Guy’s Burger’s Fries

Cruzin' Daddy

Last November on Mardi Gras they had these fries, and maybe I am in the minority here but I actually prefer them! They were crispier than the old fries, and I prefer crispy ones. 

Hopefully in a few weeks on Celebration they will have these! 

• Like 2

We ate at Guy's on our cruise in Dec (2022) on Magic.  IIRC, the fries were just as good as always.  I have no idea if they were "fresh cut" or just good from frozen fries.

Maybe the fries served on board are varying due to inconsistency in availability, so sometimes a ship will have different-looking and tasting fries until they get replenished?

2 hours ago, Caps_Shield said:

This seems to get argued a lot but isn't it just preference?  One person's horrible is another's awesome.  

Exactly.  There was a poster a few weeks ago that called the fries "disgusting" because she did not care for the seasoning.

On 2/14/2023 at 11:38 AM, mz-s said:

I guess it's just that Carnival used to be a special vacation. All those special touches are gone. 

I'll have to wholeheartedly disagree, here.   Certainly not ALL of those special touches are gone. 

Maybe from your own special "Why am I not at Chili's?!" perspective, but certainly not from mine, and not, I think, from the perspective of most users here.  

And Chili's has been dead to me since they dropped the Awesome Blossom as an appetizer.  There.  I said it.  😄   

9 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Although Guy's fries have gone downhill, at least they are still far better than TIME FRIES on Celebration.  They were among some of the worst fries I've ever had.  On the other hand, Big Chicken fries are awesome.  Of course, everyone's taste is subjective.

Huh, that's odd.  I tried the varied offerings from Time Fries on the Mardi Gras and thought they were fine.    But, diff'rent strokes....

• Like 1