Cutbacks in the buffet, room service charge, charge for extra lobster, down grade in burgers, what is next?

miched

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

They should just partner with a weight loss company like weight watchers…”We guarantee you will lose a pound a day on this sailing because we simply won’t feed you more than your daily ration of 300 calories”

The trick is how you balance that with the "You probably won't starve" tagline in order to really sell it.

Maybe that's why I didn't 4.0 that marketing class I took. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, D C said:

The trick is how you balance that with the "You probably won't starve" tagline in order to really sell it.

Maybe that's why I didn't 4.0 that marketing class I took. 

“Go Green 2.0, we’re not just eliminating food waste, we’re eliminating actual food!”

• Haha 5

Our last sailing on X was in February 2017 when "Modern Luxury" was the way forward. Since then, we have done mostly land based breaks/vacations. Just recently we started looking again at resuming cruising. Part of the reason for pausing our cruising activities was our perception of declining quality in regard to our X cruise experience over time.

Gee!! It seems many think the food quality and perhaps other highlights X was known for, may continue to decline. This is disappointing.

11 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Add this for Lobster Mac and Cheese.

Meijer Chunk Style Lobster Deluxe Imitation Lobster Meat 8 oz | Meijer.com

When at Meijer last week I seen 4 oz lobster tails selling for close to $11 each.    

Considering that the I can see why the cruise line is charging extra for another one.  

Here is an article about imitation lobster and seafood.   It could have been served to you and you didn’t know it

https://www.mashed.com/175456/what-exactly-is-imitation-lobster-meat-made-of/

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

9 minutes ago, miched said:

When at Meijer last week I seen 4 oz lobster tails selling for close to $11 each.    

Considering that the I can see why the cruise line is charging extra for another one.  

Here is an article about imitation lobster and seafood.   It could have been served to you and you didn’t know it

https://www.mashed.com/175456/what-exactly-is-imitation-lobster-meat-made-of/

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

There really isn’t an active false advertising menu enforcement police, seafood of any kind can be mislabeled.  With the price of lobster, without even trying to find the lowest price here’s my local supermarket selling it for $4.99/ 3oz tail

95639FD8-26D7-4342-9AFF-F0FE0C137A5C.png

13 minutes ago, miched said:

What was the price for a Caribbean spiny lobster tail?

On 2/10/2023 at 12:08 PM, manmachine said:

What could be next?  Think about this.  Incredible potential for revenue generation.  And really no big burden on anyone.  Install them only in public places, so anyone who doesn’t care for the extra ‘pay as you go’ fee could simply ‘go’ in their own cabin.  Suite passengers could receive tokens so they aren’t inconvenienced.   A set of those same tokens (though perhaps in a non-suite color) could be sold ahead of time at a discount online to those passengers who appreciate a bargain— with an added 20% gratuity for convenience and to benefit the hard working crew.  And for those who have ‘stage fright,’ reservations might even be possible.  

#GO WONDERFULL 

88651913-CEBC-407C-8DE4-92CE5D037114.jpeg

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 9:17 AM, lexmiller said:

I think what's next is that people will calm down, get a grip and realize that in this class of cruise, Celebrity remains as it always has been, the absolute best option for your cruise holiday - food, entertainment, variety of venues, entertainment options, ship categories (ie inside cabins through amazing top suites, Aqua class etc), beautiful ships with the 3 categories of ship - Millennium, Solstice and Edge.  No other line offers this and no other line has.  So I do think all of the uproar will pass and we will get on with enjoying ourselves as we always did in the past.  That's what is next.

Do you work in the Celebrity marketing department?

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

On 2/10/2023 at 2:17 PM, lexmiller said:

I think what's next is that people will calm down, get a grip and realize that in this class of cruise, Celebrity remains as it always has been, the absolute best option for your cruise holiday - food, entertainment, variety of venues, entertainment options, ship categories (ie inside cabins through amazing top suites, Aqua class etc), beautiful ships with the 3 categories of ship - Millennium, Solstice and Edge.  No other line offers this and no other line has.  So I do think all of the uproar will pass and we will get on with enjoying ourselves as we always did in the past.  That's what is next.

Great post we are so lucky to be able to cruise on these wonderful ships 😎

Edited by swigso
  • Thanks 1

On 2/10/2023 at 9:17 AM, lexmiller said:

The whole purpose of this thread was to be something  to have fun with, and have some laughs  while being creative and I think most have realized that.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, miched said:

Ice cube soup.  Premium water would be used if served in the specialty restaurants 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

451EDC0B-A3CE-4AC2-A7C9-BE23F3D5AA94.jpeg

My dogs would be drooling the moment the ice dispenser started making noise!! 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, D C said:

My dogs would be drooling the moment the ice dispenser started making noise!! 

A friend of mine had a Kegerator.  There was a drip pan under it on the floor.   His German Shepard would lick up the drippings.  He couldn’t figure out why the keg of beer was getting empty as fast as it was.   He found the answer when he seen the dog pushing on the handle to fill up the tray.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅