Oasis of the Seas Live - We’ve been Saved by the Bell 🐾🐾 March 12-19, 2023. ​​​​​​​

3 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

How so?  Might be wrong, but hardly stupid.  😂  

Here is how I look at it. I have never hated another team in any sport either because we play them or are a rival. I understand you might love your team, but to hate another college or team is just plain stupid. You may be a very smart man but I don't have a lot of respect for anyone who bashes or hates another team just because of who they are. When my team loses I respect the other team for playing better. It's one thing to have pride and loyalty for your team but to make comments like you did just aren't necessary in my book. Sorry if I offended you but I'm just being honest. I would prefer to not discuss this any further but focus on this great thread of a great cruise where all us had a great time which each other.

• Like 9

I am sure the KState fans agree with you.  😂  

I think wanting fans to not dislike other teams is like wishing for world peace and expecting it to happen.

I probably dislike the fans more than the program.  I admire that.  We had that conversation before.  I have never experienced any more disrespectful fans in my entire lifetime than KU fans.  I have had them taunt me when I said not a single word to them.  They have taunted my wife and her friend when I couldn’t go to the game.  Duke, well you either hate Duke or are just nuts.  😆

jc

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Was the area right by the 17th street bridge?  Looks like lots of activity in that area.  The existing cruise terminal 4 there is being "re-imagined" to become the new Disney Cruise terminal (Carnival moving from terminal 4 to a redeveloped terminal 21).  There's also a major convention center expansion that will include a new 800 room Omni hotel and a few restaurants.  It will be nice having a new hotel option right there, but we might need to coordinate cruise with large conventions.

Yes.   
Looks like concrete city. 
Massive. 

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Here is how I look at it. I have never hated another team in any sport either because we play them or are a rival. I understand you might love your team, but to hate another college or team is just plain stupid. You may be a very smart man but I don't have a lot of respect for anyone who bashes or hates another team just because of who they are. When my team loses I respect the other team for playing better. It's one thing to have pride and loyalty for your team but to make comments like you did just aren't necessary in my book. Sorry if I offended you but I'm just being honest. I would prefer to not discuss this any further but focus on this great thread of a great cruise where all us had a great time which each other.

Sorry we didnt get more time to talk. We briefly talked about Galveston hotels. Imo miami even lower priced were better. Galveston gets by with some that are old and in need of refresh. I honestly though beachfront was better than the la quinta I had stayed at which was much worse. Matter of comparison. La quinta my socks turned brown walking on the wood floor, yes I had a view, but I saw bugs at 3 am and my ac went out. .. that was the worst since covid. Sorry if I misled you that beachfront palms was nice, adequate  .. nothing went wrong. 

I was pleasantly surprised my miami hotel looked better than expected for the price. ..going by what I've seen in Galveston.

I think people just are reacting to the word stupid .. not disagreeing with you about liking teams. Just that one word. Not what it was about. 

Well as one of the Indians... every chief needs Indians to follow making this thread. Thanks for starting this love thread.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I have never experienced any more disrespectful fans in my entire lifetime than KU fans.  I have had them taunt me when I said not a single word to them.  They have taunted my wife and her friend when I couldn’t go to the game.  Duke, well you either hate Duke or are just nuts.  😆

jc

I am sure there lots of horrible fans for every team. I am sorry some horrible KU fans did that your wife because that is not right. I don't think that all KU fans are like that. I do not respect any fan who is rude, mean or hateful to another teams fans.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Part two 

Took the elevator up to our room with one member of the house keeping staff and she commented on how she cannot believe how cold it is. 
I go how cold is it. She responds in the 50’s. 

We told her we’re going home to the 20’s and snow. 

Pulled out a heavier shirt.

08:30 

We will take the 20's, this morning it was 12 degrees here is Southwest Virginia. No snow though. We haven't had any snow the entire winter this year. 😞

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

It's embarrassing for Royal that they didn't even know this lift existed.  There must be numerous people in wheelchairs every cruise.  How could they not know?  I'm being generous here in assuming they really didn't know it existed instead of being more cynical that they only pretended not to know so that they wouldn't need to operate the lift.  Glad that it all worked out for you.  Looks like you and Phoebe had a great cruise!

There is also a lift in Aqua Theater on Port side

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

WOW!! 107 pages.

Had a great time on my first Royal Caribbean cruise. Met some really great people and hope to stay in touch through Cruise Critic and meet everyone on another cruise.

Yesterday sure was a day to stand in lines and wait.

The flight from Miami to Charlotte was uneventful. The flight from Charlotte to Cleveland was a pain. Almost a two-hour delay and they changed my departing gate 4 times. At least the time delay allowed my luggage to get on the plane.

Now I get to do laundry, grocery shopping, pick up the mail and catch up on all the email sites I couldn't get on while on the ship. Either because the internet was terrible, two step verification or forgotten passwords (I thought I wrote all of them down).

It was nice meeting you. I'll always remember Sue's glass of White Zin in Schooner every night.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

Wow! When we exited the parking garage the GPS kept directing us to the Turnpike. I saw a sign to I-95 North and said, let's get in the Express Lane. Glad for that luck and sorry you got caught in it. Wishing you well!

If I had known what was in front of us, I would have taken 95 to Ormond Beach 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We had a few seasoned citizens.

What John Said 👍🏻
Seasoned 

I never asked anyone, but I am sure a few were a little older than me 😂

I think maybe Lisa or Nikki were the youngest in their 40’s 

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 2

Just now, PompeySailor said:

What John Said 👍🏻
Seasoned 

I never asked anyone, but I am sure a few were a little older than me 😂

I think maybe Lisa or Nikki were the youngest in there 40’s 

Don’t know why I am quoting you

Maybe I need a drink 🥃 

• Haha 2

And for the Bella Part Deux lucky 🍀 sailors, you will have a blast.

Jealous, of course we are 🤪

You’ll have to find someone else to take their trousers off at quest 😉

We would have, but we have to see the Faberge egg on RSS Grandeur and already got a steal on that.

so Part 3 will be the one for us 

Happy Days!

• Like 3