Coco Beach Club on CocoCay- worth it?

2 hours ago, kmsnyg said:

We just booked it for 78 per person. Early Black Friday deal, maybe? There will be 2 ships in port and I wanted a relaxing quiet place, so looking forward to it.

That is a Great price!    What ship are you sailing on?    We sailed on Serenade in Sept for the repo cruise and booked the beach club for $79.     We said that would probably be the max we would pay for it but I just booked it for $98 (DH doesn't know yet 😇) for a future Anthem sailing.   

My sailing has Hideaway beach on sale for $30.    I was undecided on giving Hideaway a try at $30 or do the beach club as we love it there.   I may book Hideaway while on sale (if it let's me book both) and decide as we get closer to the sail date.   

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Great score 😎

Which ship and Sailing?

Cheapest I see for any of ours for Beach club  $129.99 before tax ($153.39)

However we see Hideaway beach for $62.99 before tax ($74.33)

Thanks! Wasn’t going to book it because it was 150$ last time I looked.  Liberty of the Seas first week of December (we are there on 12/7)

IMG_2430.jpeg

• Like 1

I looked at Coco Beach Club for our sailing in March 2024 and it's 148.99. States per adult. So what about my 10 year old granddaughter, does she get in free? Or, adults only? Or, when reserving select her name also??  

We just booked with BF sale. Still a little more than I'd like to pay, but I'm interested in a more quiet location with not a ton of people around. I know the island is huge and there are plenty of seats around but with 11,000 people there that day I'd rather know I have a quiet place to relax.

7 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

The description under the "shack" (aka deluxe) version is pretty thorough.

Well, considering until the poster under you actually posted the menu, not everyone knew the description.

And there is no description of the sauce. My guess is if it's like most "special sauces" it's mayo based which is disgusting. So I'd go for regular before that one.

21 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

I looked at Coco Beach Club for our sailing in March 2024 and it's 148.99. States per adult. So what about my 10 year old granddaughter, does she get in free? Or, adults only? Or, when reserving select her name also??  

I could be wrong but I think the beach club is adults only.  I don't recall seeing any children there.

I stand corrected, I just looked up and children are permitted.   Wonder why I never noticed any.  Maybe the price??

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I could be wrong but I think the beach club is adults only.  I don't recall seeing any children there.

I stand corrected, I just looked up and children are permitted.   Wonder why I never noticed any.  Maybe the price??

Coco beach club is Not adults only. There’s usually discount of  about $10 less for children.   

Hideway beach will be adults only. 

m

• Like 1

12 hours ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Difference currently is about $200 of your hard earned money 

Beach club includes lunch and is established and for families 

can run as high as $329 per person per 6hr visit 

prices vary from PAST $50 all the way to current 

Sail date ship and color of the sky will determine cost of entry for a specific cruise 

Hideaway beach isn’t even built yet, but does not include food and is adults only 

(actually I stand corrected , you might get a slice of pizza included)

$62.99 per person per day 

I’m sorry, I’m still confused.  Years ago, I enjoyed CC because it was a FREE day.  You got a free lounge chair and RCCL supplied a free bar b que, nothing fancy but free.  Is that no longer the case? 

On 3/2/2023 at 4:35 AM, Sigyn said:

Who has gotten a day pass for Coco Beach Club? Is it worth it? I'm traveling with my 15-year-old son over spring break and I'm trying to decide what we should do on CocoCay. It's $232.99 per person for the Coco Beach Club on our upcoming cruise. Not sure what it includes - mentions just this on the excursion page. Seems pretty light for that kind of price. I've never been to CocoCay, however, so I'd like to hear other people's experiences with it. I mean, you get premium towels!

• Full day access to Coco Beach Club.
  • Complimentary upscale Coco Beach Club restaurant.
  • Complimentary chairs, umbrellas, and premium towels.

$232 each?  Hard NO.  Honestly, I've taken short cruises for less.  Personal thoughts about cost aside, here's why I'd say no: 

- Free loungers are available.  Get up and out early to get a front-row seat.  The free loungers are arranged in 2 and 4s, with an umbrella and a small table between the chairs.

- Paid seating is no better; in fact, some of the paid seating is farther from the water or second-row behind other beach beds.  

- Alternately, you can get a seat at the large pool.  The music is loud, so it's not my particular taste, but your teenager might enjoy it.  

- The no-cost food on Coco Cay is really good -- tacos, Philly-cheese type sandwiches, burgers, chicken sandwiches.  The things I like to eat on Coco Cay aren't available most of the time on the ship; thus, I'm not particularly motivated to pay extra for other food.  

- I suspect a teenager wouldn't particularly enjoy the Beach Club.  

Notes: 

- If you have a drink package, it'll work on the island; however, if you're buying drinks, they'll cost a bit more than on the ship (think $1 more for a beer).  It has to do with VAT in the Bahamas.  A stingy person (me) would bring a couple off the ship, especially if you have a small cooler.  

- You can check to see how many ships will be at Coco Cay along with you.  If it's JUST YOU, I absolutely wouldn't pay for a spot.  If two ships are at Coco Cay AND one of them is a mega ship (though in theory the mega ships hit Coco Cay alone) AND you're not going to get up and out early, I can see why you'd MAYBE splurge on seating ... because it's possible that the other ship would dock first, and those passengers would scoop up the front-row seats.  

51 minutes ago, mrobstad said:

I’m sorry, I’m still confused.  Years ago, I enjoyed CC because it was a FREE day.  You got a free lounge chair and RCCL supplied a free bar b que, nothing fancy but free.  Is that no longer the case? 

You can still have a fantastic free day on Coco Cay.  To call it "Disney-fied" is a bit of a stretch, but it's more like a resort /less nature now.  

Edited by Mum2Mercury
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, mrobstad said:

Thanks.  I don’t think I need to wake up and smell the roses, and if it’s not free, ok.  
Yes, it’s true it might’ve been 10 yrs since my last RCCL cruise, mainly because I find NCL more solo friendly than RCCL. 
I understand post Covid price cuts and price increases, but I didn’t want anything sprung on me at the last minute. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mrobstad said:

I’m so excited this ship has a Pickleball court.  I’m probably a 3.0-3.4 player.  Does anyone know about open play?

I didn't see what ship you're on (apologies if I missed it) and I don't play but there was open play every morning on Wonder in June if that helps. My BIL is very into it and played several times that week.

39 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

It has been turned into a theme park 

Our definitions of theme parks are different.  It's still very possible to sit in a free chair at Coco Cay and have a quiet day reading your book or listening to your music, while enjoying the sand and sea.  

26 minutes ago, mrobstad said:

Thanks Nancy.  Exactly the answers/explanations I was looking for.  
on a different note, I’m so excited this ship has a Pickleball court.  I’m probably a 3.0-3.4 player.  Does anyone know about open play? 

Do you have the app on your phone?  Click the calendar icon in the center - top, then click on each individual day.  You'll be able to see open play times -- well, maybe you can see them now; depends upon how far away your cruise is.  Things like that tend to show up maybe a month ahead of sailing.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrobstad said:

Coco Cay  is  still free. I think everything that was free before, it’s still free, and then some.  There are thousands of free loungers with umbrellas (used to have to rent umbrellas) and a nicely upgraded lunch. There is also a snack shack with complementary food as well. Also for your complementary use  is a huge pool with swim up bar. There are complementary trams to get you down the pier, and another set to get you around the island. All of that is complementary.  If you have the drink package and wi-Fi, it is accepted at Coco Cay 

Should you choose some different/additional  type of accommodations such as the Coco beach club, Hideaway Beach, beach beds, beach cabanas,  all of those are there for your enjoyment for an additional fee. 
m

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I didn't see what ship you're on (apologies if I missed it) and I don't play but there was open play every morning on Wonder in June if that helps. My BIL is very into it and played several times that week.

Thanks! I’m going on the Odyssey on 3/2 and just saw they had Pickleball.  Players like to play at or above their level, so hopefully I’ll get to play.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

It has been turned into a theme park 

From the beauty it was 10 plus years ago that mrobstad remembers 🤣

The first thing you see on arriving at Cococay is a multicolored slide tower 

It used to be like MSC’s Ocean Cay is now, 

But hey this guy when he docks this time on a visit rather than by tender (years ago)

Im sure mrobstad won’t remember the big multicolored signs and slides and think he is visiting a new island 😉

Nancy

I definitely agree with this! 

• Like 1

So many new things when you’ve been away from RCCL for a while.  I’ll definately download the app since I won’t have wi fi.  One service I really miss is having your own personal cruise consultant.  Any time I have a question, I’m speaking to someone in the Philippines.  At NCL, you still have a PCC who can help with dining, shows, shareholder credit etc.