dawn dec 13th thur 22nd dubai to mumbai.  

but  will try and keep the champagne on ice for you two  lol!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We love French champagne and can easily down the equivalent of 3 bottles over rye cause of one day and night which is the prime reason for always getting the premium plus package, we love it. 

But it sounds as if this is specifically about cocktails: I love my morning Bloody Mary while my other half prefers Mimosa (with French champagne, of course, preferably Veuve). By the pool, it’s Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri for me and frozen Mudslide for him. In the evening, I’m partial to a dirty Vodka Martini or just a double Scottish Malt Whisky.

We also enjoy wines with dinner and are quite curious about the beer bar on our upcoming Encore cruise in April.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Elvis1209 said:

As far as I'm concerned (and nobody should listen to me!) my favorite drink, hands down, is a Belvedere martini, very cold. very dry, straight up with three olives.  with martinis you have to exhibit a little discipline.  I find I can't drink more than two without getting stupid!  Not drunk, mind you, stupid!   On my last cruise on Breakaway, my wife treated me to a Louis XIII cognac.  That was a religious  experience!  

Elvis

Now I know my problem...no discipline and usually enjoying more than 2 martinis 🙂

• Haha 1

I tried the Saturn Landing and really liked it.  An interesting mix of bitter and sweet with a nice fruit flavor.  It's available in the Sugarcane mojito bar (look at the list of non-mojito cocktails).

I would have had more of those but was still working on getting my beer count up at the District Brewhouse.  Speaking of which, the Hoegaarten beer is very good and my husband talked it up so much to the friends were we making at that bar that it seemed like every other time we went in there, the staff was having to re-fill the Hoegaarten tap (change out the keg, refill it, however that works).  🙂

On 1/21/2023 at 6:39 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

Spicey grey goose bloody Mary, Black Label, Guinness.  The three basic food groups on a cruise.  Oh yeah, DD orders Prosecco for me at lunch and dinner.😎  I have tried drinking that other stuff, but I really haven't been able to get the point.  I'll occasionally mix in a Grey Goose screwdriver.  I call it the screwed goose, but it really hasn't caught on. 🤣

Here’s a corny old riddle for you, Chief.

if a screwdriver is OJ and vodka,

what is milk of magnesia and vodka?

a Phillips screwdriver 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/21/2023 at 7:27 PM, quercus alba said:

My instinctive answer is "the one that's in my hand", but I've been partial to the Dark & Stormy (right side of picture below) for my last couple of cruises, and what I choose as my first drink after boarding.
Also a big fan of the First-Morning-at-Sea Bloody Mary.
Thanks for calling out the Rum Cake though. That's a yummy one, too. Got that at Shakers on Epic a couple of times.

IMG_9240.JPG

IMG_9254.JPG

IMG_9269.JPG

Which bar has this menu? Would love to try french raspberry in March on the Escape.

Love the Old Fashioned made in Maltings,   the added twist of using maple syrup makes it delicious. Maltings also use to make a  Jack Daniels Honey lemonade that was delicious.  Someone posted in another thread  thought that NCL no longer has Jack Daniels Honey onboard.