Saint Greg's Magic Super Bowl cruise - Live - February 11-19

Saint Greg

11 hours ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Sounds like you're thinking about where Mardi Gras and Liberty dock at terminal 3. The Holiday Inn Club Vacations is across from that terminal. Magic docks at terminal 6 and there is nothing walkable from there.

Gotcha, I misread that and thought it was a $40 ride to Grills. Grills is our favorite place at the port but Sunday we were at Fishlips for brunch - big mistake. We hadn't been there in two years and I remembered why on Sunday. 🤦‍♀️

Yep, I was

• Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 11:45 PM, WhiteOptima said:

Bonaire we did Twizzy tour with Roadrunner.  We loved it but that was back in 2018.  Just looked on Trip Advisor and they are still going strong. 

We have done many things in Aruba.  Sunset cruise, party bus and beach(better beaches on the other side of the island), walked around but the best was in November 2021 we did a Carnival excursion which may be ATV it was a UTV because my son has one.  We did trails, lighthouse, drove on streets but the best was an area of Aruba that the government will not let be developed.  Be prepared for dust!  We bought a waterproof backpack and goggles.  They do let singles because we had 5 in our group.

I saw those tours in Aruba, I went in the safari truck but the atvs were all over our route and yes the dust!! 

P1290600.JPG

P1290599.JPG

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Worth noting that I haven’t locked my key in my room or had to go to guest services for any reason in two cruises. I did leave it at the rum bar during the Super Bowl though.

I had noticed but I didn't want to say anything to jinx you! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 2/17/2023 at 9:49 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

SHOWTIIIIIIMMMMMEEEE!!

Sorry, for such a delayed response to this post. It takes quite some time to read though this great review. That phrase is one of dread at our house. The inner dad joke comes to life every weekend when it is chore time... but I say it in such a manor it sounds like the intro to the dinner entertainment... "It's Showtiiiimmmee / It's Choroorrretiiimmeee, Choooorretime!" my kids hate it, and I can not but laugh after I shout it up the stairs at my house.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/19/2023 at 1:09 PM, Saint Greg said:

For future things like I said news on the rest of this year will wait until the football schedule comes out in May. 

Make sure you’re subscribed to this thread with notifications turned on for that news.

Next year I have three cruises in the first four months. That includes Jubilee, Spirit, and Horizon. All three ships are new to me. One new home port for me (Mobile) and four new ports for me (Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao, Bimini). 

If anyone has tips or suggestions for any of those ports, feel free to leave those here because my planning hasn’t really begun for any of them. 

I can also say I have my first balcony room booked on a future cruise…but I won’t say which one until we get to it.

I think I read somewhere that you want to go to Flamingo Beach when you’re in Aruba and if you do I highly recommend you pack your water shoes!  The beach was lovely, but it was SO rocky in the water that it actually hurt my feet.  Also, they only had a certain number of tickets available to purchase online a few days before I got there.  I had to keep checking the website every day & scored tickets on cruise day (3 days before my arrival in Aruba) by going online 1st thing when they opened.  It was $125 for a day pass which included lunch & a drink when I went in March 2022, but totally worth it IMO. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kittymommax4 said:

I think I read somewhere that you want to go to Flamingo Beach when you’re in Aruba and if you do I highly recommend you pack your water shoes!  The beach was lovely, but it was SO rocky in the water that it actually hurt my feet.  Also, they only had a certain number of tickets available to purchase online a few days before I got there.  I had to keep checking the website every day & scored tickets on cruise day (3 days before my arrival in Aruba) by going online 1st thing when they opened.  It was $125 for a day pass which included lunch & a drink when I went in March 2022, but totally worth it IMO. 

Thanks. I haven’t made any plans for Aruba yet. That’s probably six cruises from now. I just posted some notes I had put in my phone from my initial research which was three years ago. Being my first time to Aruba I’ll probably book something where I can see more of the island.

I’m starting to remember where my flamingo beach research went. I want to say I read those birds have their wings clipped so they can’t fly away. I think I was moving more to another spot where you can see them in the wild from a distance. I think that was in Bonaire.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2023 at 6:53 AM, zencruisers said:

I had a friend who would do that back in the day. Jack In The Box had a deal 2 cheeseburgers for 99 cents but if you ordered 2 hamburgers you were charged full price. So he learned to play the game and ordered  the 2 cheeseburger deal with no cheese.

Funny story. DD wanted an egg n cheese McGriddle so I ordered the two deal, one with no sausage. I confused the heck out of the drive thru guy, so a girl fixes it and rings me up. I get to the window to pay, my total is too high, so I ask about the deal. Turns out it's $3.49 to add egg and $.79 for cheese. Oooooh okay, no wonder the guy was confused when I ordered only bread. Anyway, she re-enters the order with the deal plus upcharges, and I still saved $2. Good grief!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, carohs said:

Funny story. DD wanted an egg n cheese McGriddle so I ordered the two deal, one with no sausage. I confused the heck out of the drive thru guy, so a girl fixes it and rings me up. I get to the window to pay, my total is too high, so I ask about the deal. Turns out it's $3.49 to add egg and $.79 for cheese. Oooooh okay, no wonder the guy was confused when I ordered only bread. Anyway, she re-enters the order with the deal plus upcharges, and I still saved $2. Good grief!

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, carohs said:

Many years ago, when I still ate at McDonald’s, I would order something unusual to make sure it was made fresh. I usually ordered a “cheeseburger with only ketchup”.  I paid the cheeseburger price and received a cheeseburger wrapper containing a bun, meat, and ketchup. No cheese, because I ordered it with only ketchup. 🙄

• Haha 5

On 2/11/2023 at 8:11 PM, nwcruiselover said:

Did they give you a whole bottle of wine as a solo?  I have heard various reports on this.  Some solos seem to receive only a glass rather than the bottle.

A full bottle always. I only drink it at ports that don't have cheers on day 1. Otherwise I send it to another table that's drinking wine.

• Like 3

On 2/14/2023 at 5:34 PM, WhiteOptima said:

Looks like they redid Sunset!  Makes me want to go back.  

Yeah this didn't look at all like the bar I had seen in pictures. The pictures looked like a small bar with an airplane schedule. This was a big complex. Three bars and a couple food places.

• Like 2

Greg, recently back from our Panorama Cruise. Thank you for the LAX IT info worked like a charm. Your info on LA helped us out greatly. We had a terrific time.

My outstanding issue is not being able to get a Panorama hanging ship for my Christmas tree. I have a ship from every sailing I have been on. They had none in the gift shop & whether it is true or not, the sales person said they aren't making them anymore. SOOOOO SAD.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, eltigre said:

Greg, recently back from our Panorama Cruise. Thank you for the LAX IT info worked like a charm. Your info on LA helped us out greatly. We had a terrific time.

My outstanding issue is not being able to get a Panorama hanging ship for my Christmas tree. I have a ship from every sailing I have been on. They had none in the gift shop & whether it is true or not, the sales person said they aren't making them anymore. SOOOOO SAD.

That’s been a rumor since before covid. So far I’ve been able to get one on every ship I’ve been on. Hopefully they were just out.

• 2 months later...
On 2/7/2023 at 11:58 AM, dallasdan said:

Any more upcoming concerts?  I like your taste in music.

The ones I ended up going to/now have tickets for are:

March

Morbid Angel, Revocation, Skeletal Remains, and Crypta

Power Wolf and Seven Kingdoms

May

Sepultura,  Kreator, Death Angel, and Spirit World 

August

Mudvayne, Coal Chamber, Gwar, Butcher Babies, Nonpoint

Metallica, Five Finger Death Punch, Ice Nine Kills

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Metallica, Five Finger Death Punch, Ice Nine Kills

Have you been to a concert at ATT/Cowboy stadium?  I went to Guns and Roses and the sound is horrible.  The music echos inside because the stadium is so big.  We were sitting on the floor.  I told myself I wouldn't do another concert there.  Let me know what you think.

21 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

Have you been to a concert at ATT/Cowboy stadium?  I went to Guns and Roses and the sound is horrible.  The music echos inside because the stadium is so big.  We were sitting on the floor.  I told myself I wouldn't do another concert there.  Let me know what you think.

I can already tell you I won’t like it. But I don’t think Metallica will be playing at the south side ballroom anytime soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/19/2023 at 7:44 AM, ninjacat123 said:

When is your next review?  Hope it's soon😎

Well since I got off of Magic I’ve booked two cruises. I added a Jubilee cruise for next summer before the prices get like they are this summer.

For this summer Carnival is out of the range I want to pay for inside rooms on their cruises and their ships so I opened up to all lines. I was close with RCL and Princess but I ended up booking another Alaska cruise this time with NCL. This time Seward to Vancouver. Here is a sneak peak of what’s to come with that.

AlaskaEx.thumb.jpg.9b7fd133b0eb4432f2de9fdd6c093bab.jpg

That’s what I’ve booked since I got off of Magic. But it’s been three months since I got off of Magic…and it’s another  three months until Alaska.

There’s no way I’m going six months without a cruise. So keep your head on a swivel. I’ve crossed over to NCL. Could be anytime, anywhere. I’ve opened up to the entire world of cruising. When my next cruise thread goes up I’ll post it here so just make sure you’re subscribed. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3