Cutbacks in the buffet, room service charge, charge for extra lobster, down grade in burgers, what is next?

miched

Guest TopoChico

I saw on Reddit somewhere that SPAM tastes like human flesh. I had it one time after on an egg sandwich and haven’t been able to eat it since. I don’t want to know how anyone would know that. 🤢

2 hours ago, TopoChico said:

I saw on Reddit somewhere that SPAM tastes like human flesh. I had it one time after on an egg sandwich and haven’t been able to eat it since. I don’t want to know how anyone would know that. 🤢

Aloha.  It is an acquired taste lol.  In Hawaii it is a state dish.  Even a local McDonalds on Kalakaua Avenue has a breakfast with white rice, spam and scrambled eggs.  I make it when in NY. Some people think i’m crazy.  I will admit it is loaded with sodium so I do not have it often but in my opinion at least try it once.  That said, I have never acquired a taste for tofu so we all have issues with some foods here or there!

12 hours ago, miched said:

The whole purpose of this thread was to be something  to have fun with, and have some laughs  while being creative and I think most have realized that.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Hi there, call me dim-witted and slow to catch on, no problem, I accept your judgment!  And you might see that I believe my post was the third in the thread, before the true funny stuff got rolling.  But that's ok, my apologies and I hope to do better moving forward.

1 minute ago, lexmiller said:

Hi there, call me dim-witted and slow to catch on, no problem, I accept your judgment!  And you might see that I believe my post was the third in the thread, before the true funny stuff got rolling.  But that's ok, my apologies and I hope to do better moving forward.

And mine was fourth.  But after that it continued to be creative so congrats to the OP.  I will put SPAM in my Super Bowl chili today and see if anybody notices!🏈

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest TopoChico
19 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

And mine was fourth.  But after that it continued to be creative so congrats to the OP.  I will put SPAM in my Super Bowl chili today and see if anybody notices!🏈

And if a guest asks What your secret is to great tasting chili, just tell them cumin and a touch of human flesh.  

3 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

happymeal3-434557.jpg

Smaller portion sizes.

I get bigger portions at Costco that are samples.    It could be that this is sample as a promotion to purchase a specialty restaurant.  Or it is quality rather than quantity.  Hopefully you get the wine before it is consumed.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

On 2/10/2023 at 1:07 PM, cgolf1 said:

bring back the prime rib and the minute steaks in the lunch buffet. IMO the lobster would not be missed.

The minute steaks I always looked forward to.  We recently did B2B on Solstice.  1st week after 5 days never saw them and asked each day.  On day 6 I escalated that up the ladder and after I told them I would be on ship next week, they promised me they would be served.  Sure enough at least 4 times the next week they had them on lunch buffet. 

33 minutes ago, wadewood said:

I could see them cutting the live band and using studio music as other cruise lines have.  Also replacing the hand towels in bathroom with paper towels.  I hope not.

Paper towels seem more sanitary and less waste of laundry staff and wash water but maybe not politically correct although paper straws that mush are ok..?

They already tried dumping much of the  live music and  played  an endless loop of dreadful canned music,,..no one liked it,  Eventually it was  mostly gone.

We prefer quiet morning hrs at the pool but were assaulted with loud 

rap music out there on a few cruises and were told tough..that's what Miami ordered,  No one liked it and  eventually we had some peace out there!

We miss the Jimmy Buffet entertauners and authentic reggae bands...

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 10:08 AM, manmachine said:

What could be next?  Think about this.  Incredible potential for revenue generation.  And really no big burden on anyone.  Install them only in public places, so anyone who doesn’t care for the extra ‘pay as you go’ fee could simply ‘go’ in their own cabin.  Suite passengers could receive tokens so they aren’t inconvenienced.   A set of those same tokens (though perhaps in a non-suite color) could be sold ahead of time at a discount online to those passengers who appreciate a bargain— with an added 20% gratuity for convenience and to benefit the hard working crew.  And for those who have ‘stage fright,’ reservations might even be possible.  

#GO WONDERFULL 

88651913-CEBC-407C-8DE4-92CE5D037114.jpeg

Actually the technology is here already  to have Butt recognition to go with facial recognition.

No extra charge for Aqua or higher.

Small charge for concierge and Veran duh

Inside cabins can avoid a higher fee by buying a new class of All included. The package wil be Grat, basic internet and drinks but not discounted as much as now, Butt Butt recognition is no charge.

Urinals will be taken out so the restrooms can all be neutral gender, and in place of the urinals the staff will be there to sell specialty restaurants, spa  and photo packages.

The senior citizens will have a special menu that will have extra  fiber meals featured all day.

The upselling will help X increase its already positive cash flow.  I really missed the upselling caused by how fast they move us onto the ships.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 1:48 PM, terrydtx said:

Our first time in Hawaii we had dinner at a famous Hawaiian restaurant and when I saw Spam as an appetizer I almost walked out the door. 

For some bizarre reason native Hawaiians just love SPAM. Its even on the menu at McDs and other FF resturants. 

On 2/12/2023 at 2:50 PM, TeeRick said:

Or is it Amuse-Bouche?

My bouche is not amused. 😊

On 2/13/2023 at 6:54 AM, wadewood said:

The minute steaks I always looked forward to.  

Previously on Celebrity:  Minute steaks (as in the unit of time)

Now on Celebrity:  Minute (pronounced my-NEWT) steaks, as in "tiny"

• Haha 5

45 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

With all this talk of Spam, I'm wondering if there is a fee for those not in Retreat Class for the use of the defibrillator?

😉😉😉

not if you get hit on training day

26 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

My favorite ramen! Mmmmmm, many a lunch this tiny little cup of noodles has made.

if they put a microwave in cabin, they can have a snack stocking fee for the cabin.

You are allowed two (2) microwaveable foods per person as carry on, . anything more will be coveed by a specific charge, plus a daily fee of $4 per cabin, plus of course service fee, KItchen paper towels is included in the  snak pakX.

Things are so bad (how bad are they Johnny) they are so bad I wil be booking inside cabins in the future.

• Haha 1

got a new specialty dining Room idea.

motiff is airline club. or fuseloge club.

fuse loge club they put you in a row of seats with 33 inch pitch, and 17.5 inched wide seats.

Youget the old foiled coverd meal. If you agree to it, you dine there everyday for all three meals, In and out in 60 minutes,and you can save $5 a day

Ariline club gets uphosstered seatand unscale meas

ok, seriously, I have the Ron Popiel Showtime BBQ-actually have 2 of them.

Tonight we have rotisserie Chicken done to perfection. Hot and juicy and tasty. Better than Costcos chickens. X has nothing like it.

Chicken on sale costs $7, sides 3-4. My $6 bottle of wine  I get 4 drinks from ($10 per glass plus 20% on board) and the two of us have a nice Valentines Day dinner for a little more than $12.

The valentines nod is I prepare it cook it serve it and clean it up.

To be straight up, the restaurants are now over $20 Pp plus a couple of drinks each add 36, and tax and gratuity add 30%. That's darn near 100, 8 times the cost of dining at home,  and we have fun while drinking and preparing dinners.

Last nights dinner, pizza at sports bar for $40 bottom line.

2 hours ago, HMR74 said:

That's darn near 100, 8 times the cost of dining at home,  and we have fun while drinking and preparing dinners.

Well that would depend on how much you value your time.  At one of my jobs I was making around $100 an hour, but my company billed the customer around $300 an hour for my work. 

So, account for the time, shopping, preparing, cooking, and cleaning and tell me if it still 8 times the cost of dining at home.  I will even let you have the building, gas/electricity, cooking facilities and utensils for free. 

Just in case you do not realize - the above is in jest but simply illustrates a point - how much to we value how we spend our time.