Well, this was fascinating; I called Crystal!

May B

I was on hold for over an hour, and then the gentleman with whom I spoke spent about 45 minutes answering all my questions. When I first called, I was #23 in the queue.

Phone number I used is (800) 446-6620. I believe they answer calls from 9 am to 6 pm, eastern time.

The agent seemed entry-level to me, although certainly very nice. But for this reason, I am not 100% confident that what I’ll tell you now is 100% accurate.

The only Crystal Society benefit he could confirm was that CS members pay 15% deposit rather than 25%.

He did not know anything about paying early to get a discount.

From the one example I asked about, single supplement for a veranda sounds quite high. The double veranda stateroom total was $8800, while for a single, that stateroom with veranda is $7400. The single stateroom, forward on deck seven, is $4800. 

If you book and then change your mind on that specific cruise, even if just applying your $500 advance deposit, there will be an administrative fee of $125 per person, which cannot be refunded but can be transferred to a different booking.

I do think/hope he has the most up-to-date info at his fingertips.

YMMV

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, May B said:

I was on hold for over an hour, and then the gentleman with whom I spoke spent about 45 minutes answering all my questions. When I first called, I was #23 in the queue.

Phone number I used is (800) 446-6620. I believe they answer calls from 9 am to 6 pm, eastern time.

The agent seemed entry-level to me, although certainly very nice. But for this reason, I am not 100% confident that what I’ll tell you now is 100% accurate.

The only Crystal Society benefit he could confirm was that CS members pay 15% deposit rather than 25%.

From the one example I asked about, single supplement for a veranda sounds quite high. The double veranda stateroom total was $8800, while for a single, that stateroom with veranda is $7400. The single stateroom, forward on deck seven, is $4800. 

If you book and then change your mind on that specific cruise, even if just applying your $500 advance deposit, there will be an administrative fee of $125 per person, which cannot be refunded but can be transferred to a different booking.

YMMV

Thank you for enduring one hour of on-hold music so the rest of us don't have to.

Unless they were playing "What a Wonderful World," that would be OK. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, May B said:

YMMV

Excuse me, I did not get the fascinating part of it 🧐

thanks for the info anyhow 

Ivi

• Haha 2

Thanks for the info, MayB. 

That’s about 70% single supplement. Quite high. I wish they had scattered the single rooms about like behind the lifeboats on deck 8 of the Symphony. I’d rather be there than laundry free deck 7. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CruisePfan said:

Did you by any chance inquire as to when they will post details on the world cruise?

No, I didn’t. If I have cause to call again, I can ask, although I’m guessing the person I speak to won’t know.

I am not 100% confident in everything he thought he knew, or tried to find out. 

We’ll soon see!

He COULD, however, quote me itineraries and cruise fares that I can’t access at crystalcruises.com.

15 minutes ago, May B said:

I.

This is very helpful information. Thank you. Could you tell us more about the cruise you were exploring? Region? Length? Ship?  Date?   Each of these items could have a material difference on the pricing.  The single supplement for a veranda stateroom does seem quite steep. Thanks again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

Thank you for enduring one hour of on-hold music so the rest of us don't have to.

Unless they were playing "What a Wonderful World," that would be OK. 

Well, I was doing all my puzzles and also researching something. I can always find something to occupy my time when on hold.

I very much liked that they offered to call me back instead of my staying on hold; and periodically it told me what number I was in the queue!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Observer said:

This is very helpful information. Thank you. Could you tell us more about the cruise you were exploring? Region? Length? Ship?  Date?   Each of these items could have a material difference on the pricing.  The single supplement for a veranda stateroom does seem quite steep. Thanks again.

The one for which I asked about the single supplement was west coast, June of 2024, eight days, Los Angeles to Vancouver, Serenity. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Observer said:

Thanks. This is very helpful. That comes out to around $925 a night for a single with veranda. I wonder if this includes port charges, taxes, etc.

Wonder no more. I always ask for cabin total. 

Did he answer me correctly. I think so! 

19 minutes ago, skybluewaters said:

I believe the port charges and taxes are in addition to the prices quoted on the website, although I don't know if this is what the representative on the phone said.

I believe the web site quotes include taxes and fees.

The first quote he gave me was without those fees, but when I asked, he figured out how to add them in.

Believe me, you do not want to be doing this yourself, unless you’re your own agent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, May B said:

YMMV

May, thanks for posting.  When you say the "single stateroom" is $4800 are you quoting the price for one of the designated solo cabins  or the price for other deck seven cabins with a single supplement? 

1 minute ago, History&Wine said:

May, thanks for posting.  When you say the "single stateroom" is $4800 are you quoting the price for one of the designated solo cabins  or the price for other deck seven cabins with a single supplement? 

Just the fourteen forward staterooms, designated as singles. One of them is already being held, so 13 still remain. Please don’t all go booking them before I can get my friend into one of them! 😳

11 minutes ago, May B said:

Just the fourteen forward staterooms, designated as singles. One of them is already being held, so 13 still remain. Please don’t all go booking them before I can get my friend into one of them! 😳

Am I correct in understanding that all of the designated single cabins are with windows but no private verandah?

Now I got through right away and got an outstanding agent!

He wasn’t perfect; had to correct himself once or twice, but he honestly was such a pleasure to deal with!

I am so relieved.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, May B said:

Now I got through right away and got an outstanding agent!

He wasn’t perfect; had to correct himself once or twice, but he honestly was such a pleasure to deal with!

I am so relieved.

Great news Muriel.

Keith

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cruisr said:

That $500.00 deposit is still completely refundable if nothing is booked in the first 90 days (to get the OBC),  There are only fees after you apply to a booking?  That is till correct, yes?

Yes

Nancy

1 hour ago, nancygp said:

Yes

Nancy

Thanks, calling to cancel our open deposits and get our money back as nothing interests me as a single and my husband when we travel together.  Sad as we were looking forward to sailing on Symphony and/or Serenity again.  Maybe in 2025 but that depends on how new Crystal delivers the product and choosing new and more interesting ports.

• Like 4