Muster drills to return to pre-Covid style

MeHeartCruising

1 minute ago, Sea saw 56 said:

Hubby came up with the positive perspective on this.

"At least we won't have to watch the video 19 times prior to sailing"😆

We did both!  Just got off the Breakaway.  Got emailed the video every day for the week before we left.  Forced to watch it as soon as we turned on the TV in the cabin AND had to attend in person😁  

25 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

As long as we don't have to put on the life vests and stand out by the boats, I'll be OK.

That will depend on the ship.  Sky and Sun have all their stations outside, I think the Dawn and Star have some outdoor and some indoor stations.

5 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

That will depend on the ship.  Sky and Sun have all their stations outside, I think the Dawn and Star have some outdoor and some indoor stations.

Someone in the last week has posted pictures of the Drill outside under assigned lifeboats on the Spirit.

12 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

Someone in the last week has posted pictures of the Drill outside under assigned lifeboats on the Spirit.

We had a regular drill (outside) on the Spirit last September...Had a lovely view of Seattle while waiting!

A related question....how do the muster drills work when you join an "in-progress" cruise?  We are getting on the Sun in Tenerife March 25, when many (most?) of the passengers boarded a few days earlier in Lisbon.  Surely they do not shut down the entire ship in this instance.

1 minute ago, atlbrm said:

A related question....how do the muster drills work when you join an "in-progress" cruise?  We are getting on the Sun in Tenerife March 25, when many (most?) of the passengers boarded a few days earlier in Lisbon.  Surely they do not shut down the entire ship in this instance.

No, but the whole muster drill crew, about 500 on the Sun, will participate, and only those passengers who embarked will go to their stations.  Interporting makes it difficult for the crew to sort out the participating pax from the non-participating ones.

8 minutes ago, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

With all the recent cutbacks sounds like an attempt to save money on liquor. The bars are shut down during muster drill. 

Do you think they are losing money when they sell a drink at the bar?  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

With all the recent cutbacks sounds like an attempt to save money on liquor. The bars are shut down during muster drill. 

Omg! Lol saving money on liquor, you do realize that say a drink with 3ounces of liquor cost about $50 cents to make yet sold for 7 to $10. Pretty sure bars being closed cost them money doesn’t save them money. 

5 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

Omg! Lol saving money on liquor, you do realize that say a drink with 3ounces of liquor cost about $50 cents to make yet sold for 7 to $10. Pretty sure bars being closed cost them money doesn’t save them money. 

And the bars were always closed during muster!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

I don't suppose you know where they will be on the new ship, the Prima.

3 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

And the bars were always closed during muster!

Correct they close all the bars and any entertainment during muster drill to ensure passengers attend as it is a coast guard requirement. I am speaking from experience as I worked onboard cruise ships for 5 years 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

No, but since the boats are no longer on the old "gravity" davits, where they were stored above the promenade deck, but on the "retractable" davit, so blocking part of the promenade deck, and the most recent trend to minimize the promenade deck (non-revenue generating space), I'm assuming they will be indoors.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Everyone who has sailed on the Prima has had to go to their muster stations in the virtual muster... Just not sit down. Like other big ships, it is in different venues. We had the theater deck 7 on one cruise. and theater deck 8 on another.