All your P&O dress code comments and queries.

jomf

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

20 years ago my wife would wear a full length dress. Now she wears a lbd, or equivalent, or floaty dress trousers and a sparkly top.

Don't worry about where the cruise is going. The temperature in the ship remains the same.

Didn’t you say that Arcadia was freezing last year?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

Didn’t you say that Arcadia was freezing last year?

Yes it was. We went back to our cabin after dinner,  and (no sniggering) went to bed to get warm. All the bars were freezing cold - not surprisingly, they were all empty.

• Like 1

Good morning,

Thanks in advance for any advice/ help given.

Looking to switch to P&O after 3 Cruises with RC and 2 with NCL

We currently have a cruise booked with RC leaving this September from Southampton.We booked on the previous cruise and today the price is £500 cheaper including the room credit, it makes my blood boil!!!

So before I cancelled and rebooked with gritted teeth. I checked out P&O

There are some possible benefits….

Free parking. — Is that at the cruise terminal??

Better room credit….

Drinks package £40 PPPD. £70 on RC

Do P&O do I dining package?? Or is it PAYG??

All good I think…..but

On all are other cruises I have been able to wear shorts in the evening at any venue. I understand that this probably not possible with P&O. Happy to wear dark denim jeans in needed too…is this possible??

Cheers…

On 3/24/2023 at 5:11 PM, wowzz said:

20 years ago my wife would wear a full length dress. Now she wears a lbd, or equivalent, or floaty dress trousers and a sparkly top.

Don't worry about where the cruise is going. The temperature in the ship remains the same.

Thank you, It's good to know things aren't quite as strict as they sued to be.
I don't think id bring more than one long dress, no point buying lots of  evening wear i'll not use again.

1 hour ago, Shrewsbury on Tour said:

On all are other cruises I have been able to wear shorts in the evening at any venue

No shorts anywhere on the ship after 6pm. 

Dark denim jeans OK, but not in the MDR on formal nights.

29 minutes ago, Shrewsbury on Tour said:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. 
Do all the other restaurants allow jeans on a formal night??

cheers

On formal nights jeans are not permitted in the MDRs, a couple of the bars and in some of the speciality restarants. The latter appear to vary ship by ship. On Azura last September they were prohibited in Epicurian but ok in Sindu, the Beach house and the Glass House. They are always ok in the buffet.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

No shorts anywhere on the ship after 6pm. 

So, when I get back to our cabin of an evening and parade up and down in my rhinestone studded shorts and cowboy boots for our lass, that's a no-no is it? 🤔

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Shrewsbury on Tour said:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. 
Do all the other restaurants allow jeans on a formal night??

cheers

Officially it states on Horizon newspaper delivered to cabin every evening detailing activities for the next day. It also states on front page the dress code for the day formal or evening casual and quiet clearly states no shorts allowed in the evening. Having said that last week on Iona on most evening casual evenings we sawen walking around all areas of the ship and in bats and theatres. Surprisingly not all were young cruiser's some were elderly gentlemen. Dark denim jeans were acceptable most areas of the ship.

Edited by majortom10

1 hour ago, TigerB said:

So, when I get back to our cabin of an evening and parade up and down in my rhinestone studded shorts and cowboy boots for our lass, that's a no-no is it? 🤔

That should be fine. Post a picture.😂

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

No shorts?. Discrimination against postmen! Sorry,  post persons! 

I always thought shorts were acceptable in the buffet for dinner, as well as being OK in most entertainment venues and bars, certainly in the Caribbean and the Med in high summer.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I always thought shorts were acceptable in the buffet for dinner, as well as being OK in most entertainment venues and bars, certainly in the Caribbean and the Med in high summer.

From the P&O web site. The implication is that shorts cannot be worn anywhere else.

For Caribbean holidays tailored shorts may be worn in the buffet areas and open deck bars. What to pair them is completely up to you!

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

From the P&O web site. The implication is that shorts cannot be worn anywhere else.

For Caribbean holidays tailored shorts may be worn in the buffet areas and open deck bars. What to pair them is completely up to you!

OK I was half right then, but why not the Med, it can be even hotter than the Caribbean in high summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

OK I was half right then, but why not the Med, it can be even hotter than the Caribbean in high summer.

Very true. In my experience it can be much hotter in the Eastern Med and Adriatic in July and August than it is in the Caribbean in the Winter cruising season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, florence11 said:

Hi,

I have sailed with P&O a few years ago and on formal nights everyone looked amazing all dressed up, do people still do this or have times changed. Has anyone got any pictures of what they do wear.

I'm too modest to post photos, but on formal nights, people do glam up !

I wear a tux,  and Mrs W will look lovely in assorted sparkly clothing! 

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 2

Yes a large proportion of men are in back tie or a suit and tie.   As for the ladies, some lovely dresses, some long, some cocktail, not many ballgowns.

I haven't  worn a dress for ages, and now semi disabled I wear evening style trousers, and floaty tops, mostly sparkly, with extra bling and make up.    Lots of ladies wear similar too, and most people look great on formal night.  I love to see it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Yes a large proportion of men are in back tie or a suit and tie.   As for the ladies, some lovely dresses, some long, some cocktail, not many ballgowns.

I haven't  worn a dress for ages, and now semi disabled I wear evening style trousers, and floaty tops, mostly sparkly, with extra bling and make up.    Lots of ladies wear similar too, and most people look great on formal night.  I love to see it.

I stopped wearing long dresses a few years ago.  Now I wear short cocktail dresses or evening trousers.  Roman have some nice evening and cocktail dresses and trousers.  My husband takes either a dark suit and a couple of ties or his evening suit with formal shirts and a bow tie.

Remember it is your cruise to enjoy so wear what you feel comfortable in and don't worry about what other people think.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I stopped wearing long dresses a few years ago.  Now I wear short cocktail dresses or evening trousers.  Roman have some nice evening and cocktail dresses and trousers.  My husband takes either a dark suit and a couple of ties or his evening suit with formal shirts and a bow tie.

Remember it is your cruise to enjoy so wear what you feel comfortable in and don't worry about what other people think.

I am the same.  Usually wear cocktail dress or black trousers with something sparkly.

• Like 3