Concierge Class vs Veranda

looking4info

7 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

We booked Concierge for the cabin location, but I'd book it again just for the optional body pillow. Best. Pillow. Ever. 

I will now be stalking Amazon to see if I can find one just like it (it's 10 times better than the one I have at home).

sq you mean to say that you did not squirrel that pillow in your "new" carry on luggage??? LOL

Happy to know you had a great sailing AND a great sleep....

bon voyage

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, poffles said:

What does the 'Celebrity embossed key holder' look like?  What exactly is this, something for the room key/card?

If it's still the same as several years ago it's dark blue leather, that is slightly bigger than your sea pass card, that it can hold along with a spot for a credit card.  I use it on every trip, it just makes it easier to find the sea pass card in my pocket.   I can't say as I've seen them give them out in a few years.  I'll find out in a few days if they still do it. 

Edited by rmalbers
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

sq you mean to say that you did not squirrel that pillow in your "new" carry on luggage??? LOL

Happy to know you had a great sailing AND a great sleep....

bon voyage

Even though we don't have to fly to port, Mr. SRQ is only willing to lug so much from the car. I don't want to push my luck. 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, poffles said:

What does the 'Celebrity embossed key holder' look like?  What exactly is this, something for the room key/card?

Yes, cheap maybe real or probably imitation leather card holder.   We left it where we found it, never used it. Worthless.

24 minutes ago, Jockocruiser said:

Yes, cheap maybe real or probably imitation leather card holder.   We left it where we found it, never used it. Worthless.

Opinions clearly vary.. 🙂

We've used ours happily for several years, simple and functional.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2023 at 10:38 AM, looking4info said:

Thanks for all the responses. After looking at deck plans and the info here decided on Concierge Class GTY. No buffet crowds on embarkation day a big plus.  Also, it mentions sparkling wine upon request. How do you request it? Again, thanks for all your responses.

The Lunch is listed as only being from 11:30-1PM. Do you have an Early boarding time?

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/27/2023 at 9:02 PM, SRQbeachgirl said:

We booked Concierge for the cabin location, but I'd book it again just for the optional body pillow. Best. Pillow. Ever. 

I will now be stalking Amazon to see if I can find one just like it (it's 10 times better than the one I have at home).

A simpler solution is/was to buy it on the ship. 

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

Can anyone tell me how to find when the destination seminar is?

Is there still a lounge for concierge at the embarkation port? We couldn’t get an early check-in but may try to go early anyway. 
Lastly, how do you find what class or series your ship is? Descriptions reference Solstice or Edge. What is the Eclipse?

28 minutes ago, Szt said:

Can anyone tell me how to find when the destination seminar is?

Is there still a lounge for concierge at the embarkation port? We couldn’t get an early check-in but may try to go early anyway. 
Lastly, how do you find what class or series your ship is? Descriptions reference Solstice or Edge. What is the Eclipse?

Leave for someone to answer about the seminar. 

If you are referring to FLL departure the concierge sits among everyone else, no special room for this (been there done that) unless you are referring to a suite booking?

Eclipse is Solstice class.  Did this up for my own reference.

image.png.4d4b7f26182ceb144fef6a9768fcd723.png

Edited by poffles
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, poffles said:

If you are referring to FLL departure the concierge sits among everyone else, no special room for this (been there done that) unless you are referring to a suite booking?

So many mistakes in that list , here a pdf from Celebrity 

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/12030112_CEL_FleetGuide.pdf

On 1/25/2023 at 5:30 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Depending on class of ship the cabin could be larger 

Concierge Is 190 sqft , balcony 170 sqft on M-class 

Only on M class  - S class the cabins are the same   Solstice is S.

For us, unless you want the points, Concierge is a waste of money use the $ to treat yourself to something nice. No right or wrong just choices.

5 hours ago, the penguins said:

Only on M class  - S class the cabins are the same   Solstice is S.

For us, unless you want the points, Concierge is a waste of money use the $ to treat yourself to something nice. No right or wrong just choices.

I didn’t even know we were getting concierge until it was booked. I just chose the least expensive balcony/ veranda room. I don’t think I would have paid extra for it. But it will feel extra special to have it. 

• Like 2

On 1/25/2023 at 6:38 PM, looking4info said:

Thanks for all the responses. After looking at deck plans and the info here decided on Concierge Class GTY. No buffet crowds on embarkation day a big plus.  Also, it mentions sparkling wine upon request. How do you request it? Again, thanks for all your responses.

Beware of the "lunch" as since the introduction of booked arrival times the lunch is often changed from embarkation day to a sea. I know this defeats the point but in X's view it's a gesture as otherwise everyone with a late arrival time gets nothing  - no they don't offer both options.

On 11/9/2023 at 6:41 AM, poffles said:

Millennium did her first cruise in 2000, not 2008, hence her name which was extended to the other ships in her class.   Constellation floated out in 2002.  I wonder if your dates refer to a major return or the renaming.  

On 1/27/2023 at 5:00 PM, SRQbeachgirl said:

Even though we don't have to fly to port, Mr. SRQ is only willing to lug so much from the car. I don't want to push my luck. 🤣

Take one of those spacesaver bags. Just roll it up and put it in the suitcase: minimal weight, minimal space. DH will most likely not notice.

On 11/9/2023 at 4:15 PM, the penguins said:

I agree. Many of the benefits they list are available through other means, such as the robes. The video linked below is relatively recent and discusses the benefits.

That said, I'll gladly take Concierge over Veranda if the price is right. About to go on Summit 11/27 which was getting $549 for Veranda gty, or $459 for Concierge gty. That's a no-brainer.

Looking at booking a Concierge GTY rather than Veranda, and I noted it said that it may be subject to obstructed view. I would have thought that Concierge class staterooms would be less likely to be located where they would have obstructed views.

Is this a reasonable assumption or is there a good chance it will indeed be obstructed view? This is on the Ascent. The additional cost to choose one's own cabin (of which there are only a few available) is over $100 pp.